Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacarroll4
    • Jun 2010

No Baldness at all in family line

I am 55 years old. I noticed my hair thinning back in 1999. Before this I used to blow dry my hair every day for 10 years, sometimes getting my scalp very hot. In 2000, I went to a regular beauty shop and had them straighten my hair with chemical straightener,( I geuss thats what it was). He applied it then left. It started to burn instantly and after 5 minutes I was screaming to get this stuff off me. Needless to say I suffered second degree burns on scalp and face. would any of this attribute to my hair loss which has been Very very slow? I have been on propecia for three years and it has slowed way down but does continue a little. I am going to have a transplant but am just curious why am I losing hair and no one else in entire family going back 200 years. Thanks for reply
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

If you had a bad chemical burn this could most definitely damage your hair follicles. A good hair transplant surgeon can tell the difference between male pattern baldness and damaged hair follicles. You should have yourself checked out.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

If you could post a few photos of your hair loss pattern it would be very helpful. You do not need to show your face in these photos. Is the hair loss only in the areas where the chemical burns occured?
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...