Are these hairstyles possible with a FUE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeswick
    • Apr 2012

Are these hairstyles possible with a FUE?

I am a norwood 4, I was wondering if these types of hairstyles would be possible with a FUE. Let me know
    Attached Files
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mikeswick
    I am a norwood 4, I was wondering if these types of hairstyles would be possible with a FUE. Let me know
    When asking about the hairstyle are you including the approximate hairlines pictured as well?

A Norwood 4 at eighteen and a Norwood 4 at forty will usually look quite different when they reach fifty. What is your family history of hair loss? What is your age?

To pull off a very short haircut, you should only consider a doctor experienced with a .85 punch or smaller who also has a low transection rate. I would opt for ACell and PRP during and after the surgery. Men concerned with the possibility of hypopigmented extraction sites should first do a small shaved session to evaluate the healing.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, Georgia United States
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

I think it depends on your donor and if you are planning to take hair loss meds to stabilize hair loss. I was NW4 and got a "decent" hairline with 3000 grafts FUE, but I am only 14 days post op so we'll see how the end results look. I may go back next year to bring the hairline down slightly.

A NW4 would need around 4000-4500 to pull off those hairlines, with the temple corner restoration and all around thick dense cover. Like I said, stabilizing hair loss with meds would help you realize your goals even more.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

After carefully looking at the hairlines again, I think some of those are too low and expecting a HT to get you those kinds of hairlines is not realistic. You would be surprised what a decent hairline with thick hair would do for a NW4. In about 2 HT's you would be 100% satisfied with your hairline I think. I am 85% satisfied with my hairline, only because I see my before pics and all of a sudden become grateful of my new hairline

Comment

• Dav7
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          I think it depends on your donor and if you are planning to take hair loss meds to stabilize hair loss. I was NW4 and got a "decent" hairline with 3000 grafts FUE, but I am only 14 days post op so we'll see how the end results look. I may go back next year to bring the hairline down slightly.

A NW4 would need around 4000-4500 to pull off those hairlines, with the temple corner restoration and all around thick dense cover. Like I said, stabilizing hair loss with meds would help you realize your goals even more.
          4000 - 4500 grafts overall, or just on the hairline?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dav7
            4000 - 4500 grafts overall, or just on the hairline?
            Overall, entire head. Lol 4000-4500 on hairline would be insane.

Comment

Working...