Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aek
    • Feb 2013

Propecia gave me sides, try Avodart???

A few years ago i tried propecia (1mg per day) and got side effects after 4 months, so i stopped and it took while (6-7 months) to get back to normal (80% better)
    After 2 years i tried it again but 0.25mg every second day, Took it 3 times and noticed i couldn't get it up. So I've stopped. Slowly getting better.

Has anyone had sides with propecia and then tried avodart and was ok?

Should i try Avodart 0.5mg (per week) or am i just going to be playing with fire??
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Aek
    A few years ago i tried propecia (1mg per day) and got side effects after 4 months, so i stopped and it took while (6-7 months) to get back to normal (80% better)
    After 2 years i tried it again but 0.25mg every second day, Took it 3 times and noticed i couldn't get it up. So I've stopped. Slowly getting better.

Should i try Avodart 0.5mg (per week) or am i just going to be playing with fire??
    Avodart is a more powerful med than Propecia. Most of the men who take oral meds I meet at our office use finasteride. Those I have met using Avodart use a sliver of the gel capsule. Dr. Cole mentioned to me that sometimes a man can have a side effect with finasteride, not have any with dutasteride and vice versa.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

I'd try avo as I've seen some people on the forums have sides with fin but not dut...ofcourse be careful and drop immediately if u get nasty sides

im not sure if its the huge spike in T or the raise in LH but as far as libido goes i hear lots of guys say its better on dut than fin...with dut i worry more about brain fog / fatigue / gyno

Comment

• Aeroes
        • Feb 2013

If you'd rather have hair and a numb penis that doesn't work go for it. In all seriousness, if your having sides thats a sign not to take it. But do what you want.

Comment

• Jazz1
          Inactive
          • Aug 2012

Iv had major sides and always found a way of taking it, mind control I would post my story but I'm waiting on new iPad my screens currently cracked.

Comment

• Aeroes
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
            Iv had major sides and always found a way of taking it, mind control I would post my story but I'm waiting on new iPad my screens currently cracked.
            Good for people who can take the stuff, but I had terrible sexual sides from it, numbness in that region for over a month. Never again..

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Aek
              No

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                I'd try avo as I've seen some people on the forums have sides with fin but not dut...ofcourse be careful and drop immediately if u get nasty sides

im not sure if its the huge spike in T or the raise in LH but as far as libido goes i hear lots of guys say its better on dut than fin...with dut i worry more about brain fog / fatigue / gyno
                that's what worries me most about dut is gyno. this june I will decide and more than likely pull the trigger to try it out tho.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
                  that's what worries me most about dut is gyno. this june I will decide and more than likely pull the trigger to try it out tho.
                  How is fin going for you bro?

I have zero sides with dut but am going through a massive shed at the 2.5-3.5 month mark.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                    How is fin going for you bro?

I have zero sides with dut but am going through a massive shed at the 2.5-3.5 month mark.
                    Dan, you had sides with fin??

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                      Dan, you had sides with fin??
                      no man i was fine on fin but switched to dut anyways

ive heard ppl with sides on fin and none on dut though, oddly

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Aek

Just switch to Avo. If you are not an a 5-ar inhib then the whole fight is pointless. If you get bad sides you can quit

Comment

• StayThick
                          • Oct 2012

I wouldn't go near either of the poisons. To me it's like deciding to take rat poison or anthrax. Yes, that bad.

Propecia caused gyno (male breasts), weight gain, and all sorts of disturbing sides for me. Took a couple years to get back to normal. All of which indicate how important DHT is to our body, unfortunately it can also cause our hairloss.

I love my hair as much as the next guy on here, but I wouldnt sacrifice everything that makes me a man for the sake of maintaining a few follicles. I truly believe this drug causes sides in every one, just certain people choose to not pay attention or ignore them because they may not be as severe as others.

Terrible drug. Both are disastrous to take, especially long-term.

Comment

• Jcm800
                            • Jan 2011

I do wonder if Spex is being fully transparent about sides he feels he's not experienced? Wonder if he took his shirt off.. Would he have bitch tits?
                            I do trust his opinion, but sadly I believe ppl do suffer terribly from the drugs as well..
                            Last edited by Jcm800; 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

I sounded disrespectful there to Spex, not the case, and not intended.

Comment

Working...