My Finasteride Journey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthet
    • Nov 2018

Hey @DJR71. Interesting because I have been on fin for about a month now too! I too figured that if I don't quit now, after experiencing my first onslaught of sides, things will only get worse from here. So yes, for now I have stopped taking the pills. Indefinitely however? It's hard to say. Right now I really don't know what I wanna do about my hair loss. Just sick of thinking about it tbh. I wish I could be like all the other 21 year old lads who don't have to deal with hairloss at all, but here I am I guess. I just need a break from it all and see where I am at in a few days or weeks. Thank you for sharing your experience, I too am going to continue using Minoxidil because it's relatively inexpensive and why not? But yeah. At least my libido wasn't affected or that I didn't have to deal with depression. So I guess there are some positives after all.

Comment

• DJR71
      • Dec 2018

I have 2 brothers that dealt with hair loss in their early twenties. Mine started in my mid to late thirties and it was really rough! I can’t imagine dealing with it at your age. I’ll give you the up side to balding early. If you do choose to shave it at some point you will develop your style around it from the beginning. My 31 yo brother that shaved in twenties does very well with the ladies.

Comment

• beyondthet
        • Nov 2018

@DJR71 Yeah, it's tough especially when people look at you and assume you're in your late 20s or 30s good grief. Such remarks can leave a mental stain on people. Thankfully, I don't allow it to get to me much. Although, I know it is effecting my chances with the ladies, but that's why I'm here trying to do something about it, being positive and not giving up! Let's see what the cards hold for me.

Comment

• beyondthet
          • Nov 2018

So it has been a few days since I have been off fin. Aches have completely went away. Watery sperm? I am not too sure. My libido has not been the best recently, which I don't really attribute to fin but rather my lack of recovery from the gym. I have been having a pretty tough time in there recently. But yeah, this probably marks the end of my Finasteride journey. In a way I am kind of sad that this journey was short-lived but I have to look after my overall health first before anything. All in all, I don't suspect that the sides would have become really, really bad, like up to the point of infertility, which I don't deny may be true for some people but I doubt most people would ever experience anything like that from fin, as there are a ton of drugs out there way more potent than 1mg of Finasteride per day. However, for me it was simply a question of whether the rewards outweigh the risks and for me I simply couldn't justify dealing with sides just to maintain my already thinning hair. Now, if you are a young lad who is dealing with thinning or hairloss at the crown or a specific area of your head but your hair everywhere else is generally thick and okay, then I would suggest giving fin at least a try and then consider whether the rewards outweigh the risks for you personally, then it's up to you if you feel like you want to continue. Surely positive results would be a good enough reason to continue if the sides aren't bothersome too much. However, speaking for myself, at this point I don't want to go through all the hassle with sides just to maintain my thinning hair. I rather just have thinning hair, than both sides and thinning hair if that makes sense.

Well now, I guess I'm back to square one with no solution for my hairloss, great. What I can really take away from this whole Finasteride experience is that we live and we learn, and sometimes we try things and they don't work out. I just don't believe Finasteride was the answer for my hairloss. Although, I have no issues with anyone who has found success in Finasteride. Everyone's battle with hairloss is different and I respect all the different approaches people take to combat it, because it sure isn't an easy task. I am yet to find my own solution. That's all.

Cheerio everyone, and oh yeah, I will still be lingering around here and there on the forum. This is the end of the Finasteride experience but not the end of my stay on the forum. Just thought I would clarify that.

Comment

Working...