Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Governator5000
    • Nov 2017

Early stages of balding?

I was wondering if this looked like a call to start using rogaine. I am 27, but when I was 21, I fell and hit my head (on my crown) when I slipped on some ice. It left a bunch of scabs on my head (no scarring that I know of). So not sure if it just looks thin due to that, or my age catching up to me.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

Looks like a thinning crown, what does the hairline look like?

Comment

• Governator5000
      • Nov 2017

Nothing too bad I wouldnt expect. Hair is turning reddish blonde at hairline (weaker hair, less pigment?) But my dad was SUPER irish, and mother was SUPER british. All grandfathers retained their hair with minimal balding, both father, and all men on mothers side also dont have a problem with significant balding. And sorry it took so long. Phone was being difficult and wouldn't allow me to delete the metadata on the photos. All good now.
      Attached Files

Comment

• mrclean
        • Jan 2017

Did you take the pictures with a flash?... if so back looks normal to me.

Comment

• Governator5000
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by mrclean
          Did you take the pictures with a flash?... if so back looks normal to me.
          No, I sadly dont have a camera with flash at the moment due to some... Er, let's just say bizarre turn of events, and a need of a new phone XD. With flash it is fairly noticeable. I also verified this with a nurse. He didn't know much other than my back of my head is noticeably balder, simply coming with age. When I run my fingers across it, I feel a lot of very short, coarse hairs, and maybe some longer and almost negligibly thinner hairs (based on touch).

Would using rogaine as precaution be a poor idea (acknowledging it's commitment)? Thanks for your time, it's appreciated.

Comment

• Governator5000
            • Nov 2017

Actually, I'd like to amend my statement a little here. It actually all feels dense and curly. Just laid VERY flat in a larger oval pattern.

Comment

• mrclean
              • Jan 2017

I have been using rogaine for over 20 years. I would definitely start with rogaine since its works best for your condition, I buy the equate liquid at Walmart...very good quality and cheap.

Comment

• Governator5000
                • Nov 2017

I have been using rogaine for over 20 years. I would definitely start with rogaine since its works best for your condition, I buy the equate liquid at Walmart...very good quality and cheap.
                Would you recommend I use it conjunction with any other products? I heard rogaine can cause dry scalp. And my curly hair already gives me a natural disposition to it.

Sorry, guess I never cared too much about my hair until my age started showing up at the door. I figured take everyones advice, and deal with it now.

Comment

• BaldBearded
                  • Jan 2017

I see thinning on the top, and at the hairline as well.

Comment

• Governator5000
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by BaldBearded
                    I see thinning on the top, and at the hairline as well.
                    I dont know if it matters, but I did sweep my hair back and up with my hand just before the photo.

Comment

• mrclean
                      • Jan 2017

I would try the rogaine for now and see what kind of results you get. I don't like trying multiple new products at once because you can't figure out if one is working and the other isn't.

Comment

• Governator5000
                        • Nov 2017

I would try the rogaine for now and see what kind of results you get. I don't like trying multiple new products at once because you can't figure out if one is working and the other isn't.
                        Ah, makes sense. Well, all I need is minoxidil 5% right? So it doesn't necessarily have to be a shampoo, or the few brands mention prior ITT?

P.S. Thank you everyone! Your time and patience with helping me get on top of this is immensly appreciated. I'm going to take everyones advice and get over the denial now as well (in all the other threads Ive browsed). At least I got lucky and caught it eraly before it became abvious.

Comment

• BaldBearded
                          • Jan 2017

Thinning is thinning...

Comment

• mrclean
                            • Jan 2017

Yes 5 percent rogaine NOT shampoo.

Comment

Working...