Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mribby1
    • Jun 2013

10 Months on Finasteride

I've been a somewhat regular poster. I've been on 1.25mg of fin for 10 months now and have had the greatest results. I don't have any before photos i had a phone stolen so lost the before photos of my hairline with my hair pulled back. But here are what i look like now. I was a nw2 with a tiny bit of diffuse now i'm approaching a nw1.5 the mature hairline territory. I'm completely happy with my hair. There is some miniaturization at the front of my hairline which i'm hoping to reverse. I'm not a balding guy anymore. I know i shouldn't be on the forum with the amount of hair i have now but i just want to show off my progress on fin that i had. Its just filled in my temples and thickened up things. Don't blast me guys. Btw no i haven't had any side effects.
  • goldbondmafia
    • Oct 2011

are those before or after pics or what?

Comment

• Mribby1
      • Jun 2013

These are after.

Comment

• LMS
        • Dec 2012

Damn, makes me almost want to try an 5ar inhibitor again.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Sucks you got your phone ripped off. It would have been nice to compare before pics. But I can tell you have indeed lost some hair. Hair does look good though. Keep it up.

Comment

• Mribby1
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
            Sucks you got your phone ripped off. It would have been nice to compare before pics. But I can tell you have indeed lost some hair. Hair does look good though. Keep it up.
            Thank you sir. Hoping to just mantain what I have and hopefully get rid of that stubborn miniaturisation at the front. Any more regrowth really is a plus. My hair loss wasnt too extensive just a nw2 and I began to see some further miniaturisation so I thought I'm going to recede further so it's now or never. What a good decisione that turned out to be.

Comment

• Mribby1
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by LMS
              Damn, makes me almost want to try an 5ar inhibitor again.
              I'm in bedd with finasteride. Greatest drug ever!

Comment

• Randomb
                • Jun 2013

U got hair like a pregnant woman haha glad I started propecia today

Comment

• Mribby1
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Randomb
                  U got hair like a pregnant woman haha glad I started propecia today
                  Eugh retract your statement sir I for sure have hair like a non pregnant woman...

Comment

• Dav7
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Mribby1
                    I've been a somewhat regular poster. I've been on 1.25mg of fin for 10 months now and have had the greatest results. I don't have any before photos i had a phone stolen so lost the before photos of my hairline with my hair pulled back. But here are what i look like now. I was a nw2 with a tiny bit of diffuse now i'm approaching a nw1.5 the mature hairline territory. I'm completely happy with my hair. There is some miniaturization at the front of my hairline which i'm hoping to reverse. I'm not a balding guy anymore. I know i shouldn't be on the forum with the amount of hair i have now but i just want to show off my progress on fin that i had. Its just filled in my temples and thickened up things. Don't blast me guys. Btw no i haven't had any side effects.
                    What are you talking about, NW2 is considered to be a mature hairline isn't it?

Comment

• redy
                      • Jun 2013

what type do you use?

generic?
                      ordered online?
                      Proscar?

Comment

• Mribby1
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Dav7
                        What are you talking about, NW2 is considered to be a mature hairline isn't it?
                        I know what you mean but once you see that there is extended miniaturisation on an solid nw2. It was time to do something I wasn't going to wait till I was a full blown nw3 then hop on treatment. Understand?

Comment

• Mribby1
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by redy
                          what type do you use?

generic?
                          ordered online?
                          Proscar?
                          I'm using 5mg generic proscar. Cut it into 1/4 Spex put me in touch with a dr who sells the stuff at a reasonable price. 189 pounds for a 14 months supply.

Comment

• redy
                            • Jun 2013

I'm debating switching to the name brand proscar from the generic version I get from pharmacy on prescription... not sure if it's worth it or not, but I'm 9 months through now haven't really experienced that much of a difference. I did just go through a massive 2-3month shed that seems to be "finished" now, though. Not sure the payment difference either, as I pay about 4$ for a month of 1.25mg a day currently. It's Dr. Reddy's.

Comment

• Mribby1
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by redy
                              I'm debating switching to the name brand proscar from the generic version I get from pharmacy on prescription... not sure if it's worth it or not, but I'm 9 months through now haven't really experienced that much of a difference. I did just go through a massive 2-3month shed that seems to be "finished" now, though. Not sure the payment difference either, as I pay about 4$ for a month of 1.25mg a day currently. It's Dr. Reddy's.
                              Stick with it. I doubt switching to a generic will do anything for you. You'll probably just go through another shed. You're still early in remember fin regrowth is a plus maintenance is what most people get on while on fin

Comment

Working...