Threaded View

Default Very Aggressive Hair Loss at 18 with no sign of genetics?

I first noticed my hair loss at the age of 15 and it has become significantly worse over the last year, i am about to turn 19 in 2 months. On one side of my head i am almost bald and diffuse thinning all over with the rest of my head no where near as bad but getting there gradually. Over the last month or two as my hair has gotten long, I have also noticed significant thinning on the sides too. What is interesting is that I dont get it why it is happening to me, my Dad is 55 and his hair is thinning but only the last couple of years. I saw his wedding photo from when he was 37 years old and he had a great thick head of hair. My mothers hair has thinned slightly over the last 2 years and is in her forties but she suffers from medical conditions and has been on different medications for a number of years now. Not a single person in my family on both sides is bald except my maternal granduncle who went bald in his late thirties- early forties. My paternal grandfather died with a full head of hair and my maternal grandfather has only suffered hair loss which is normal as part of the ageing process. My paternal uncles have suffered similar hair loss to my Dad and my maternal uncles have full heads of hair. Likewise My cousins on both sides all have full heads of hair. Nobody in my family has ever went bald so young but yet here i am in this doomed position. I would be interested in hearing peoples opinions on this