• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

About Histogen’s Hair Stimulating Complex

From Histogeninc.com

Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) is a proprietary liquid formula created by the culturing of newborn fibroblasts in an embryonic-like environment and then harvesting the naturally secreted growth factors, proteins and other synergistic bioproducts that are produced. It is the first naturally stabilized and bioactive formulation of Wnt proteins and natural cofactors.

Histogen's HSC is currently being developed and evaluated an injectable for hair growth. The combination of Wnt proteins and growth factors making up the formulation have been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation.
  • mascott23
    • May 2010

any news when this will be available to the public or perhaps participate in one of their clinical trials. The research appears to be very promising.

Comment

• Vanzzzz
      • May 2010

Histogen said it should be out in Asia by 2013, and the US by 2015. How accurate their prediction is remains to be seen....

Also, the clinical trials will be conducted in Asia, in countries like Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong etc.

Personally I am pretty hopeful that it will be out in Asia by 2013, since it appears to be rather safe, though the short clinical trials do give us cause for worry.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
        • Mar 2010

Comment

• RyGuy
          • Feb 2011

any idea when they're gona be releasing photos?.. if i remember correctly, Spencer said at the top of last sunday's show, that they were gona be releasing photos shortly?.. maybe im remembering incorrectly.. i always find it a bit... "odd".. that they never seem to release any type of photos....

Comment

• matlondon
            • Sep 2010

The 1st hair growth product to come to market will be the german version, they are about to start trials very soon. It'll come to market 2 years after the trials, it has less restrictions because of the method used.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by matlondon
              The 1st hair growth product to come to market will be the german version, they are about to start trials very soon. It'll come to market 2 years after the trials, it has less restrictions because of the method used.
              Which one are you talking about?

And what you mean by 1st hair growth product? Aren't minoxidil and finasteride hair growth products? They do promote hair growth in some people. Or are you talking about first hair growth product to put the new stem cell discoveries to use?

Comment

• KeepHoping
                • Dec 2010

What German version are you talking about?

Comment

• Growing Up
                  • Jan 2013

Is it me or are the 1 year later photos not great?

Looking on Histogens own site the Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) pilot clinical trial one year results, most of the hair seems to have grown a bit longer not really many new follicles anyway, so not a miracle cure really?

Also am I right in thinking this involves injecting into scalp?

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

I dont know, but could you not have chosen a more recent Histogen thread to comment on?

Comment

• baldozer
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tbtadmin
                      From Histogeninc.com

Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) is a proprietary liquid formula created by the culturing of newborn fibroblasts in an embryonic-like environment and then harvesting the naturally secreted growth factors, proteins and other synergistic bioproducts that are produced. It is the first naturally stabilized and bioactive formulation of Wnt proteins and natural cofactors.

Histogen's HSC is currently being developed and evaluated an injectable for hair growth. The combination of Wnt proteins and growth factors making up the formulation have been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation.
                      Is this good news for people like me, NW7s that is, or would it also only work for NW1s and NW2s? What do you think?

Comment

• apextc
                        • Jul 2013

Any update here?

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

Yeah I have one

Comment

• blmars french
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87