+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    This paper does not indicate a treatment that could be put into the form of a practical treatment for clinical trials or even pre-clinical testing. What this sounds like is merely an avenue for researchers to begin exploring so they can one day create a treatment to run through pre-clinical and clinical trials. It sounds like basic research - where a researcher is looking for a place to start.

First off, whoever said this research indicates that a treatment is ready for the clinic? Secondly, if that's what you're expecting to come out of this conference, you're in for a bitter disappointment.

2 important points:

1. This thread is not supposed to be an "attack-Nigam-thread" so please stop the attacks against Nigam. Everyone knows that there are some posters who think Nigam is OK so when the Nigam-haters do attacks against Nigam they're starting arguments about whether or not Nigam is positive or a negative. It would be OK if this were a Nigam thread but it isn't. The Nigam haters initiate arguments about Nigam in threads that are not even about Nigam and they should stop. I'm happy to discuss Nigam in a Nigam thread but please stop ruining every thread with the Nigam attacks.
    So you believe that a thread about the WCHR in which Nigam is presenting has nothing to do with Nigam? Good logic, just what I would expect from someone who still thinks he is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    So you believe that a thread about the WCHR in which Nigam is presenting has nothing to do with Nigam? Good logic, just what I would expect from someone who still thinks he is legit.
    You know you might have a point but so what? Other posters are tired of so many threads turning into this subject. You need to grow up and stop being a broken-record stuck on one subject.

You know you might have a point but so what? Other posters are tired of so many threads turning into this subject. You need to grow up and stop being a broken-record stuck on one subject.
    So I have a point but you are going to completely ignore it? Again, sound logic. Also please show me where I am stuck on one subject (I presume you mean Nigam), I would like to see what posts of mine lead you to believe I am stuck on one subject...

I know everyone is excited about the Japanese findings, but are they going to be demonstrating/talking about anything that is coming to the market within the next to years. Like a nice topical or something?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    I know everyone is excited about the Japanese findings, but are they going to be demonstrating/talking about anything that is coming to the market within the next to years. Like a nice topical or something?
    I'm pretty sure this is a conference to discuss science. Product announcements are left to the marketers, not the scientists and researchers.

I think last year's hair congress should teach us not to hope for some kind of unexpected cure that has been found in the last 12 months all of the sudden, but to look at the context of the industry and research and look at the frequent and small breakthroughs with a spirit of cautious optimism.

It was Xu I believe who stated they estimate it would take them another decade to get DP cells to work properly. Let's see what other researchers will say about the issue, and then we can speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a conference to discuss science. Product announcements are left to the marketers, not the scientists and researchers.

I think last year's hair congress should teach us not to hope for some kind of unexpected cure that has been found in the last 12 months all of the sudden, but to look at the context of the industry and research and look at the frequent and small breakthroughs with a spirit of cautious optimism.

It was Xu I believe who stated they estimate it would take them another decade to get DP cells to work properly. Let's see what other researchers will say about the issue, and then we can speculate.

One thing I will say is that these researchers have most likely been testing new culture mediums, growth factors, and other things to try to find a way to increase the percentage of trichogenicity retained after high-pass culturing beyond the 22% that Jahoda got it up to.

Perhaps while we all wait for information we could all do speculating as to what types of things the researchers could use to try to increase that percentage of retained trichogenicity.

Anybody got any ideas? What might help increase the percentage of retained trichogenicity? One thing I was thinking that's going to sound kind of crazy is what if they created a culture container that entirely mimicked the environment in which these cells turn into hair cells? I don't mean creating an entire fake follicle but rather create a culture dish that somehow mimics the feel of the follicle along the part of the follicle chain wherein these cells make the decision to grow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post

It hasn't even been 12 months since Jahoda made his recent breakthrough. That was last fall in Ocotber. By the time the Hair Loss Congress meets only 7 months will have gone by since Jahoda's presentation. Could researchers really have expanded on Jahoda's research DRAMATICALLY in 7 months and have the results formulated into a presentation already? It doesn't seem like sufficient time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    First off, whoever said this research indicates that a treatment is ready for the clinic? Secondly, if that's what you're expecting to come out of this conference, you're in for a bitter disappointment.

Arishi said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    VERY EXCITING NEWS

Hey guys, the abstract titles for this year's Hair congress just got announced and some of these talks look absolutely ground breaking. Here's the TOP SIX presentations that I picked out which show 6 different research teams cracking the DP culturing problems, while another team has found what makes the DP cells in the MPB zone so different to the permanent zone. It's also interesting to note that these 6 teams are NOT part of the Chinese or Taiwanese teams we already knew about.

It seems that this beast is about to be cracked I will post more information once more information is published. Science is finally giving us the answers we were waiting for

Here are the titles:

1) P032: GENOME-WIDE EXPRESSION PROFILE ANLYSIS OF 3D CULTURED DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS FROM ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA PATIENTS
    Weixin Fan

2) P081 (WS3): DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN 3D CULTURE RESTORE MARKERS OF DERMAL PAPILLA INDUCTIVITY
    Aaron Gardner

3) P082 (WS3): 3D MICRO HAIR FOLLICLE CULTURE IN A DYNAMIC CHIP BIOREACTOR
    Beren Atac

4) P202 (SY10): REPROGRAMMING REGULAR SKIN FIBROBLASTS INTO HAIR INDUCING DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS
    Carlos Clavel

5) P221 (FC6): ENHANCING EXPRESSION OF HAIR INDUCTION MARKERS IN HUMAN DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS
    ARP Sari

6) P228 (SY3): OPTIMIZED PREPARATION OF DERMAL PAPILLA CELL (DP) AND DERMAL SHEATH CELL (DS) CONSTRUCT FOR HAIR REGENERATION
    Koji Kanayama

__________________________________________________ _____________

On a side note, the third title points out to growing hair germs (microtissues) in a bioreactor to maturations prior to transplantation. Sounds very cool!

What a great year so far A big thumbs up to all these researchers working towards a final cure.

The more I look at number 4 the more I think that it could be very interesting. If they can turn regular skin fibroblasts into hair-inducing dermal papilla cells this could be very big.