Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Nizoral can help with dandruff, but use sparingly.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• postvb
      • Jun 2010

Post hair loss after transplant

I'm completing 5 months of HT and still have my existing natural hair falling. Is it part of the 'Shockloss" after the post ops. At the same time I can see the transplanted hair growing and that is very encouraging. But on the other side I'm worried what if the existing natural hair does not grow. Should I be concerned? And, what else can I do?

Thanks / Vb

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

If you hair is still fallking out it could be due to the ongoing effect of DHT attacking it.

Are you on meds to help prevent further loss ie Propecia, Proscar?

Regards
        Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• chasguy
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ColdSkull
          I'm 7 weeks out and starting to get antsy myself...when you pay a lot of money for a car, you want to drive it immed. I'm still stuck riding the train.

I'm not obsessive with the mirror, but at this point, the only thing different about my head is the scar, a fact that is annoying.

Not much else to do but hurry up and wait.
          Imagine what it feels like to pay for a top end Ferrari and wait a year or more for delivery

p.s., this isn't something I've personally experienced. something I'd like to though

Comment

• postvb
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Spex
            If you hair is still fallking out it could be due to the ongoing effect of DHT attacking it.

Are you on meds to help prevent further loss ie Propecia, Proscar?

Regards
            Spex
            Hi Spex, thanks for getting back to me. I'm NOT on any medications and only take multi-vitamins. What is DHT mean?? Should I visit the clinic again?? Suggestions please??

Thanks / Vb

Comment

• dgman21
              • Sep 2010

Can you guys tell me how many grafts you had transplanted and what type of hairloss you had? That would really benefit me as I'm considering the surgery(600-2200 grafts)Thanks!

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

Thats a range mate...

You got any pics for us to help? Possibly make ur own topic and gain feedback.

Regards
                Spex

Comment

• dgman21
                  • Sep 2010

Please check my post

My hair in the front looks really bad and on the top is diffuse thinning. I am gonna have a virtual consult with Dr Bauman tomorrow to see if I am a good candidate for HT surgery. What do ya'll think?

Comment

• gillenator
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by postvb
                    Hi Spex, thanks for getting back to me. I'm NOT on any medications and only take multi-vitamins. What is DHT mean?? Should I visit the clinic again?? Suggestions please??

Thanks / Vb

postvb,

Really do some reserach on Propecia which is finasteride at 1 mg daily. Propecia is very effective in a high percent of men to greatly slow down the progression of hairloss due to MPB. IMHO, it is still the most effective hairloss med. The bottom line is that if you have any natural hair left subject to future loss, finasteride is the most effective way to save it.

DHT is the metabolite of the male hormone testosterone and attaches to many of our hair follicles and eventually destroys them. That's to those of us who have MPB and can include some women. Women however cannot take or even handle Propecia, only men.

At this point, you would do well by continuing your online research. Try doing a topical study as well on subjects relating to hairloss. The more knowledge you gain, the more you will know and understand your own situation and what questions to ask in the consultation.
                    "Gillenator"
                    Independent Patient Advocate
                    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

Bump due to a few guys in need of this i have recently spoken with who i know read the board.

Comment

• Spex
                        Dr Representative
                        • Nov 2008

Topic bump as vital info to many at the moment.
                        Regards
                        Spex
                        A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!

Comment

Working...