X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Lindsey app 5000 grafts in 2 cases at 16 months

This fellow is a character. He is an acquaintance of a couple of our techs who came in with class 7 hairloss and a very large head. His donor hair is thin and somewhat sparse. Combine that with a true inability to set still after about 4 hours and you have a difficult surgery. PLUS, he is a chronic green tea drinker, and hence an oozer.

Shown are preop pics and intraop pics from an approximately 2700 graft case. As it turned out, he got up and left before all of his grafts were placed due to anxiety even after 3 valium pills. The only time we've had a case like that. I think we ended up with 300 grafts that we couldn't place at all. Then, he kept his head shaved for 6 months until we did a second case of around 2400 grafts. He again kept his head shaved until all the grafts started to grow in. I suspect he may have shaved out a few, but he has a nice result given his very thin donor hair and his very large area of scalp needing coverage.

He stops by the office about once a month and says now he's on the market for a 4th wife.

He's 16 months out from the first, and 10 months out from the second case. We'll get more pics in a few months to compare.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • Gandolf
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Lindsey

He stops by the office about once a month and says now he's on the market for a 4th wife.
    LOL too funny.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
      • May 2011

This guy sounds a riot. Anxiety after 3 valium! Whoa.

Comment

• Gandolf
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Lindsey
        PLUS, he is a chronic green tea drinker, and hence an oozer.
        Can this comment be explained? Is this some type of effect from caffeine? I.e. extra bleeding? Should I cut back the caffeine prior to a procedure?

Comment

• teg_101
          • Dec 2009

Is the patient planning on going in for an additional op to have some crown coverage?

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Dec 2008

All I know is he DID get married again and he called asking for botox.... Its been several months since I saw him but he'll be buy this spring, I'd bet on it. There is no telling what his plans will include next.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
            William Lindsey, MD
            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...