Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jens1986
    • May 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
    It still got shelved in the end. Nothing to be happy about.
    You are always so negative. It got shelved cus its not stable enough and/or they didnt think it was good enough for production, fin was allready on the marked and its easier to just take a pill. Its easy to get RU, and if it wasnt for Roussel Uclaf/ProStrakan we would not have RU as an option. Researhers/scientists are helping a lot of us, stop complaining about everything pls it just makes u look like a whiner. "omgomgomg if we were women this would have been fixed a long time ago, the world dont give a shit about men"

Comment

• thinning44
      • Jul 2014

Phase 2 for Samumed SM04554 now posted on clinicaltrials.gov. Multiple US sites listed, not yet recruiting, androgenetic alopecia.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Originally posted by thinning44
        Phase 2 for Samumed SM04554 now posted on clinicaltrials.gov. Multiple US sites listed, not yet recruiting, androgenetic alopecia.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351
        I'm very curious. We know the WNT/b-catenin pathway plays a immense role in hairloss. Hopefully this direct agonist of the WNT pathway will do a better job than minox for example as a growth agent.

Comment

• hgs1989
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
          I'm very curious. We know the WNT/b-catenin pathway plays a immense role in hairloss. Hopefully this direct agonist of the WNT pathway will do a better job than minox for example as a growth agent.
          it also play a role in the adipose cells differentiation: http://www.pnas.org/content/111/15/E1501.abstract

and we know that the fatty tissue ;required also for hair growth; on our scalps is thinning as we lose our hair.

Comment

• Boldy
            • Jan 2013

If i'm correct : wnt agonist works the same way as wnt's, they need the LRP5/6 + frizzled receptor to phosphorylze GSK3b, so that B-cetanin can be trans located to the nuclies, and genes such as tcf(important for hair growth), can be activated.

Now in aga we many inhibitors one of the is DKK1 which block the above mentioned receptor where wnt does its work. GSk3b inhibitors like vpa or more selective 6BIO , don't need the frizzeled + lrp5-6 receptors, it enters the cell, and immediately starts gsk3b phosphorylation of GSK3 that leads to b-cetanin accumulation and translocation to the nuclies(what we need). so it is a shortcut and it overrules the inhibitory effect of dkk1. it is why i believe that gsk3b inhibitors have more potential in vivo.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Boldy

If i stand correct: wnt agonist works the same way as wnt's, they need the LRP5/6 + frizzled receptor to phosphorylze GSK3b, so that B-cetanin can be trans located to the nuclies, and genes such as tcf(important for hair growth), can be activated.

now in aga we many inhibitors one of the is DKK1 which block the above mentioned receptor where wnt does its work. GSk3b inhibitors like vpa or more selective 6BIO , don't need the frizzeled + lrp5-6 receptors, it enters the cell, and immediately starts gsk3b phosphorylation of GSK3 that leads to b-cetanin accumulation and translocation to the nuclies(what we need). so it is a shortcut and it overrules the inhibitory effect of dkk1. it is why i believe that gsk3b inhibitors have more potential in vivo.
              Block DKK1 anyway along with DHT. I doubt full regrowth is possible but should be good for SOME reversal and at least long term maintenance.

Comment

• KO1
                • Jan 2012

Guys they will start having Phase 2 clinical trials. Let's get the word out so members of the community can participate. Maybe Spencer Kobren can look into giving this publicity.

Remember, you cannot be on any HL meds if you want to be part of the trial.

Comment

• Swooping
                  • May 2014

When will those clinical trials start? Would be great if someone from the board will sign up to it .

Comment

• Gjm127
                    • Mar 2012

This is great news! So now we have CB and SM in phase 2 trials. Replicel and Histogen still going at it. Good things on the way guys!

Hopefully SM keeps us up to date with the trials.

Comment

• KO1
                      • Jan 2012

Study is starting next month! Move fast!

Comment

• inbrugge
                        • Oct 2013

any promising results from their phase 1?

Comment

• KO1
                          • Jan 2012

Not much interest for this huh. Odd, given all the hate finasteride gets on this forum.

Comment

• Tenma
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by KO1
                            Not much interest for this huh. Odd, given all the hate finasteride gets on this forum.
                            I was thinking the same. This stuff seems to be our only chance to have a more than decent regrowth agent in the coming years.

Also the Phase II trial is recruiting 300 participants, which shows how well funded they are.

I recall reading somewhere they had some sort of agreement with Pfizer.

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

What's the agent/chemical thats the WNT agonist???

Comment

• rdawg
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by inbrugge
                                any promising results from their phase 1?
                                +1, where are the phase I results?

Comment

Working...