Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardDawkins
    Inactive
    • Jan 2011

Hi guys had acell and hair plucking 13 nonths ago , didnt really go my way , has anyone been in similar situ any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys ejj

There is the whole thread

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

To Clarify :

I have had 5 prior strip procedures .

December 09 I had the most recent whereby 2000 grafts were taken from 3 strips and grafted to the frontal third of my head .

The donor area where the strips were taken from was treated with acell, to aid healing , there was NO SCAR REVISION the donor area was sutured not stapled .

600 Beard Hairs were plucked from my chin and placed in and around the PRE -EXISTING scar shown in the 3 before pictures . None grew even though they were treated with acell .

The photos show 3 prior, 3 at one week and 3 at 12 months , with 2 added of the lower scar .

Allthough I am a repair patient , I was told this acell treatment is beneficial to repair patients .

The lower scar is approx 10 cms x 2 cms , this is unlike scar tissue as its smooth and flat however to me it is non hair - bare-ing scalp , the picture at 12 months shows hair growing above and below this donor strip , there was no prior scarring in that area .

The 2 nd scar above my left ear is similar , however a lot wider in parts

The 3rd scar above my right ear appears to have healed a lot better than the other 2.

I expected the donor area to be improved , not made worse , Im devastated about the results of the donor area, in particular where the 2 strips ( pictured ) were taken from which have clearly widened .

In my opinion I had one large scar to address when I embarked on my last surgery whereas I now have another 2 to deal with .

If anyone has been in a similar situation it would be interesting to see how you moved forward , revision , fue ,etc

I have on many occassions spoken with my Dr and yes , I have been offered a free revision / procedure , however i dont think that is an option for me at this moment in time .

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ejj

Comment

• KeepHoping
        • Dec 2010

Plucking vs. Transplant

Where are all the results from plucked hair transplants? If there was a high success rate I don't understand why the pictures wouldn't be all over the internet as it would only boost your business. At this point it seems as though going with a smaller transplant procedure seems the way to go along with Acell/PRP needling.

It would seem as though the problem with Acell/PRP is trying to find a way to wound the scalp. The dermaroller covers the most area but it does not get deep enough to really cause any disruption to the follicles so maybe a new device just like a dermaroller but that would pierce the skin a little bit deeper and then applying the Acell/PRP (with the bone marrow stem cells, that should supply the necessary progenitor cells for the hair to regrow) would cause even more regrowth than what has been seen thusfar.

Comment

• rapunzal
          • Jan 2011

i assume the reason why autocloning pictures arent around is because its just too early for "prime time". the moment you start posting results you are effectively adertising the service. there are still many unknowns that need to be resolved and until then you wont see any results from the doctors. the best we can hope for is from patients and i dont think there will be many so far considering the largest is 1500 grafts (upto last October) and remember very few people overall post photos.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
            Inactive
            • Jan 2011

I predict last quarter of 2011 we will see more good photos.

I think this wasnt aboz 1500 Grafts, it was about 1500 plcuked hairs but guys correct me if iam wrong here

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

Plans

I am thinning diffusely in a MPB progression so at this point my options are pretty limited. I was thinking about getting a procedure done to fill in the temples and thicken the hairline up and use Hitzig's needling PRP/Acell procedure to hopefully thicken up the rest enough to pass, I want to get something done to hold me over until Histogen or Aderans release a product. And I feel like 1000 grafts to the front along with the PRP/Acell would do enough... Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                Inactive
                • Jan 2011

Iam actually waiting another year until the stemcell results are in. Because if they are better i had paid money for nothing :-)

Comment

• mkamph
                  • Dec 2008

hey rapunzel,

i met with dr cooley about the plucking/acell procedure on the 13th of january. during that week he had done a total of 5 procedures - he used the plucking/acell technique for all 5 procedures and his largest case was 4,000 grafts on a dude from london. i talked with him about price and he said that it's going to double here pretty soon. it also sounded like it was becoming a stand alone procedure. everything he said led me to beleive he's very confident with his technique. given his rep, i would say this sond like great news.....but it sure would be nice to see some more pics on here.

Comment

• HairRobinHood
                    Inactive
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mkamph
                    hey rapunzel,

i met with dr cooley about the plucking/acell procedure on the 13th of january. during that week he had done a total of 5 procedures - he used the plucking/acell technique for all 5 procedures and his largest case was 4,000 grafts on a dude from london. i talked with him about price and he said that it's going to double here pretty soon. it also sounded like it was becoming a stand alone procedure. everything he said led me to beleive he's very confident with his technique. given his rep, i would say this sond like great news.....but it sure would be nice to see some more pics on here.
                    Nice to hear that. He will need each and every earned Cent soon.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                      • Dec 2010

Doctors, please put up the pictures...

If this is working so well and there is so much confidence in it's success then I don't see why it would be a problem to put pictures up on the internet. I would like to see plucked hair procedures and the transplants done with Acell/PRP needling along with regular grafts dipped in Acell to see the robust and speedy growth that the doctors are observing. I mean this with all due respect to Cooley, Hitzig and anyone else working with Acell, I'm just interested in seeing some results.

Comment

• rapunzal
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mkamph
                        hey rapunzel,

4000 grafts, thats more than double the October 2010 maxiumum. seems like things are moving quicker than i thought ... including the price. did they say how many days it took to do London4000 ?

Comment

• mkamph
                          • Dec 2008

one day, but they were there til 7pm....maybe longer.

Comment

• rapunzal
                            • Jan 2011

that is a lot of hairs to pluck in a day. if you assume conservatively that the average graft is 2.0, that means 8000 hairs. if its a 12 hour day its about 10 hairs a minute which is very impressive.
                            seems like someone should consider inventing a NeoPlucker

Comment

• mkamph
                              • Dec 2008

yeah, he's got his own plucking technique that i didn't dig into. i really hope this turns out well. i wouldn't think cooley would lie. he seemed like a straight up guy and his recent post on this forum made total sense.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                                Inactive
                                • Jan 2011

Thats simple he is a Gho Shill and also is he happy about a ongoing or not "Lawsuit" where Dr Gho is sueing people who use their Acell/Plucking technique on patients because of

"Copyright Infringement"

You know Copyright, because Gho produced Millions of Lucky People with his HST Crap. Isnīt that great, even if it (Acell and plucking) will works perfectly we have to depent on Gho.

Thats the Gho IronMan aka HairRobinHood is promoting everywhere, THE Gho who has no patients talking about their success at message boards, the Gho whose employees are self not really aware of the success rate.

As IronMan postet at HS, Gho has been preparing his Act since 2000. Well and guess what from Ghos side we DONT got a cure.

But on the other hand Hitzig and Cooley came up with something.

And another thing, did Gho actually talked about progenitor cells in the past?

Another funny thing is, that we see IronMan not that ****y anymore. Well you see HairRobinHood aka IronMan, now you realize that you are not better then anyone and we all are in the same boat.

And its so funny that Gho cant provide anything but at Lawsuits he is he first in line.

Comment

Working...