+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

It would be cool to see someone NW 7 be a NW 0 a week later. Then we could see how big a difference hair really makes and I do think it does make a difference.

Remember that
    1. This is happening in Asia. Who knows how quickly this could be approved over there once stem cell science is a little more understood and mature in say, 6-7 years. China really want to prove themselves as innovators in the science and technology industries, so they'll probably try to get things like this through approval as quickly as possible.

2. We won't go from no solution to a complete solution all of a sudden. There are plenty of interim solutions that could work really well, especially if used together and compounded. So if this takes 10 years to become available, in 5 years time we should have at least a few things on the market that work for regrowth. Maybe one of Follica/Replicel/Histogen obviously, but also perhaps a better anti-androgen, and likely dozens of things that are off the radar right now.

3. Like Arashi says, once the scientific protocol for hair multiplication is out there, there will be doctors in the less regulated parts of the world hacking a solution for the more adventurous norwoods.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    It would be cool to see someone NW 7 be a NW 0 a week later. Then we could see how big a difference hair really makes and I do think it does make a difference.
    Won't be a week, thats for sure. You need to take into account the hair growth cycle;

Then you need to take into account how long it takes the cells to turn into fully functioning follicles... and then you need to take into account that hair grows about 1cm per month.

It'll be a bit of a wait period before you see the results... but once you do, you'll be rocking a socially acceptable head of hair and regain your confidence, self esteem and notice your overall happiness in life SKYROCKET. I can't wait for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Firstly, thanks Boldy for getting me the paper Ur a champion. Also, Arashi's explanation is uncanny...couldn't explain it better myself

One interesting point in the study is that these scientists are fully aware of the work of Taiwanese university and have tried to outmatch them! Here’s an excerpt from their paper:

“Previous studies (referenced as the studies conducted by TAIWANESE UNIVERSITY) showed that there are two manners in which DP spheroids form. DP cells were cultured on the surface of plates with low-adhesive capacities or within hydrogels. For the former, DP spheroids with varying diameter can be formed on the first day after seeding through the intercellular collision and fusion, and the size of DP spheroids depends on the seeding density of cells, even for 600μm. However, there is a limited scope for expanding cell numbers. For the latter, DP spheroids also can be formed by cloning growth of DP cells in hydrogels. The size of DP spheroids depends on the time of cell culture, which usually requires about two weeks to form a DP spheroid with a diameter 100μm, hardly exceeding 200μm.

Our result showed that the formation of DP spheroids can be divided into two aspects. In the early stage, DP cells can form spheroids with a diameter of 100μm, through intercellular collision and fusion. In the later stage, the size of DP spheroids mainly increase through cell proliferation within DP spheroids. Generally, the diameter of DP spheroids formed in Matrigel can reach to 250μm, which is similar to normal human scalp DP.”

Very interesting.

Also, I remember another study pointing out the size of DP spheroid having an impact on the hair diameter. The Chinese spheroids were exactly the same size as natrual DP spheroids in our donor zone (250mcg), something that the Taiwanese only achieved in some of the cultured population (at random). So their technique seems pretty solid.

One shortcoming of the paper is that they didn't do a full genetic comparison between the original DP cells and the Cultured. They only tested for the genes known to possess trichogenic potential. But all in all, very solid paper with very promising outcome.
    Thank you for the update Des!

Really good they are aware of what taiwanese are doing. Lets hope the thing you mention about genetic comparison can be addressed in the near future.

My guess is that if cultured DP Cells were the same size as "normal" DP cells, most genetic expression should be retained.

Maybe im wrong, though. far from being a biology scientist here lol

Firstly, thanks Boldy for getting me the paper Ur a champion. Also, Arashi's explanation is uncanny...couldn't explain it better myself

One interesting point in the study is that these scientists are fully aware of the work of Taiwanese university and have tried to outmatch them! Here’s an excerpt from their paper:

“Previous studies (referenced as the studies conducted by TAIWANESE UNIVERSITY) showed that there are two manners in which DP spheroids form. DP cells were cultured on the surface of plates with low-adhesive capacities or within hydrogels. For the former, DP spheroids with varying diameter can be formed on the first day after seeding through the intercellular collision and fusion, and the size of DP spheroids depends on the seeding density of cells, even for 600μm. However, there is a limited scope for expanding cell numbers. For the latter, DP spheroids also can be formed by cloning growth of DP cells in hydrogels. The size of DP spheroids depends on the time of cell culture, which usually requires about two weeks to form a DP spheroid with a diameter 100μm, hardly exceeding 200μm.

Our result showed that the formation of DP spheroids can be divided into two aspects. In the early stage, DP cells can form spheroids with a diameter of 100μm, through intercellular collision and fusion. In the later stage, the size of DP spheroids mainly increase through cell proliferation within DP spheroids. Generally, the diameter of DP spheroids formed in Matrigel can reach to 250μm, which is similar to normal human scalp DP.”

Very interesting.

Also, I remember another study pointing out the size of DP spheroid having an impact on the hair diameter. The Chinese spheroids were exactly the same size as natrual DP spheroids in our donor zone (250mcg), something that the Taiwanese only achieved in some of the cultured population (at random). So their technique seems pretty solid.

One shortcoming of the paper is that they didn't do a full genetic comparison between the original DP cells and the Cultured. They only tested for the genes known to possess trichogenic potential. But all in all, very solid paper with very promising outcome.

With regards to timelines, we all know how that goes but I personally believe a working cell therapy will be in trials by 2020 the latest and by 2022-2023 we'll have it available to patients at least in Japan. A working cell therapy is defined as converting a NW7 to NW1 with a very high density engineered DHT-resistant hair follicles.

By 2025, you'll have the first Kidney, lung and Liver transplants and further down the line (2028-onwards) nanotechnology will cure hairloss from a new angle, something along the lines of what Molten is getting at.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Also, guys I've been stuck on the calculations for the CB-03-01 formulation. Sorry it's taking a bit longer than I promised. I'm reading up on guidelines about some of the ingredients and what dose range should be in a topical cream. We're looking at over 10 ingredients all serving a specific purpose. I'll have it all posted for you guys by the end of this weekend Sorry once more.

P.S, JCM and other brothers...my Fin micro-dosing is going strong 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK has maintained my hair for well over 20 months now. I'll update my thread when I get the chance in case you didnt see this.
    2023 at the earliest? That's disheartening. I'll be married with kids by then, and hair loss will be but a fleeting concern. FML

If that be the case then you have already won.
    Its what you do now that matters not what you do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Yeah of course, French technology is the best. France will come up with a cure for hair loss.
    the west does not respect that France.

À quand remonte la dernière fois un pays asiatique est sorti avec quelques innové et pas copié des États-Unis. Quels sont les produits les plus populaires que nous utilisons qui a été créé par un pays asiatique.
    : (

2023 au plus tôt? C'est décourageant. Je vais être marié avec des enfants alors, et la perte de cheveux serai mais une préoccupation passagère. VDM
    : (

With regards to timelines, we all know how that goes but I personally believe a working cell therapy will be in trials by 2020 the latest and by 2022-2023 we'll have it available to patients at least in Japan. A working cell therapy is defined as converting a NW7 to NW1 with a very high density engineered DHT-resistant hair follicles.
    Not good enough. 6 years for trials to start? 9 years (and possibly more) to get a treatment? None of us should wait that long.

Trials have to start this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Not good enough. 6 years for trials to start? 9 years (and possibly more) to get a treatment? None of us should wait that long.

Trials have to start this year.
    It will start when it is able to start. Nothing is going to change just because you say "it haves to start this year." None of these companies joined the race to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    It will start when it is able to start. Nothing is going to change just because you say "it haves to start this year." None of these companies joined the race to lose.
    So whats your hypothesis that trials cant start now, now that they've got everything in place to reverse baldness completely?