+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tommy e View Post
    I saw my ex gf on the street and she approached me asking if i have some disease... at least she didn't laugh, ****ing bitch

i just want to be emotionally stable... i can't have less hair than now, right?
    Damn, that is just messed up. That is the main reason right there why most of us don't just shave it off. Yes, it would be much easier to stop treatments, shave our heads, and move on with our lives. The thing is, most of us aren't going to look good or even normal with a shaved head. How the hell do we move on with our lives with a shaved head when we are constantly reminded how sick or hideous we look?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    try fin first. Look into smaller dosage/working your way up from small dosage and then if sides are too bad, shave it to a buzz, it's really not that bad if you have some decent face features...
    Thanks but my logic is reversed here - persistant sides scare the life out of me.

Better to face the from reaper as a buzzed guy, see if I look ok and about the drug.

If I hate the look ill take the risk and roll the dice and take your advice...

I'm such a hypocrite tho I change my mind daily ..

OP we all feel for you, I can only wish you well, try and be strong . Your ex is a bitch, her tit's will sag and she'll have a fat arse one day.

i can't get RU from here. fin and minox give me sides.

nobody understands how hard it is, except a few guys on the internet, i can't handle it anymore... i'm done here.
    Peace brother. It's coming

Face the grim reaper*

It's no easy thing to deal with. If only I didn't give a crap about others opinions.

Shaving your head can give you 1-2 years IMO. If your fit you can pull just about anything off. If your overweight or underweight it's hard to do anything right. Picture to the right I shaved my head and I looked like an X-con so I just cut it short. IF I would have shaved my head when I looked like the left picture it wouldn't be as bad. I have a birthmark on the back of my head. It's actually a good conversation starter but gets annoying after awhile.

I'm posting this because if some of you guys would get in better shape this hairloss might not be that big of issue. I was 32 in this photo and I did a bootcamp routine for 2.5 months. I was doing 3, 1 hour sessions a week and being more active on the other days like mountain biking, hiking just active stuff. The rest was my diet, my trainer MADE me track my diet and gave me great advice (hiring a quality trainer is like hiring a quality surgeon, do your homework). I tracked in on livestrong. I'm familiar with fitness so I knew a good bit going into this. Fitness is a life style. I want to be fit to live, not live to be fit.

Glad you got away from that girl. Everyone should move away from people that act like that. This world is hard enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	testimonial.jpg

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	25190  

Hicks I actually think you look totally fine with it buzzed. Def suits you. If I were you id you stay fit like in the pic and shave it. Youd be laughing man. guarantee within a few months you would be used to it and just forget it.

Hopefully a treatment comes along in a few years. If not at least you didnt let life pass you by. Most women wise up after there early 20s and realize whats important in a real relationship.

Hope you get off here and NEVER post again

i know this isn't the correct sub-forum,
    but it was where i spend a lot of time lurking and being emotionally ****ed up.

It looks like shit.
    I'm 19, skinny and pale, it looks like i have cancer or someshit.

... see you in the other side guys, i wish you the best.
    I know how u feel. I started losing hair at 18 - I have a lot of men in my family with no genetic hairloss at all. I missed so many social events for about 5 years so kinda limited my fun from 19-25. I got an FUE @ 25 & had shit density. I was a norwood 3a which doesnt sound bad, but all the hairloss is in the front 3rd so u look super bald.

Last year I got SMP and shaved down (And actually got told by a girl that I looked like a cancer patient despite being relatively well built lol). Aside from that one (fairly unattractive girl) nobody had bad remarks and nobody had any idea it was a tattoo, I didnt look to be bald at all & for the most part nobody cared. I found picking up good looking girls to be no more difficult than when my hair didnt appear balding. I did however notice that when I was down in the dumps and didnt like my appearance I'd get no attention.

That being said I hated it. As of yesterday I rolled the dice and got a dense packed FUT with a top doc to take me back to a norwood 2.

I've also finally given in to taking fin+minox. In our situation I think its best to do what makes you happy, roll the dice if needs be to reclaim your youth and hope you can buy enough time for future treatments (At least in guaranteed maintenance) to hit the market in the next 5-10 (lol) years.

A FUT? In 2014? Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    A FUT? In 2014? Oh well...
    Yep - I've had an FUE already, virtually invisible scarring, shit density. Spent the last year with a shaved head & SMP - hated it. Now I'll have a scar but i'll also have the rest of my 20s with a full head of hair + I've dedicated the time to know within myself that i'll never be going super short again hence scar = irrelevant.

Sometimes you need to weigh up the pros and cons & with my hair at a number 4 right noweven with the stitches in the scar is barely visible.

In any case heres hoping the next 5 years gives us something to halt the progression of hairloss. That'll be a borderline cure.

2/25/2014: I did it, shaved it off, moving on!
    2/27/2014: Hair Loss Nightmare Nearly Over

LOL any one from the NYC era get out of a train because it's not moving and the doors aren't closing, and you gotta be somewhere at a certain time, so you get out of the train to switch to another train and as soon as you get out the train you were on, it closes and leaves! That has happened to me several times.

I think even if it's 10 years away, that's what you'd essentially be doing if you give up now with "something" better, cure or not, so close to coming out.