REDPILL: If you're not on some type of antiandrogen...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMS
    • Dec 2012

REDPILL: If you're not on some type of antiandrogen...

And I'm talking fin, dut or Ru you don' t deserve hair loss (no one does) but god damn you're pretty much asking for it.

You're delusional if you're waiting for some next gen treatment that will likely never come.
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

agreed, I'm just waiting for the right vehicle for CB and ill be adding that on top of Fin+Min that I already use. I have very aggressive hairloss, so fin only maintains really.

Comment

• JJJJrS
      • Apr 2012

That's fine and all but a lot of us don't want to play Russian roulette with our hormones. I'd rather live with hair loss than sexual side effects.

Comment

• TwoInchCircle
        • Jul 2013

Tomorrow's the Cosmo presentation. I'm hoping that there's a chance they'll give us a vehicle. If they don't, I'm hopping on RU+Minox. I'm convinced CB is what's gonna save me, but unless we get a working vehicle soon, I gotta go with what we have now.

It's a sad state of affairs, this whole industry. I will admit that the future looks bright, but I'm still disappointed in where we all are now. The fact that RU was shelved years ago and CB for acne gets precedence are ridiculous.

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

I went HAM and NUKED the **** out of my MPB.

Dut, RU, Minox, CB.

I STRONGLY suggest fin at the VERY FIRST signs of hairloss.

I really think once the switch flips and DHT starts attacking you, it becomes increasingly harder to save your hair. I'd bet if you hopped on fin even a bit before you were destined to start going bald, you may never lose it or at least buy a lot of time. Once DHT hits though it's a cascade affect and many other things come into play.

Comment

• HairBeWithYou
            • Nov 2013

It's tough for those of us who have experienced side effects with 5ar inhibition.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by LMS
              And I'm talking fin, dut or Ru you don' t deserve hair loss (no one does) but god damn you're pretty much asking for it.

You're delusional if you're waiting for some next gen treatment that will likely never come.

LMS, My new favorite poster.

Yeahyeahyeah is now second.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by HairBeWithYou
                It's tough for those of us who have experienced side effects with 5ar inhibition.
                At least you tried something. You got these "fin is poison" people that just regurgitate the same garbage they read online, discouraging guys from trying to help themselves, who never even tried the drug.

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                  At least you tried something. You got these "fin is poison" people that just regurgitate the same garbage they read online, discouraging guys from trying to help themselves, who never even tried the drug.
                  Yea I really dont understand the people that dont at least try it.

I havent seen anyone that couldn't get over the effects once they got off it, Chrisis was probably the worst(and was an exceptional case) but I believe even he went back to normal after around 6 months or so.

Comment

• rdawg
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TwoInchCircle
                    Tomorrow's the Cosmo presentation. I'm hoping that there's a chance they'll give us a vehicle. If they don't, I'm hopping on RU+Minox. I'm convinced CB is what's gonna save me, but unless we get a working vehicle soon, I gotta go with what we have now.

It's a sad state of affairs, this whole industry. I will admit that the future looks bright, but I'm still disappointed in where we all are now. The fact that RU was shelved years ago and CB for acne gets precedence are ridiculous.
                    RU and Fin have very similar side effects.

Personally if I cant use CB, i'd add RU on top of Fin if you dont get any side effects.

Comment

• HairBeWithYou
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                      Yup, try I did. My body, for whatever reason, just cannot seem to adjust to the drug. I even tried topical fin, but I continued to suffer sides. However, I would definitely encourage people who have never tried it out of fear to give it a shot, especially if you have decent coverage and want to maintain it. If you're not one of the unlucky few who suffer sides you can expect for it to make a big difference in helping maintain what you have and possibly even give you some regrowth. My only advice would be to listen to your body when taking fin. If you start to get sides, give yourself a week to two weeks off the drug and then start again at a low dosage. Start low, go slow.

Comment

• HairBeWithYou
                        • Nov 2013

Sucks that we don't have any other options though. I really envy those of you who are able to use fin and dut without sides. It's tough to watch your hair fall out and not be able to do anything about it.

Comment

• locke999
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HairBeWithYou
                          Yup, try I did. My body, for whatever reason, just cannot seem to adjust to the drug. I even tried topical fin, but I continued to suffer sides. However, I would definitely encourage people who have never tried it out of fear to give it a shot, especially if you have decent coverage and want to maintain it. If you're not one of the unlucky few who suffer sides you can expect for it to make a big difference in helping maintain what you have and possibly even give you some regrowth. My only advice would be to listen to your body when taking fin. If you start to get sides, give yourself a week to two weeks off the drug and then start again at a low dosage. Start low, go slow.
                          I am not too sure about this. I have also tried fin and have also had side effects. I really think that the amount of people who get side effects are much more than just a "few" but people who actually suffer LONG TERM side effects is very little.

However, I don't understand the idea of tapering onto a drug that has given you side effects. It feels like to me that if you have suffered side effects, taking very little of the drug would also give you unnoticeable side effects which can still be harmful to your body over the long term.

However, I definitely agree that for those who have not tried fin, you should definitely try it.

Comment

• beetee
                            • Nov 2013

What about the shed? Please give details about if this happens, how severe it is, how long it lasts...

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                              • Apr 2011

To those who are taking Fin, are you taking 1/4 pill every other day or are there people who are taking it every day? I still don't think Fin is doing much for me after all these years and I'm thinking to up the dose but I'd like to know if others have tried that.

Comment

Working...