Threaded View

playsound Looking for advice on hair loss, 30 yr old male

I'm a 30 year old male and I've been steadily going bald on top since my early 20's. My father and 3 older brothers all have full heads of hair and I think my grandfather kept his hair too.

I have what can be desribed as a birdsnest shaped bald patch in the middle of my head, getting bigger all the time. The hair on the back and sides of my head is still quite thick, and well i'm not sure about the front (see pics).

It has never really bothered me before but it is becoming more and more noticable and is becoming an embarressment. At this point i'm either going to shave it all off and keep it tight (when ironically it is less noticable), or I'm going to try a couple of treatments.

I've heard of propecia for preventing further loss, and Provillus for restoring hair. I'd really appreciate some experienced advice on 1: The extent of my baldness (when i see it in mirrors it actually looks a lot worse than these photos), 2: The treatments available and recommended steps.

Many thanks in advance