+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    2/25/2014: I did it, shaved it off, moving on!
    2/27/2014: Hair Loss Nightmare Nearly Over
    do you know what's the BEST part of a shaved head?

I don't care about news in the hairloss stuff.
    We have fin and minox for like 20 years, and a cutting edge forum with a lot of topics of things that just don't work.
    Now i can see this for what it actually is.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tommy e View Post
    do you know what's the BEST part of a shaved head?

I don't care about news in the hairloss stuff.
    We have fin and minox for like 20 years, and a cutting edge forum with a lot of topics of things that just don't work.
    Now i can see this for what it actually is.
    Hey I shave my head down to a zero, twice a week. I haven't given up yet, I just shave it while taking medication and will get FUE in April, i'm a diffused NW3-4. You can stop caring about it while still caring about it if you know what I mean. You shouldn't just see it as black and white.

To each their own, I won't tell anyone what is the right choice but since you are signed up here, it means you care at least a little, so i'm giving you advice that I myself take. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Hey I shave my head down to a zero, twice a week. I haven't given up yet, I just shave it while taking medication and will get FUE in April, i'm a diffused NW3-4. You can stop caring about it while still caring about it if you know what I mean. You shouldn't just see it as black and white.

To each their own, I won't tell anyone what is the right choice but since you are signed up here, it means you care at least a little, so i'm giving you advice that I myself take. Good luck.
    sorry if it sounds rude, it wasnt my intention. English is not my native lenguaje.

I'm not being negative here, just trying to overcome all the ups and downs of the cutting edge information.
    Nothing happends in the last 20 years, why torture ourselves coming here every single day.

I think this isn't good for anyone.

Honestly in my near decade of hair loss the biggest lesson ive learnt is the old adage "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting differant results".

A hairloss cure is out of our control, signs point to some solid treatments in the not too distant future but I've come to realise (IMO) your only truely happy living in the now.

My personal view point is to make the best of your current situation with the solutions currently available; all the while having as many back up.plans as possible, in case the worst scenario.becomes a reality.

At least that way (if your anything like me) you'll be able to enjoy 'now' knowing you've got a back up plan for 'later'. It's taken me about 8 years to grasp this but waiting for 'later' just isnt healthy.

You're right, if it really deeply affects your life, you should do something.

I'm waiting because I still look good even if I'm sporting a NW5. Not everybody has this chance. Of course there is a chance I will not be able to take it at a point, but the thing is, I have that back-up plan all figured out. Only a call to my FUE surgeon to schedule the HT and it's done.

Every hair loss sufferers should make those plans, because even if you don't pull the trigger, it can make you feel a lot better about the future, just by knowing that something can always be done.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Tommy E,, I am GLAD to see you back on here.

How are you doing lately? A shaved head is a GOOD alternative. It is just a matter of internal ACCEPTANCE and IGNORING what others may or may not think.
    Also can you tell us,,had you actually tried using Finasteride?
    I ask because I can tell you from my personal experience thus far that it DOES work to rejuvenate the hair not yet completely diminished. Ive been on it for almost 8 months now.
    There are medical studies showing positive results do happen at varying degrees per each individual.
    Personally speaking, Im very glad to have begun using it.

The most important thing though Tommy is for you not to lose faith in the future.
    Hang in there with us..the times will change -especially for a YOUNG person like you! Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You're right, if it really deeply affects your life, you should do something.

I'm waiting because I still look good even if I'm sporting a NW5. Not everybody has this chance. Of course there is a chance I will not be able to take it at a point, but the thing is, I have that back-up plan all figured out. Only a call to my FUE surgeon to schedule the HT and it's done.

Every hair loss sufferers should make those plans, because even if you don't pull the trigger, it can make you feel a lot better about the future, just by knowing that something can always be done.
    Its true, knowing its there is a big safety net. Having had a fue procedure myself & shaving my head the scarring was virtually invisible to the naked eye - Now even though I hated it, SMP amongst natural hair shaved looks 100% natural and nobody would ever think your balding. It's another great option, and its just at this point in my life 'the shaved head look' just doesnt suit my personality.

I've got an FUT scar now, but I've come to realise with SMP & BHT into scars todays FUT scar looks nothing more than a scratch & with a number 1\2 is virtually invisible.

I've had a few posts that are abit of a ramble recently (In my hotel w/nothing to do) but i guess the too long didn't read takeaway for anyone feeling hopeless is that despite no cure being available there is options.

High yield FUT, Virtually scarless natural FUE, In some cases an extra 4000 grafts from.beard/body hair (Which does in fact look natural mixed with existing hair), Now with up to 6000 + fue grafts available and 4000+ body hair grafts combined with SMP we can all at least have near enough a dense looking norwood 2 buzzcut.

Add the fact that future treatments (At least in actual maintenance) seem just around the corner, we are actually pretty fortunate to have been born during the only period on mankinds history where hair loss can be given the illusion of a full head of hair & potentially cured in the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The thing is, most of us aren't going to look good or even normal with a shaved head. How the hell do we move on with our lives with a shaved head when we are constantly reminded how sick or hideous we look?
    You talk apparently about balding guys with still a lot of hair left. For guys that have already advanced baldness (NW5+), shaving it down is the only viable option today. I am in the NW7 stage and I cut the hair that remains on my head down to 2 mm once a week. On the other hand, a friend of mine is NW6 and he prefers to leave his hair at 5-6 cm. Should I explain how "good" it looks at that length, especially with wind outside, and what comments he receives now and then?

and what is the use of H. transplants for people who cannot tolerate fin or minox?
    not to mention screwed up density if you are going to try to cover the entire top region

Minoxidil and finasteride are not mandatory before a hair transplant.

And seriously, if not allergic, who would not "tolerate" minoxidil?

I prefer "screwed up" density to a shiny chrome dome. Everyone has their preferences though.