+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 465 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Personally I can't believe this thread has been around for so long, I imagine that the guys that keep feeding it must be very anxious to see results.So by any chance has someone documented with pictures their progress? if there has been any...
    So long???

Were not even at the minimum results period?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    So long???

Were not even at the minimum results period?
    I guess he meant compared to other threads. But I know what you mean

As an aside to remind myself of the timescale personally-I quit heavy smoking on Sunday.
    I've read a lot about how this can **** up circulation to follicles depriving them of bloodflow and nutrients.

I need to give myself a fighting chance.

Surfer- Check the TRX2 Results thread, it's early, but I keep track of my progress there.

Jcm- Dude, hate to break it to you, but smoking doesn't make that big a difference. My brother smokes like a ****ing chimney and he's a perfect NW1 at 28, a goddamn werewolf. I don't smoke, I excercise and eat healthy but am fighting baldness tooth and nail. It's in our goddamn genes which makes it so much harder. If you are predisposed to lose hair AND are a heavy smoker you could potentially accelerate the loss, but no such fact has been proven.

So, don't deprive yourself of the pleasure. It doesn't really make a difference in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    Surfer- Check the TRX2 Results thread, it's early, but I keep track of my progress there.

Jcm- Dude, hate to break it to you, but smoking doesn't make that big a difference. My brother smokes like a ****ing chimney and he's a perfect NW1 at 28, a goddamn werewolf. I don't smoke, I excercise and eat healthy but am fighting baldness tooth and nail. It's in our goddamn genes which makes it so much harder. If you are predisposed to lose hair AND are a heavy smoker you could potentially accelerate the loss, but no such fact has been proven.

So, don't deprive yourself of the pleasure. It doesn't really make a difference in the long term.
    Yeah it was a pleasure, but a dirty stinking pleasure.

I'm quitting for my health, whether it helps my hairloss remains to be seen but I'm happy to go down this road.

Tho I dare say once I'm faced with my Jason Statham change over I'll fkn get back on them lol.

And hairy brothers eh? I have an older brother that has a hairline that would make action man proud.

Genes suck hairy arse big time.

I think that statistically if you go bald it's more likely that your brother will too. That said, my younger brother has no signs of baldness yet and my older brother is nowhere near as bad as me.

Bloody genes eh? That's what makes this fight so damn hard. I don't think there's a genetic disease in the world that has been fixed or is close to being fixed, the only thing we can do is treat the symptoms.

I don't think he will, hes 45 and showing no signs of it.
    My dad had a full head of hair too.
    I got the shit end of the stick somehow.
    Up until 5 Years ago I had an amount of hair that Teenwolf would envy, doesn't make sense, sigh.

Jcm - you should be a bit more philosophical... you've had a good run with your hair and by all accounts you still have a boatload left. I began losing hair at 15 and many others here also have. For us, you are exactly a werewolf. And talk about genes - none of my brothers have receded an inch and my dad is only now starting to thin out ... at age 75 ....Are you sure you will even advance beyond a NW2? Many of us would give anything to be in your shoes.

But I dont mean to belittle your pain - I totally understand it. But also be thankful that: it has hit you relatively late in life, you are taking action at an early stage AND ... maybe some of these meds and procedures in the pipeline over the next "5 years" will actually work.

chin up man!

Quote Originally Posted by DallasTreado View Post
    Jcm - you should be a bit more philosophical... you've had a good run with your hair and by all accounts you still have a boatload left. I began losing hair at 15 and many others here also have. For us, you are exactly a werewolf. And talk about genes - none of my brothers have receded an inch and my dad is only now starting to thin out ... at age 75 ....Are you sure you will even advance beyond a NW2? Many of us would give anything to be in your shoes.

But I dont mean to belittle your pain - I totally understand it. But also be thankful that: it has hit you relatively late in life, you are taking action at an early stage AND ... maybe some of these meds and procedures in the pipeline over the next "5 years" will actually work.

chin up man!
    Hey it's cool, I do appreciate what I have, and my loss had started at least to become noticeable later in life. I do read about young guys losing their hair and feel for them very much.

But at whatever age one is at, the pain and frustration is ageless, seeing it manifest. but for younger guys it must be a really fkn hard and I feel for them.

Thanks all the same, let's hope we all get relieved of the grief one day soon
    Last edited by Jcm800; 03-30-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: iPhone error

Yeah, you are right - it probably started much sooner than you think. But at least all tools are available to you and hopefully many more to come. This site will probably charter planes to go to Asia for the first treatments of HSC

Now I dont worry so much anymore for myself. More worried about my boys ... one is also thinning at 16 (shit!!!). Watching it all over again brings the pain back with a fury.