Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mribby1
    • Jun 2013

Being bald or having no hair?

I understand this might be confusing but I keep seeing hair loss sufferers claiming that they want a full heaf of hair then they'd just buzz it down. Never really understood this concept. Maybe I'm being narrow minded but I'm a person who likes long luscious locks of hair and to me buzzing it down its just a bit of a waste. And are all these guys chatting bullshit that they'd grow their hair out if they could. Also maybe it's my narrow mindedness but this is why I have never understood scalp tattoos you look like you can grow a full head of hair but still you have no hair. Save your money and be bald with no hair rather than bald with hair...
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

If I had a full head of hair, I would grow it out. I wouldn't have it long like an 80's rock star, but I would at least have a current hair style. I and not slick bald, but buzz my head because it is not worth it to grow it out.

Comment

• Mribby1
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
      If I had a full head of hair, I would grow it out. I wouldn't have it long like an 80's rock star, but I would at least have a current hair style. I and not slick bald, but buzz my head because it is not worth it to grow it out.
      That's reasonable I think once you're nw3 I think think buzzing it down is the way to go if you're not going to fight it

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

I'm fighting it. Just haven't grown enough hair back at the moment.

Comment

• Mribby1
          • Jun 2013

I'm fighting it. Just haven't grown enough hair back at the moment.
          Keep fighting it I'm no longer balding because I caught it early and I really believe I'll have my juvenile hairline back in a year or so started off at a nw2. Quick question I see you on the forum a lot how often you on the site sir?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mribby1
            Keep fighting it I'm no longer balding because I caught it early and I really believe I'll have my juvenile hairline back in a year or so started off at a nw2. Quick question I see you on the forum a lot how often you on the site sir?
            Good to see you having success, and yes I will keep fighting on.

I am actually on the site pretty often. Mostly when I am at work though. I have a job where I am sort of "on call" so I have a lot of idle time. I usually log in to see what is going on and if I want to chime in then I do. I am not exclusively on this site though if that is what you are asking. It doesn't keep me from living life and going out or anything. It's just cool to talk to people that actually get it.

Comment

• Morbo
              • Jan 2012

Generally taken, growing out your hair when it's already heavily thinning makes you look old, unclean and insecure. It's not worth the hassle. Past a certain stage you're better off buzzing.

Comment

• Mribby1
                • Jun 2013

Good to see you having success, and yes I will keep fighting on.

I am actually on the site pretty often. Mostly when I am at work though. I have a job where I am sort of "on call" so I have a lot of idle time. I usually log in to see what is going on and if I want to chime in then I do. I am not exclusively on this site though if that is what you are asking. It doesn't keep me from living life and going out or anything. It's just cool to talk to people that actually get it.
                That's great to hear man. Only asking because I imagine I wouldn't do well being a bald guy. And I'd probably live on the forum. It's good to hear that you can go out and love life. You're a winner!

Comment

• redy
                  • Jun 2013

It's just a lifestyle choice man.

Baring one stint of the emo-swoop cut for a year or so, I've always had buzzed hair that I cut myself just because I didn't really care. I fooled around with different lengths and styles, but it was always buzzed at least on the sides with some extra length on the top at most. Now it's longer as I'm fighting to hide the thinning hairline.

Eventually, probably the summer, I'll just end up caving in and buzzing it down again. I'll probably be happier too, but until then I'm hanging on to the illusion.

If I had a perfect hairline I'd probably go through phases of having longer hair on top, different styles, but then buzzing it down every so often and letting it grow back out. I like how a buzz feels.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

It sucks not to have the options I once did, but buzzing really isn't the worst thing in the world. I save a bunch on haircuts and it is really easy to maintain.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

It's probably for stylistic purposes. The buzzed down haircut with a nice hairline looks masculine but at the same time you are in style. That's all it is, it's a clean style. If you want Justin Bieber haircuts, by all means, get it, but not every man likes that.

Personally if I had a lot of hair with a great looking hairline, I would just comb my hair up and have it lower on the sides and back, I love that hairstyle. But I can also appreciate the good ol' buzz too.

Comment

• akai
                        • Dec 2012

My hair has never been thick enough for something like this, even when I was a kid. I wish density like that could be possible.

Comment

• jason1001
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Mribby1
                          I understand this might be confusing but I keep seeing hair loss sufferers claiming that they want a full heaf of hair then they'd just buzz it down. Never really understood this concept. Maybe I'm being narrow minded but I'm a person who likes long luscious locks of hair and to me buzzing it down its just a bit of a waste. And are all these guys chatting bullshit that they'd grow their hair out if they could. Also maybe it's my narrow mindedness but this is why I have never understood scalp tattoos you look like you can grow a full head of hair but still you have no hair. Save your money and be bald with no hair rather than bald with hair...
                          At the moment I have long hair but I also like nom1 buzz, I constantly go long hair to short to short but long fringe etc

I think the main thing is being able to have the option, I never thought about it much till I started worrying about my hair.
                          Its always nice for the option to grow it/shave it etc.

That's what ill miss most anyway.

I think that's why ht aren't for everyone, can you grow super long cool looking hair? If you do shave it won't a scar show?

Comment

• fred970
                            • Nov 2009

Not with FUE, it's even less noticeable if the surgon uses a small punch.

It also depends on how much you scar and your skin colour.

Comment

Working...