Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
    I feel — if it doesn't turn out to promote neoplasia or something (I don't think it will, and I hope it won't) — H.S.C. could be used alongside hair-transplantation and finasteride (or instead of finasteride, for those reluctant or unable to use it) to ward off further hairloss. To whether the effects of H.S.C. will be permanent, I can't say (and I don't believe anyone yet can); to its efficacy and patient-factors that may influence this, I also cannot say.
    Therein lies my only concern.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

And true hair multiplication is still well over a decade away, it's so easy to get caught up in the current hype. I'd say 15 - 20 years we will have something, not a cure, but something, those banking on a cure in 2015 are dreaming.

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

One thing about Histogen's H.S.C.: as I said, I feel this prospect could be fruitful, but, I'd much like to see before–after shots of H.S.C. treatment of a bald area. Show me a few square inches of bare scalp, then that same area with even a dozen hairs (not "vellus hairs") growing out of it — without transplantation — and I promise you I'll get excited
        Indeed. Otherwise, there's no telling how much of the measured increase in hair count might have been existing hairs that were simply coaxed out of the telogen phase rather than new hairs.

Comment

• gmonasco
          Inactive
          • Apr 2010

Truthfully, Histogen's H.S.C. has completed stage 1 trials — most drugs that pass stage 1 testing go on to fail by stage 3.
          Have they? I thought HSC was currently in phase 1 trials.

Comment

• HairTalk
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
            I could be mistaken, but I think Histogen is beginning phase-2 clinical testing of H.S.C.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
              They are in "Phase I/II" which means they are still testing the safety element associated more commonly with Phase I studies, Dr Ziering shall have some results for the hair loss community in the coming weeks, some 'exploratory studies to determine dosage arrangements for Phase II in spring this year'. I believe these are 50 patients receiving initial doses of the HSC, it usually takes 3 months before the first effects become noticable from a clinical perspective, I highly anticipate these, we also still have Aderans who are deeply entrenched (200+ subjects) in Phase II. We may hear from them later on in the year (September/October).

Comment

• gmonasco
                Inactive
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by UK_
                Hairtalk is spot on - you have to ask yourself why companies are not pouring investment into Histogen, why isnt this company on the news? Shouldn't their phase I have been worldwide coverage?
                If they stick to the original plan, the investment should come after the phase 1 trials are complete:

[IMG]http://www.************/hair-loss/img/uploaded/2879_image215.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Bakez
                  • Dec 2010

Best case scenario for ACell:

In 1-2 years you might be able to get a 1000-1500 FUE transplant where all the extraction sites have no scarring whatsoever, and in maybe 50% of them a single hair grows back where the 2-3 graft used to be.

So essentially you might be able to get a 1 small FUE transplant where you can literally still do the sides and back to grade 0.5 and nobody will be able to tell unless they come up and start examining your head after it just got cut to grade 0.5.

That is the realistic scenario for the layman, based on the evidence in this thread and without hope judging my vision.

Comment

• Bakez
                    • Dec 2010

Actually lack of hype is probably a good thing when thinking about investment. Hype usually ends up over valuing everything, and investors have learnt the hard way (or should have) when dealing with hyped up industries or companies. IE they will be reluctant to put money into it

Comment

• gmonasco
                      Inactive
                      • Apr 2010

We should probably take the Histogen discussion over to the relevant thread:

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

"There is no scientific data to prove a single conclusion you allude to. There is no evidence that the plucked hairs grow back at the same diameter as they were in the donor area. There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that anything similar to autoclonning occurs. Dr. Cooley performed no survival studies so there is no evidence that the survival rate is 75%. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty connecting the dots. Read my lips...Dr. Cooley presented no data what so ever to indicate that even a single viable plucked hair grew in both the donor area and the recipient area. I have no idea what your agenda is, but your conclusions are simply a leap of logic or hallucination. We all want to believe hair plucking works including myself, but no one can draw scientific conclusions based on faulty studies. Now, if you want to pull the Dr. Cooley card on me, feel free to have him give me a call or debate me on a forum. We’re not enemies or competitors. We’re colleagues who are both interested in making lives better. I welcome evidence that refutes my position simply because it will improve the possibilities for all individuals with hair loss. If it does not pan out, however, the impact on the finite donor area would be deleterious. Don’t count me to be on the bridge of that ship. In other words, show me the science."

Dr Cole.

The above comment remains an accurate one.

I am glad Dr Cole was here to douse the uncontrollable wildfire of optimism regarding Acell/Autocloning.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

When did Dr Cole said that?

Btw its funny that you keep on trying to destroy everything and you have been registered since february :-) always thos funny coincidences here.

Do you mean Dr Cole who stated that plucked hairs never grew back? While the whole female world struggles with unwante hair :-)

Do you mena that Dr Cole who after this expressions become very quiet and showed a picture with blood vessels after a FUE.

"Uncontrollable wildfire"? Thats ridicolous, can you tell me which clinic you represent here?

You know, i f i were you i would highly get rid of the idea, that one time Histogen will fix you :-) i think thats what you are after, the magic pill or injection.

So my advice is, that you should learn more about your hair, how its working, and how its growing and where the essential key points lay within it characteristics.

Plucked single hairs, seem to be smaller in diamater because THEY ARE SINGLE HAIRS and not a group of hairs coming out of one follicle.

Oh and i take and give this pvtpoint2000 guy definetly more credit because he said that almost all of the plucked hairs grew in his scar.

But hey thats ok stick with your opinions and its good, but dont quote docs here, when you yourself dont have any clue about hairs or how they work, thank you

Comment

• Gary Hitzig MD
                            • Dec 2010

Keep the Faith

Hi Richard,

As we progress we will modify what we do and how we approach it. Sorry people think the cup is half empty but it is really turning out to be half full. Progress is made with slow safe deliberate steps and that is what we are trying.
                            As much as it is exciting that we are duplicating hair all over with ACell, the hairline is not the appropriate site. We need to adjust for this. The good news is that the hair is duplicating, not that we need to modify the technique using ACell.
                            Keep the Faith
                            GH

Comment

• Gary Hitzig MD
                              • Dec 2010

Plucked hairs do grow back!!!!

Also, plucked hairs do grow back!!!!
                              I proved this over 10 years ago in my original work.
                              When you pluck a large circular area in the donor region, it does not remain bald, but instead grows back fully. I have re-used these sites in more than one patient.
                              Talk with a female who tweezes her eyebrows.

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins

Btw its funny that you keep on trying to destroy everything and you have been registered since february :-) always thos funny coincidences here.

Do you mean Dr Cole who stated that plucked hairs never grew back? While the whole female world struggles with unwante hair :-)

"Uncontrollable wildfire"? Thats ridicolous, can you tell me which clinic you represent here?

You know, i f i were you i would highly get rid of the idea, that one time Histogen will fix you :-) i think thats what you are after, the magic pill or injection.

So my advice is, that you should learn more about your hair, how its working, and how its growing and where the essential key points lay within it characteristics.

But hey thats ok stick with your opinions and its good, but dont quote docs here, when you yourself dont have any clue about hairs or how they work, thank you
                                Okay - IT WORKS - is that what you wanna hear?

Do you seriously think I DONT want this to work?

What's "learning about my hair" gonna do anyway? If yr genetically predisposed to AA thats it - no amount of protein propecia potion pills books an B vitamins are gonna help you - there is barely anything in the field right now - we're banking on a few horses and I doubt any will reach the finish line - so dont assume im sitting here gleefully awaiting Histogen to wipe away the scorn of my hair loss.

And what's wrong with quoting Dr Cole? I believe his comment was an accurate one, please silence me by proving me wrong, show me the science.

Comment

Working...