Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by TwoInchCircle
    I agree and disagree. Maybe a good balance between acceptance and a fighting spirit is far more productive. Maybe going on RU for maintenance while giving the head a shave is the best option. That way, you're accepting this bullshit plague, but you're also saving what you have for future treatments.

I find the zen, middle ground is often the best answer to most of life's questions; a little bit of both.

But besides all that, did anyone really have faith in Hitogen anymore? I certainly didn't. Any progress is good progress, but Histogen haven't done anything in so long! I'm FAR more interested in things like CB, RU and Pilofocus. Follica also deserves a shout out.
    Actually wondering if they pulled the plug because it sounds like this was a one time treatment, meaning that HT would eventually become obsolete.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

his comment from Ziering leads me to more question than answers

he's essentially saying:
      The product works and even better than we thought but we have no intention or plans to continue trials?

wtf is that?

At least give us the reason, is it funding? is it production problems? is it research issues?

Comment

• ryan555
        • Oct 2010

I would be cautious in taking this as fact. First off, this is almost certainly written by an employee of Dr. Ziering, not the Doctor himself, and I doubt that his employees are kept up to date on the trial plans of Histogen. Second, this post has a promotional quality to it, as in "come on down and get you some PRP." It's possible that the person who posted it doesn't really know and is just trying to drum up some business. Third, they did not say Histogen was not moving forward, they said there are no more patient groups planned. This could simply mean that there are not plans to do another physician sponsored trial and Ziering's office.

Comment

• The Alchemist
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kissmyscalp
          We are f*cked.

Pilox, Histogen, CB, Folica >> FAIL !

Follica has recently hired a new CEO, Neal Walker. I was fearing they might be closing shop after seeing William Ju step down from the CEO position. I think that's a very positive indicator for them. At the very least, they're still kicking.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ryan555
            I would be cautious in taking this as fact. First off, this is almost certainly written by an employee of Dr. Ziering, not the Doctor himself, and I doubt that his employees are kept up to date on the trial plans of Histogen. Second, this post has a promotional quality to it, as in "come on down and get you some PRP." It's possible that the person who posted it doesn't really know and is just trying to drum up some business. Third, they did not say Histogen was not moving forward, they said there are no more patient groups planned. This could simply mean that there are not plans to do another physician sponsored trial and Ziering's office.
            Very good point.

They also are more likely to talk about the FDA as they are responsible for the US release.

Comment

• DifferentLine
              • Feb 2013

Has anyone e-mailed Histogen? It would be nice for some clarification.

Comment

• BoSox
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by kissmyscalp
                We are f*cked.

Pilox, Histogen, CB, Folica >> FAIL !
                Follica = Fail? Please link me to statement saying they are done.

Comment

• HairBane
                  • Apr 2013

When he says 'there isn't a plan to create more study groups' - do you think he means that the candidates for the IIb study have already been selected (the 'groups'), meaning that he was responding to the guy as if he was asking to partake in the trials? I hate vague communication. Also I agree with the point about this sounding sales-y, the responder immediately shut down the Histogen conversation, made it sound decades away, and then presented them with an alternative that they can have now.. at their clinic, for a fee.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Ryan is right.

PRP/acell is not even close to what histogens potential is, and IMO a big waste of money.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by HairBane
                      Good question. It seems like he's talking about PRP and ACell with that comment. I think HSC started trials earlier than 2011, no?

I know he's the lead researcher for the Histogen trials, but maybe he doesn't have all the info about upcoming trials. Like, maybe they'll plan it and do all the paperwork before they get him involved. So he could just be saying he hasn't been told about any 'plans' just yet. He has his own business and is busy full-time with that, Histogen is a side-thing for him. And yes, maybe he's saying it'll be years before it's available in the west, as he probably assumes most people won't fly to Singapore to get the injections.

So perhaps it's not such terrible news, and things are pretty much as they were - it all hinges on whether Histogen have phase 2b plans in the works right now. If they don't - WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING RIGHT NOW?
                      They are mastering the art of incompetence. My god... these biotechs have got to be embarrassed for their pathetic performance.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Scientalk56
                        Now, i am happier.. because i know the truth..

Histogen was supposed to come after "phase 2b" in asia in 2015, and in USA 2016-2017..

But the reality is different, and since there's no treatment is going to be out in 10 years.. i decided:

1. Shave my head
                        2. Stop visiting this forum

and live happily every after..

Acceptance is what we need..
                        Or get FUE and then SMP to enhance your results, and if you don't suffer from side effects, use dutasteride and also get on minoxidil.

Comment

• Cob984
                          • Sep 2012

so is acell/prp worth it? i dont mind flying anywhere on the planet if i can stop my loss for 1-2 years w/o antiandrogens

Comment

• Sogeking
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Cob984
                            so is acell/prp worth it? i dont mind flying anywhere on the planet if i can stop my loss for 1-2 years w/o antiandrogens
                            If ti were it would already have been touted as effective on this forum. Unfortunately nothing so far.

This news about Histogen is depressing, release date was supposed to be in 2016. Sigh.

I should just shave it off and move on, but I can't...

Comment

• greatjob!
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                              They are mastering the art of incompetence. My god... these biotechs have got to be embarrassed for their pathetic performance.
                              You're basically just a troll at this point

Comment

• JJJJrS
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
                                I should just shave it off and move on, but I can't...
                                Find a way to deal with it whether that's acceptance, a buzzcut or shaving it off. I did it recently, and although it isn't perfect, it's the best thing you can do if you have hairloss. If a treatment comes out in the near future, it will still be great, but you won't be desperate or consumed by it anymore. Don't suspend your life waiting for a cure.

Comment

Working...