Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redy
    • Jun 2013

Dr. Reddy's Fin

So I've been using the Dr. Reddy's Finasteride (5mg) from my local CVS pharmacy on prescription, for 6 months now, and this plant is not located in the US (india).

I have been wondering for a while about the use of generics vs name brands, as I understand the concern is not about the actual active ingredient but it's binding materials within the drug ie bio-availability. The materials used could make it less able to be used correctly in the body, or break down incorrectly, or degrade within the pill more quickly, etc.. But there is almost zero way of actually knowing unless you notice improvement or serious side effects. Also, side effects can be a sign that the drug is not made with proper materials too..

Is everyone here confident in this generic? Or has anyone tried switching to the name brand and seen better results?

Thanks.
  • macster
    • Aug 2013

I've been using generic proscar for 3 years and have been doing just fine. I have heard good things about Dr. Reddy's pharmaceuticals and I think they are pretty well established in the US. They produce many other drugs besides finasteride. I am pretty confident about the quality of generics certified for sale in the US.

Comment

• redy
      • Jun 2013

Still wondering about this. I swear my hair is worse at the 9 month mark.

Comment

Working...