+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Seriously pathetic on the part of doctors and biotechs... slowest effing progress in any field I've ever seen.

Would you stop with that picture, after a hundred reposts, it kind of stops being funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Or get FUE and then SMP to enhance your results, and if you don't suffer from side effects, use dutasteride and also get on minoxidil.
    This is the most sensible remark in this thread. And as usual, it gets completely ignored. I guess a lot of people here are just addicted this feeling of hopelessness.

A combination of minoxidil, FUE, SMP, concealers and possibly beard grafts could probably "cure" 90% of hair loss sufferers. The 10% left being people like Joe from SI who will accept nothing less than getting their teen hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Would you stop with that picture, after a hundred reposts, it kind of stops being funny.
    No.

This is the most sensible remark in this thread. And as usual, it gets completely ignored. I guess a lot of people here are just addicted this feeling of hopelessness.

A combination of minoxidil, FUE, SMP, concealers and possibly beard grafts could probably "cure" 90% of hair loss sufferers. The 10% left being people like Joe from SI who will accept nothing less than getting their teen hair back.

Really? We should just settle with bullshit workarounds?

How are they bullshit? These solutions are real, available, now.

I know you dream of a complete miracle cure, but it's not going to happen. Improvements, sure, I believe they'll come. Pilofocus, better regrowth agents than minoxidil, possibly donor regeneration.

Spencer often talks about the dark age of hair loss, when there was nothing available. I truly believe we are entering a golden age, it might seem overly optimistic but I see it that way. My father with his wig on his head is thrilled by what we have available today, even minoxidil impresses him a lot. In his time (the 80's), there was absolutely nothing.

You should be grateful for what we have instead of moaning that there is nothing out there to help us.

How are they bullshit? These solutions are real, available, now.

I know you dream of a complete miracle cure, but it's not going to happen. Improvements, sure, I believe they'll come. Pilofocus, better regrowth agents than minoxidil, possibly donor regeneration.

Spencer often talks about the dark age of hair loss, when there was nothing available. I truly believe we are entering a golden age, it might seem overly optimistic but I see it that way. My father with his wig on his head is thrilled by what we have available today, even minoxidil impresses him a lot. In his time (the 80's), there was absolutely nothing.

You should be grateful for what we have instead of moaning that there is nothing out there to help us.
    LOL @ you praising these stone age solutions.

FUE is far too costly(I'm around an NW3 and Fue to even somewhat get me back to 0 would cost me 14000)

now if you are in your late 20's or 30's and bring in 80+ thousand a year then sure, but as a student it's just not an option.

Fut just has an unbearable scar although it is much cheaper(6-7000)

so really my only option is to wait for an affordable drug, because minoxidil and propecia only cost me about 120 bucks a year.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    LOL @ you praising these stone age solutions.
    Classic one line response when you have no counter argument.

He appreciates what there is instead of moaning what there isn't but not doing anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    No.

Really? We should just settle with bullshit workarounds?
    Settle? I don't think settling is on anyone's list. Let me put it this way, we don't have crap in the pipeline. Everyone has a certain amount of hair and everyone will deal with it in their own way, shave,rugs, concealers, HT or nothing.
    Bitch all you want but can't live the way we always want. Hoping does not hurt either. When we have chromosome/gene mapping technology you do have to wonder why we can't all live with hair on our head and not our balls.

Spencer often talks about the dark age of hair loss, when there was nothing available. I truly believe we are entering a golden age, it might seem overly optimistic but I see it that way.
    We're still in dark ages..
    We only have two effective treatments that slow down hairloss.. For more than 25 years..

I am not expecting a cure, not at all.. just a better treatment.. but i am losing more hair as time goes by (i am norwood 3), so future treatments won't really help me..

Btw, Histogen still didn't start the FDA process, The Phase 1/2a they did was in Asia not USA... So Zeiring was right when he said it will take at least 7 years at least.. (at best case).. by the time i would be totally bald, and it will be beyond help..

I don't think you'll have to preform the whole clinical trial process in the US in order to get FDA approvement. And did they really preform phase 1/2a in Asia? I thought all the people with the results looked caucasian.

Ziering's (if it was him, and not his employee) answer was really vague. In the first part of the answer, was he talking about Histogen or starting another therapy from scratch? And in the second part, was he reffering to Histogen's result's or PRP results?