Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardDawkins
    Inactive
    • Jan 2011

And thats especially the reason why i wanna Dr Cole on the HST side. Because he has exactly the requirements to perform such a thing "He learns". And i am honest here, i was angry with Dr Cole in the past when he started this thread here and criticised Acell. But unlike others he admits the mistake while others keep on bashing and tell the same old stuff you hear all the time.

Also another thing which surprised me a few months back was Jotronic who was really interested in Acell and Donor Regeneration and dont forget he is more of a FUT sales person (no offense).

But to me people from other sides who are willing to investigate something are much more valuable then just a normal hair transplant could ever be. Even Gho is learning his stuff from anew every day, just remember a few weeks back he said that 2000 Grafts is the maximum in one session (yes he was overly cautious) but now he has changed it on his homepage to 2300 Grafts, which shows that even he learns some new elements from time to time(for the same price tag).

I think that those kind of decisions and opinions are very very important. What some users here may not realize, but if you do your homework you can become smarter then your average non interested surgeon, and thats a fact. I think Dr Coles work is good but lacks the donor regeneration :-) (Sorry Dr Cole this has to be said ;-) )

With donor regeneration in his CIT case (btw CIT-HST does sound good) an appointment would be a no brainer for almost everyone.

Of course first i was really negative and really sceptic about Gho, yes i destroyed a lot of stuff or i tried to but after a while and with more digging into this matter i reevaluate the whole situation and well i changed my mind in favor of Gho. Also when Dr Cole said that he witnessed black nubs in parts where he extracted follicles (where some people tried of course to downtalk his observation Jealous asshats) i was like "Ok if science says it works and even Dr Cole witnesses such a thing with "more or less primitiv" first approaches why should it not work?

And i agree here, i also hate FUT because i think its just barbaric, and it doesnt matter what results you get because FUE can achieve the same good results.

Yeah i already said to much, but to make it short, Thanks Dr Cole for looking into Ghos HST, at least ONE doc is admitting or considering it in a neutral way

Comment

• CVAZBAR
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
      I agree with all of the above. It would be very reassuring to see another top clinic validate the technique and offer it themselves. If this technique works as described then the first clinic in the US to adopt it would have a huge advantage over the field.

I was at first skeptical of HST as Dr. Rassman didn't believe it could be done but then I did some background reading and realised he said the same about FUE when Dr. Woods introduced the technique. Dr. Rassman worked on it himself and came out with FUE a while later claiming to be it's pioneer. Perhaps Dr. Bernstein sees what Dr. Gho's doing and he's trying to figure it out himself so he can be the first to introduce it to the North American market.

I can't help but feel that the stick and place technique in conjuction with
      dipping the grafts in the preservation medium or ECM would be the safest protocol. Surely when extracting such a fine amount of tissue, (the needle is approx. 0.6mm diameter!) time out of the body is more critical than ever.
      Im also surprised with Sneijders density. Something tells me he got more than 2000 grafts. His results are fantastic. I think he can even go lower, to say a 1 clip all around. I doubt you would see scars.

Wanting to research more on HST is only smart. Dr Cole would benefit from this immediately. It's a win/win for everyone! Why wouldn't all the Docs want this, if it works? You would have to be an idiot to ignore this.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
        • May 2011

Definitely seems more than 2000 considering his pattern. Looks maybe more like 4000. That's probably the most they could harvest in one go. Dr. Gho explained that you cannot reliably partially extract 2 adjacent follicles due to the potential confluence of scarring which stops donor regeneration. That's why they extract one, skip over a follicle and extract another. It's like minesweeper or something. Maybe 4000 is possible, certainly 2500-3000 anyway.

The triple wave 0.6mm extraction tool sounds mad. I know anytime you break the skin it can scar but at that size you probably can't see anything. Comparing it to a 1.0mm extraction tool the cut area is 0.28mm2 compared to 0.79mm2. Far smaller. If a 1mm extraction tool can leave a white dot then I'd imagine a 0.6mm extraction tool would leave something like a very small acne pock mark at worst. I don't really know enough but how small is 0.6mm compared to say a needle you get an injection with?

I know Dr. Feriduni believes extraction tools bigger than 0.95mm should never be used. At 0.6mm you can't take a full 3 haired follicle as far as I'm aware so I wonder does Dr. Gho only transplant 1s and 2s and they grow that way. I also wonder is there a phenomenon where if you partially extract a 3 haired follicle (say 2 hairs are taken) with enough dermal pappillae does it have an underlying architectural code so to speak so that when transplanted and shed it grows back 3 hairs rather than the transplanted 2. Maybe it does. I same this because in Dr. Gho's paper the number of hairs that regenerated in the donor was close to the number beforehand. In other words 2 hairs from a 3 hair follicle were extracted and 1 remained but 2 grew back to return the follicle in the donor to a 3 haired follicle. If that's the case does it mean the 2 transplanted hairs will regrow 3 in the recipient? That's my hope anyway.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

I also wonder if bone marrow stem cells could be used to stop the progression of MPB. I know it has worked for children (in Eygpt I believe?...might be another country) who suffer from Alopecia Universalis so maybe it has implications for MPB. Stem cells has to be the endpoint.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

I had a look at the site and the Hair Science Institute are working on a new technique called Hair Stemcell Injection. The extraction remains much the same but the stem cells are gleaned from partially extracted follicles and are injected into the scalp using a needle. As such hair is not transplanted but cells are whereas the hair shafts were transplanted in HST to carry the cells with them. Apparently they're claiming that this can be a very effective method for burn victims.

It actually doesn't sound all that different to what Aderans are supposedly at. Sounds interesting.

Comment

• SilverSurfer
              • Oct 2010

Cit

Having Dr Cole perform CIT with donnor regeneration would be incredible news, Hopefully Dr Cole will be able to communicate with Dr Gho and he will tell him what he is doing so as to Dr Cole could start doing it in America.

Comment

• Havok
                • Apr 2011

i doubt dr.cole would be willing to pay to attend one of dr. gho's seminar. you couldn't pay him to attend one of dr. gho's seminar. LOL

Comment

• Havok
                  • Apr 2011

any update on acell? anyone recall when dr. cooley is going to present his research?

Comment

• plopp
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Havok
                    any update on acell? anyone recall when dr. cooley is going to present his research?
                    Should be this week.. hope someone can relay what he says, would be interesting.

Comment

• ejj
                      • Dec 2010

very interesting , be good to hear Dr Bernsteins views also
                      ejj

Comment

• Havok
                        • Apr 2011

what the eff.

Comment

• topcat
                          • May 2009

Yes it is always interesting to read history repeated and continue to watch the cycle. Here is an interesting article, oh wait this is not Acell, nevermind.

Aug 12, 2002 10:00 ET

Innovative Intravenous Drug for Treating Severe Burns in Children Starts
                          Phase II

SEATTLE, Aug. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Each year, thousands of children suffer
                          burn-related accidents, often with long-lasting consequences and
                          disfigurement. Burn injuries constitute one of the greatest hazards of
                          childhood, and infants are at higher risk of death from burns than adults. Currently there are no drugs available to treat severe burns in children. This might change in the coming years. Professor Keppel Hesselink, manager at Gho Pharma BV in the Netherlands, announced at the International Society for Burn Injuries in Seattle, USA, the development of an innovative treatment for severe burn wounds in children. The company plans to request an orphan drug designation, based on the fact that fewer than 200 000 patients annually suffer from severe burns.

The compound, bis(maltolato)oxovanadium (BMOV), an organic vanadium salt, has been studied by the founder of the company, Dr C. Gho, in animal studies using a standardized pig model of burn wounds. When administered intravenously following the burn injury BMOV has been shown to promote wound healing significantly, leading to the formation of thinner, more supple scars with less contraction, and better preservation of hair follicles and sweat glands.

Investigations of the wound healing have shown that vascularization of the wound was better in treated pigs and the development of granulation tissue was less extensive. The re-epithelialization of the wound was also more rapid in BMOV-treated animals. The magnitude of this effect appeared to be dose-related following intravenous bolus injection.

BMOV acts by limiting or preventing the secondary injury which arises as a result of tissue damage caused by the actual burn trauma or primary injury. By administering the compound intravenously, we can ensure that it reaches the target area directly. BMOV has undergone a full animal toxicological testing program using intravenous administration. In a recent human Phase I study in healthy volunteers, there were no drug-related and dose-limiting side-effects at the anticipated effective dose level.

In early 2003 Gho Pharma is planning to start a large pivotal multi-center study of BMOV in children with hot-water burns, in cooperation with some major European Burn Centres. The company is currently contemplating a new finance round to support the pivotal trial program.

Source: Gho Pharma BV

Comment

• ejj
                            • Dec 2010

Well it is almost three years since the doctors in this thread made the claims of acell being beneficial to hair transplant clients.

It would be great to see some results from this procedure, especially the client/from London who I believe had 3k plucked grafts on a virgin scalp. please feel free to post before and after photographs at your convenience

ejj
                            Last edited by Winston; 07-27-2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
                              • Dec 2008

Acell

I have not seen anything from plucking follicles that I feel has been successful or promising yet. That was my original opinion and that opinion has not changed.

By the same regard, we have submitted a paper for publication documenting our experience with Acell as a regenerative device. Briefly, following administration of Acell to minimal depth extraction sites, we are unable to locate a mean of 47% of the extraction sites. In a case study we discovered that 48% of the extraction sites had some follicle regeneration (one or more follicles). In a follow up case study we saw no follicle growth in the control site and a lower regeneration of 24% in a deeper extraction. This supports the notion that stem cells arise from the extraction site as opposed to adjacent follicles as the follow up study was a deeper extraction with the same size punch. I feel that product seepage definitely negatively impacts the regenerative capacity of the Acell Gell we use.

Presently, we are looking at a new product that has much smaller particles and a far greater potential for regeneration. It is derived from human amniotic membrane. Head to head studies against Acell with this product have shown a marked advantage for the amniotic membrane. This is be interesting follow as time progresses.

I was interested in BMOV and I still am, but I have not been able to get Dr. Gho to respond to the interest I expressed. No response what so ever. I have an open door policy. When the door is closed with no line of communication, I am suspect.

Comment

• gillenator
                                • Dec 2008

So the smaller particles may prove to have a better degree of absorption?

Awesome update...
                                "Gillenator"
                                Independent Patient Advocate
                                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...