Threaded View

playsound Hello everyone..

Hello everyone..

I am a 16 year old boy, and this is my story.. For about a year now, I have been losing my hair.. I used to have really long hair, and I loved it.. But then my girlfriend kept pressuring me into cutting it, me being the stupid one, I did. Several weeks later, she left me.. Then I started to notice that I had a receding hairline. I didn't think I was losing my hair, I thought it was fine.. But then as I started to grow my hair back out, I noticed that my recession was just getting worse.. Then I started to notice my crown starting to bald.. I started looking up ways to fix it, ways to reverse it. I went to my Doctor, and he said to see a dermatologist. So I went to a dermatologist office, and all they did was give me hair stimulant injections for six months, once a month. I went through all of that pain, for nothing. It did not grow my hair back. So I went to see a endocrinologist, but he didn't know what exactly was going on either. Every single day, I dedicated it to finding a cure. But found nothing.. I discovered Hair Restoration on the internet, and went to a hair restoration company.. The lady at the consultation felt bad for me, so she sent me to see a surgeon.. Once I saw him, all he did was prescribe me Propecia, and tell me that my donor area was outstanding (really good). But I couldn't fill it because they said I had to be 18.. I bought a very expensive wig to cover it up, but it makes me feel faker than ever when I wear it.. I can't do the activities I wish to do with it on either, or it will just fall off.. I cry a lot because of it.. I don't go outside anymore because of it.. And it hurts so much emotionally because of my age.. Some nights, I even cry myself to sleep because of it.. Today I bought Rogaine foam, and a box of multi-vitamins.. It's the only thing I can do now that no Doctor will give me any answers, and every hair restoration company I call doesn't take me seriously because of my age, and wont even give me a chance to explain.. :.( It's so horrible.. So Devastating.. So heart breaking.. I feel like I can never be social again.. Every time I'm out, I just want to go home so no-one can see me.. My friends still go out and do stuff together, but I don't have the self-esteem to go outside anymore.. Sometimes I even look at old pictures of myself and cry hysterically, wishing I had that full head of hair again.. I'm not even in College yet.. And I'm going bald :.( I always think to myself, "why me? Why this young? What did I do to deserve this?" and I always have dreams at night, that I either have my hair back, and I'm out doing the things I want to do, and having fun; or I got hair restoration, and I have my hair back again.. Ever since I started losing my hair, my whole world turned black and white.. I feel so alone, and so exposed when I'm outside.. I always have to worry about which way the winds blowing, and to make sure not to get my hair wet, or sweat, because then I look even worse.. I've become so insecure, and I just want my hair back, so I can take a deep breath, and let it out.. For once to finally smile again, to feel alive, to be able to have a social life again.. This is by far the hardest thing I know I will ever have to go through in my entire life.. I just want this nightmare to end :.( I just want to wake up from this horrible nightmare, and look in the mirror, and make a huge sigh, then say to myself "Thank God that was just a horrible nightmare".. But it's reality, and I can't take it anymore.. I wish someone could help me.. I wish someone could fix this, and make it go away :.( I don't care what the consequences are, I would literally do anything to get my hair back.. Some people say "get over it" or "shave it off and move on" but it's not that simple.. It's harder than anyone can think. If I was in my late 40's or something, already married, had my career, and already lived my life as a kid, I probably wouldn't care at all if I was losing my hair. But not at 16.. :.( My self-esteem has hit rock bottom, and the emotional damage this has caused me is unbearable.. I always read up on hair transplants, and hair follicle cloning, and the lucky people that were able to get hair transplants.. I'm currently home-schooled, on an online school due to having Insomnia, and I'm going to be graduating soon. I have an A average and I am going to be going to college this year.. I want to be able to go to college with confidence, with a good self-esteem.. I want to be able to meet people, and look the way I feel.. I just want this to end.. I've been so depressed over my hair loss ever since it started.. It feels like it's been going on forever, and I want my life back.. I'm a nice person, I've never hurt anyone, I've never done drugs.. What did I do to deserve a fate of baldness this young?.. :.( I just want this to end.. I'm crying as I'm writing this.. Because I can't take this anymore.. I just want it to stop.. I pray to God that there is a miracle out there that will end this nightmare soon.. :.(

(Please, if you're going to say something mean, don't..)