X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenma
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Dan26
    some ppl still lose ground on AAs and CB will be no different
    The very few people claiming having lost ground while on RU almost never showed evidence (pictures) of that happening.

Nevertheless, i think the better approach for maintenance will be the combination of DUT and CB/RU.

Remember that Hamilton long term studies already proved that strong androgen desestimulation stops the balding process, even after puberty.

If you have some study or properly documented cases of ru users losing their hair i'd really like to read-seeing them

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Tenma
      The very few people claiming having lost ground while on RU almost never showed evidence (pictures) of that happening.

Nevertheless, i think the better approach for maintenance will be the combination of DUT and CB/RU.

Remember that Hamilton long term studies already proved that strong androgen desestimulation stops the balding process, even after puberty.

If you have some study or properly documented cases of ru users losing their hair i'd really like to read-seeing them
      I can say that my hairline definitely continued to recede while on RU. Took it for 8 months alone, then added fin, then dropped fin for dut. I have photos to prove it but just take my word. My friend also did not have great success with RU but when he dropped it and started fin/minox, had great success.

I still use it now anyways on my hairline, not sure if it does much, but doubt it hurts, and probably provides a bit of insurance.

On the other hand I've heard of countless guys dropping dut and switching to RU with success.

I think realistically, some people need an internal AA on top of RU. There's a study (I'll look for it), which says something like RU blocks 70% DHT at the AR, and also it stays active at the AR for ~20hr. So if you have high levels of DHT in the scalp, and are only applying once a day at 5% for example, and your a person with aggressive MPB, fin/dut may be needed on top of that.

I do believe if you use RU and fin and still lose hair the loss may not be androgen related there must be other things at play.

Comment

• Tenma
        • Nov 2013

On the other hand I've heard of countless guys dropping dut and switching to RU with success.

I think realistically, some people need an internal AA on top of RU. There's a study (I'll look for it), which says something like RU blocks 70% DHT at the AR, and also it stays active at the AR for ~20hr. So if you have high levels of DHT in the scalp, and are only applying once a day at 5% for example, and your a person with aggressive MPB, fin/dut may be needed on top of that.

I do believe if you use RU and fin and still lose hair the loss may not be androgen related there must be other things at play.
        We agree some will need to use them both to maintain their hair. It could be risky for them long term to rely on one drug only. They surely need a synergic approach. A 2-a. reductase inhibitor combined with an androgen receptor blocker should do the trick.

But, like you said, much more people using only a strong topical AA are having good success, which could mean that for guys in very early stages of MPB, a strong topical AA will do the trick.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

The problem is there are no good AA topicals. Unlike many on here I do take issue buying an experimental chemical from an unregulated company overseas to try playing chemist in my basement.
          If we have some real proven packaged and tested solution like CB or something it would be a whole different story. Then its regulated and you know for sure what your getting and that its safe to use long term.
          The way guys on here talk you would think RU and CB are perfectly safe and legit to use. Why even bother with FDA trials if its already safe and ready to roll? Drop it in some alcohol mix and stock it out next to the rogain and save us all the 3 years of trials. Seems like a waste of time and money for FDA and companies pursuing this if its already done

Comment

• deuce
            • May 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
            The problem is there are no good AA topicals. Unlike many on here I do take issue buying an experimental chemical from an unregulated company overseas to try playing chemist in my basement.
            If we have some real proven packaged and tested solution like CB or something it would be a whole different story. Then its regulated and you know for sure what your getting and that its safe to use long term.
            The way guys on here talk you would think RU and CB are perfectly safe and legit to use. Why even bother with FDA trials if its already safe and ready to roll? Drop it in some alcohol mix and stock it out next to the rogain and save us all the 3 years of trials. Seems like a waste of time and money for FDA and companies pursuing this if its already done
            Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything here, but if you give the FDA so much validity why don't you not worry about a topical and just take fin. They approved that so they must be spot on right?

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

100% im under the aggressive hairloss category and agree with this.

Fin works for me in terms of slowing down the loss alot, but since starting on it I'd say i've lost about 5% of my hair(hairline has receded a little bit more and density has gotten a little bit worse), noticeable for sure but I can hold off until I can find something to add to this.

I dont like RU personally with the sides i've heard from it and it's untested, so i'm holding out for someone to start pre-mixing CB with the proper vehicle as I think it has a much higher safety profile.

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by deuce
                Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything here, but if you give the FDA so much validity why don't you not worry about a topical and just take fin. They approved that so they must be spot on right?
                So the next FDA approved treatment your not going to use that but instead opt for the RU from some oversea website? If you dont give the FDA much validity then you wouldnt use anything they approve in the same way I should use what they approved

Comment

• deuce
                  • May 2013

So the next FDA approved treatment your not going to use that but instead opt for the RU from some oversea website? If you dont give the FDA much validity then you wouldnt use anything they approve in the same way I should use what they approved
                  Im just saying they do not always get it right, and they are always recalling medicines for being dangerous. Of course I would feel better listening to the FDA but unfortunately they take a very long time, and alot of us do not have alot of time. I read in a previous post you had light hairloss. If I was you I would not worry about this forum and see if you could tolerate fin 2-3 times a week with rogaine and nizoral.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                    100% im under the aggressive hairloss category and agree with this.

Fin works for me in terms of slowing down the loss alot, but since starting on it I'd say i've lost about 5% of my hair(hairline has receded a little bit more and density has gotten a little bit worse), noticeable for sure but I can hold off until I can find something to add to this.

I dont like RU personally with the sides i've heard from it and it's untested, so i'm holding out for someone to start pre-mixing CB with the proper vehicle as I think it has a much higher safety profile.
                    Bro you should get the idea of CB on the grey market out of your head...just being honest. It is not as strong an AA as RU, you would need to use it at a high percent and it is extremely expensive + were not 100% sure on the vehicle.

I'd either stick on fin, up to dut, or give RU a shot and see if you tolerate it. Don't hold your breath for CB.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Oh come on, thats such a strawman argument. You and I both know the next treatment approved by the FDA is more than likely going to be CB-03-01... unless Follica quits masturbating and taking in funding and releases a treatment before that.

All the options we have today and have had for the last 30 years are garbage. CB isn't going to change a whole lot. Either Follica or the findings from Jahoda/China are the only true treatments we should be excited about.

Comment

• kobefan234
                        • Nov 2013

Even with fin & promox when I put a comb thru my hair I get a **** ton on hairs stuck in the comb. Truly depressing

They should at the very minimum come out with a good AA topical

Comment

• joely
                          • Sep 2011

All the options we have today and have had for the last 30 years are garbage. CB isn't going to change a whole lot. Either Follica or the findings from Jahoda/China are the only true treatments we should be excited about.[/QUOTE]

Where are follica at, their website does not give much away

Comment

• sascha
                            • Feb 2014

Where are follica at, their website does not give much away[/QUOTE]

According this pipeline in phase 2 studies. But I would say it depends on what their next step was back in summer when they released the news. they can A) be in the process to fund money for 2b or B) be halfway trough 2b heading to phase 3. PureTech said on twitter: "Follica is advancing the development.We will update when we have news or go-to-market timelines."

Comment

• joely
                              • Sep 2011

So they could be anywhere betwixt not having the money for phase 2b or half way through? don't these trials normally take years?

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by joely
                                So they could be anywhere betwixt not having the money for phase 2b or half way through? don't these trials normally take years?
                                Doesn't it seem like its 4 years of them bullshitting around and 6 months of actually progress for every phase they go through?

Comment

Working...