X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • highway12
    • Apr 2010

Question about non-surg HR

Can you swim with these "hairpieces?"
    Is there anyone who is really great at making them in the Norfolk, VA or Myrtle Beach, SC area?
    I'm a mom looking into this for my 25-year-old son. His head is almost bald for a 4-5 inch span running from former hairline to the crown. He combs over his other thick beautiful hair.
    THANKS
    also--I'm totally new to this site, and welcome all suggestions

Comment

• clee984
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BigCityJames
      Hey Lizard5781-Spencer has an interesting theory on homeless guys with great heads of hair. It is actually commonplace. You rarely see any bald cavemen as well.(at least the way they are depicted on the Geico commercials lol) I think there is a link to the excess sebum on trhe scalp that saves the hair shaft???Just a guess.
      Hey, why homeless guys don't go bald, I actually know the answer to this! And sorry Spencer and the rest of you guys to be the bearer of bad news, but the secret is........castration! Because bums drink so much extremely poor quality alcohol (and probably other things too), they are effectively chemically castrating themselves. So the reason you never see a bald wino is the same reason you never see a bald eunuch. Coz they ain't got no balls. Sad but true.

Comment

• krauss
        • Apr 2010

Gotta start somewhere

Ive been checking out different threads around this forum. seems like a lot of good information, but also a few guys that post their opinion (usually negative) in any and all threads. but for the most part, most "brothers" are very helpful so far. Ive been thinking about pieces too, maybe transplants. Just checking into fue now. Anyone know anything about some new non-surgical transplant, something to do with a laser? I dont know what its called, so i have been having trouble finding anything in google. thanks for anyhelp guys.

Comment

• BaldBob
          • Aug 2009

Non-surgical transplant?

If it's really a transplant, then it's surgical. So I doubt this is a transplant. Do they call it a non-surgical "graft"? If so, it's a hairpiece, pure and simple.

There are a lot of companies selling low-level lasers as a cure to baldness. What the laser really increases is the size of the seller's wallet.

I'm willing to bet that this is either an attempt to describe a hairpiece as some super-duper, high-tech, ultra-realistic product (there's a 90% chance they'll call it a scientific breakthrough) or an attempt to sell a nearly-worthless laser.

Comment

• daviddwilson
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Toplace
            Lizard is right--the hairline is key. If not done properly you get the 'doll's hair' effect. And if you get a French lace base or Super Fine Swiss lace base (state of the art bases) they virtually disappear on the scalp. This allows you so show some scalp and this provides the realism that everyone wants. Some companies still use the old-fashioned fine mono bases which are thicker and do not disappear on the scalp--avoid these. Go with a French lace base or a Super Fine Swiss lace base and the hair will look just like it's growing out of your scalp.
            Regards,
            John
            TopLace
            Hello Lizard and John,
            A short note to say many thanks for your informative responses. I really appreciated you taking the time to share your feedback. Very helpful. Keep up the good work.
            best,

Comment

• scarman
              • Dec 2010

None with give you the freedom except for shaved hair . I took the medicines and the hair transplant route . Now I only wished to took the medicines and shave . As you get older, there tons of things more important than hair and with a hair transplant there is not turning back point . Even if you get FUE .
              And about the wig, have that " hat " 24x7 should be insoportable .

Comment

• JonB.
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by scarman
                None with give you the freedom except for shaved hair . I took the medicines and the hair transplant route . Now I only wished to took the medicines and shave . As you get older, there tons of things more important than hair and with a hair transplant there is not turning back point . Even if you get FUE .
                And about the wig, have that " hat " 24x7 should be insoportable .
                scarman, Just out of curiosity what part of the country are you in, how long was your tattoo procedure...and who did you use.?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• scarman
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by JonB.
                  scarman, Just out of curiosity what part of the country are you in, how long was your tattoo procedure...and who did you use.?

Thanks in advance.
                  I did not get the tattoo yet . Still searching for information .

Comment

• JonB.
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by scarman
                    I did not get the tattoo yet . Still searching for information .
                    Me too.. I like the clean close cut of the photos I've seen. I believe this cut would be pleasant. I surely know it would be easy to maintain which I like as well.

I just need to see some (forgive my spelling) cacausan males in person that have had this done and to see how "real" it looks..

and I am sure it does....I just need to personally see it before I commit to this option...

I'd also like to know if down the road with this tattoo'd option could an individual choose to go with a hair transplant on top of the existing tattoo?

Everybody likes options...I believe I could successfully carry this look without going to a hair transplant but as mentioned....times change..styles and desires change..and if after spending the few grand on this tattoo program...a few years down the road I want to go with a hair transplant...

I'd like to know if I have that option...

I'm in the New York Metro Area...tristate...New York, Long Island, Northern New Jersey, Conn. area...so if you hear from anyone whose done this and willing to meet for a cup of coffee at a location near by their home or work...

That would be great.

Starbucks are all over the place and I'm buying ..

Have a nice day and I think its an interesting option to consider as well.

Comment

• scarman
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by JonB.
                      Me too.. I like the clean close cut of the photos I've seen. I believe this cut would be pleasant. I surely know it would be easy to maintain which I like as well.

I just need to see some (forgive my spelling) cacausan males in person that have had this done and to see how "real" it looks..

and I am sure it does....I just need to personally see it before I commit to this option...

I'd also like to know if down the road with this tattoo'd option could an individual choose to go with a hair transplant on top of the existing tattoo?

Everybody likes options...I believe I could successfully carry this look without going to a hair transplant but as mentioned....times change..styles and desires change..and if after spending the few grand on this tattoo program...a few years down the road I want to go with a hair transplant...

I'd like to know if I have that option...

I'm in the New York Metro Area...tristate...New York, Long Island, Northern New Jersey, Conn. area...so if you hear from anyone whose done this and willing to meet for a cup of coffee at a location near by their home or work...

That would be great.

Starbucks are all over the place and I'm buying ..

Have a nice day and I think its an interesting option to consider as well.
                      Yes, you can get a hair tranplant over your tatoo .
                      My big doubt is how about the sun , can you exposure your scalp to it after you get the tattoo ? Most of this tattoo places have forum in their sites, might I should ask there cause look like nobody knows here

Comment

• nikole95.7
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Lorne
                        Hello Lizard and John,
                        A short note to say many thanks for your informative responses. I really appreciated you taking the time to share your feedback. Very helpful. Keep up the good work.
                        best,
                        Lorne
                        I wore a hair piece when I was just 23! It cost a few £thousand and it was not a cheap one. This was a long time ago around 1995. I would have thought things have come a long way since but this one was aweful... having to re-glue my hair on felt so humiliating.

Comment

• dgman21
                          • Sep 2010

i want to start boxing but if i put on a hat or head gear my hear will get messed up and show the thinning

Comment

Working...