Threaded View

Default The days after HT - some questions

I will soon be going for my secont HT. (actually a HST at HASCI)
    I just have some questions for you veterans regarding the days after the surgery. Would be very greatful for some helpful replies.

* Drinking alcohol the days after the treatment is said to be okay according to the clinic.
    Does anyone else see any specific harm to the grafts that could occur by drinking during the days after the treatment?

* This treatment will focus on my crown area. Since I always sleep on my back I think I may have a problem here because I know the newly transplanted grafts aren't supposed to be touching the pillow when you sleep as it may harm them. How important is this? I don't know if I will be able to sleep on my stomach. Any suggestions?

* In order to be able to walk around a little bit in public I would need to use some kind of loosely fitted baseball cap or bandana on my head.
    I understand that it's important that it is loose so it doesn't harm the grafts. But just HOW sensitive are the grafts actually for these kind of things during the 2-5 days after the treatment?

* Hasci recommends that you apply minoxidil on the grafts for a couple of weeks, starting about two days after the surgery.
    Does anyone have an idea of how helpful this really is for the grafts?
    I am just thinking about the fact that the first reaction to minoxidil is the negative reaction of shedding, and that the positive effects usually don't appear until you have been using it for a long time?

Thank you guys!