Threaded View

Jooder, there is no doubt that "Fixed" has contradicted himself more than once. First, he said that hair is not necessary for a person to look good, and then he said that all bald men are ugly. Then, he said that life was just bearable with hair, but then he said that he would be happy and all would be great with hair. Then, he said there are no bald men who are successful out of the sports arena;however, that is false. Steve Ballmer became the CEO of Microsoft as a full Norwood, and he doesn't shave his head. Ben Bernanke is the head of the U.S. Treasury and he is a full Norwood;and no, he doesn't shave his head. There are around a dozen U.S. Governors who are bald, not to mention senators and reps. Of course, there are many more examples which he clearly doesn't want to acknowledge. One of his points is valid:no actor in Hollywood became successful as a bald 20 year old, and no one ever will.

Steve Austin is not a good example because, in my opinion he is a juicehead. That isn't my opinion just because of his ex-wife's allegations. Furthemore, pro wrestling is a circus show which does not pertain to reality.

Actually, the chemo reference seems valid to me. Many guys who shave their heads look sick even though they have eyebrows;however, some can pull it off. There are people who are undergoing chemotherapy who get fake eyebrows but that doesn't do much to help. I just don't think it is accurate for people to say that ALL bald guys look horrible because it's not true.

I don't think that "Fixed" trying to impose his viewpoints on young bald guys and ridicule them is healthy because many come here for support. On the other hand, some guys try to bully balding men into shaving their heads in order to follow a machismo trend. In the 1980's, a guy would have been considered a skinhead or freak for shaving his head, but now it's a trend. When I began balding around 1992-93, I buzzed my head and went to high school like that. I was ridiculed and mocked for it;however, now it's more acceptable.

Seeing as we are supposed to have hair on our heads, shaving makes me feel sick. I am too pale to shave and that's why I need some stubble on my head;furthermore, I will not shave my head in order to surrender. Nature has taken it's course and I will not allow my MPB to force me to shave to deny the damage.