Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plan C
    • Nov 2013

Use of Rogaine foam and solution simultaneously

A couple of weeks ago, I switched from Rogaine foam to solution as I believe it does a better job at growing hair.

On a few occassions, I haven't had the time to use Rogaine solution and have instead used a little foam. Each time, I experience a shed when I shower in the morning.

Are the two not usable simultaneously?
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I use both when I need to. I usually use the solution, but keep the foam on standby just in case I need to be somewhere and I don't want to show up all greasy.

Comment

• Plan C
      • Nov 2013

I see. I think that the issue is that if you use Rogaine foam only occasionally rather than every day, shedding will occur every time you use it?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Hmmm, I haven't had to switch completely to the foam, but for the past month I have been using the foam 50% of the time without a shed. People react different to various treatments so I don't doubt you are going through some sort of a shed.

Comment

• Plan C
          • Nov 2013

As I said, I only use it once or twice a week and I think that my scalp would have to readjust to it again if I decided to use it once a day (i.e. through a shed). I think that using the foam on a one-off basis is therefore counterintuitive.

Comment

Working...