X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Footymad
    • Oct 2010

Hairs on My Pillow

Hi All

How many hairs found on your pillow in a morning is classed as normal loss or should there be no hairs found on your pillow in a morning?

Thanks in advance.
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

A few hairs on the pillow in the morning would be considered quite normal. Large clumpes of hair would be more than normal. If you visit a hair restoration physician they should be able to perform a few non invasive tests to determine if you are having excessive hair shedding. Remember every day we lose few hairs and hopefully gain a few others.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• dgman21
      • Sep 2010

I'm finding at least 20 hairs...

Comment

• Footymad
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
        A few hairs on the pillow in the morning would be considered quite normal. Large clumpes of hair would be more than normal. If you visit a hair restoration physician they should be able to perform a few non invasive tests to determine if you are having excessive hair shedding. Remember every day we lose few hairs and hopefully gain a few others.
        I am finding between 20-30 each morning, is this normal or excessive?

Thank you

Comment

• DAVE52
          • Sep 2010

The fact tht you are finding hair on your pillow means you still have it

Wait until you find NO hair on your pillow

Comment

• dgman21
            • Sep 2010

I don't like using a white pillow case for this reason..I have to use a darker pillow case so i can't see the hairs that much. I hate hotels for this reason and traveling when i used to like it......

Comment

Working...