Behind-the-counter Hair loss pill by DS Labs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepke
    • Nov 2013

Behind-the-counter Hair loss pill by DS Labs?

So, I read a press release earlier today, it stated DS Labs is coming out with a behind-the-counter hair loss medication pill, is this true? I thought it would be an hair loss supplement.
  • joely
    • Sep 2011

Does it say anything else? like is it a fin alternative but just as good? or is it just a natural supplement that probably wont halp in the slightest?

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

Im highly skeptical. Its not getting any approval so they dont need to prove much of anything. What natural ingredients or peptides will stop MPB or regrow hair? I dont think there are any.
      The only way it could be a fin alternative is to lower androgens and then you get the same sides. Maybe im wrong but the key is they need to prove it to me before I buy their stuff

Comment

• joely
        • Sep 2011

Oh good, we can all wait another five years

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
          Im highly skeptical. Its not getting any approval so they dont need to prove much of anything. What natural ingredients or peptides will stop MPB or regrow hair? I dont think there are any.
          The only way it could be a fin alternative is to lower androgens and then you get the same sides. Maybe im wrong but the key is they need to prove it to me before I buy their stuff
          Cha ching!!! You are correct sir.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

What we need is a topical that blocks all androgens @ the scalp. Not just DHT which you can nuke 99% & still lose hair
            Problem w/ blocking non-DHT androgens all through your body (like w/ spiro, flutamide etc) is the feminizing effects. A strong topical andro blocker + fin/dut would probably be all you need to maintain hair for decades if you catch your loss early

Some people will say we have options already but topical spiro is crap and RU is f*cking ridiculous for reasons I will not get into. & keto is too weak.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
              RU is f*cking ridiculous for reasons I will not get into.
              I would like to hear your take on RU. So many people support it as an alternative to fin. Just curious what you mean.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                I would like to hear your take on RU. So many people support it as an alternative to fin. Just curious what you mean.
                With RU we have 2 options....1 is to spend a f*ckload for premixed batches that apparently have way less efficacy than if you buy raw materials & mix yourself (ie the mixture degrades over time & after the first couple weeks it is far less effective than if you are mixing your own fresh batches). 2 is to groupbuy some raw materials from some 3rd world country & buy a bunch of methlab equipment to mix your own batches every 4-7 days (I travel for work, have women @ my home, etc so this is not realistic for me and many others are in the same boat)

RU users who have results, please correct me if I am wrong about this

Comment

• thechamp
                  • Jan 2011

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Thanks. Yeah I feel pretty much the same way.

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

With RU we have 2 options....1 is to spend a f*ckload for premixed batches that apparently have way less efficacy than if you buy raw materials & mix yourself (ie the mixture degrades over time & after the first couple weeks it is far less effective than if you are mixing your own fresh batches). 2 is to groupbuy some raw materials from some 3rd world country & buy a bunch of methlab equipment to mix your own batches every 4-7 days (I travel for work, have women @ my home, etc so this is not realistic for me and many others are in the same boat)

I use it and honestly I can't tell if it does anything or not but I continue to throw it on my hairline...

Making it is easy, all you need is a milligram scale. Kane is the place to get it, his batches are always tested and always end up pure so it is reliable. With shipping abou $250 for 10g, you need 50mg perday, do the math that lasts 200 days..so lets say 500 a year to use it, not so bad. If you use kirkland minox throw it in there, if not, make a giant 70/30 pg/eth solution and keep using it for your weekly batches.

I dont see inconvenience of topicals as a hurlde if you are serious about stopping your loss

going based off the majoirty of ppl who use it id say after dut and fin it is worth having in your regimen....mainly for those who either cant handle fin/dut, for those who fin/duts effects are starting to lessen, or for those with extra aggressive loss. Also good hairline insurance as it blocks T and DHT at the AR and the front is tough to save

dont count on AA being released in the near future....go with fin/dut first and if ur not succesful try RU

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

I think CB, ascj 9 or one of those is going to be the major answer to what we have been waiting for many years for. A topical that is strong enough and penetrates enough to get major androgen inhibition to finally replace finasteride.
                        I have never seen anything based on antioxidants or complex peptides that has stopped or reversed MPB. I just cant see anything but another typical MPB product with no evidence or maybe a small study they pay for to show it works. They make lots of money quickly as people try it and then they drop out as the new products move in. My confidence is very low for this pill not even having seen it yet. We need CB or ascj 9.

Comment

• goldnt
                          • Jan 2014

As a RU user, your right about premixed. I make a batch every day for the best results and it literately takes 3 mins but i understand the problem. I agree when it comes to money. It really is a lot. Its so unfortunate though, the best option that competes with fin has to be overpriced because only a handful of people make it and take advantage. (Apparently they synthesize it at a cost of 4 dollars a gram). I really do have hair maintenance so those are my results, but because i don't just sh*t money im going to have to slowly get rid of it and hop on fin. Ru is so much better than fin side effects wise. Oh and don't get me started with f*cking customs. Got them taking my stuff and i got tired of it. Honestly i believe RU is the best other option right now,we just need to find a way to find it cheaper.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by goldnt
                            As a RU user, your right about premixed. I make a batch every day for the best results and it literately takes 3 mins but i understand the problem. I agree when it comes to money. It really is a lot. Its so unfortunate though, the best option that competes with fin has to be overpriced because only a handful of people make it and take advantage. (Apparently they synthesize it at a cost of 4 dollars a gram). I really do have hair maintenance so those are my results, but because i don't just sh*t money im going to have to slowly get rid of it and hop on fin. Ru is so much better than fin side effects wise. Oh and don't get me started with f*cking customs. Got them taking my stuff and i got tired of it. Honestly i believe RU is the best other option right now,we just need to find a way to find it cheaper.
                            Thanks for this. How long have you been on RU? Are/were you on any other treatments & for how long?
                            Would you say you have any regrowth or just maintaining? Any sides?

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

RU is a good example of why MPB is so frustrating. We have know for how many years its all androgens and we still dont have any safe way to do anything about it. RU might have been able to do that, and they gave up on it. Lots of good fin replacements over the years got shelved and then they are hard to get and unreliable or expensive

Comment

Working...