+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Leemanuel, glad it went well, very encouraging to hear! Where did you finally decide to have the grafts placed? Does the sedative send you to sleep and which part of it did you feel any discomfort?

c21 i use propecia as it is and a hair strengthening shampoo, but not minox out of personal preference and i have not had any sides so i have been lucky! Its also my plan to carry on the same routine after the procedure!

Hi

I decided to have all the grafts in the frontal area, Dr Krishnan was very supportive of the use of propecia and minoxidil for my crown, he said they work well there.

The sedative was diazepam, being honest I was aware of what was happening, cutting/positioning etc, but it was all bearable. I managed to watch one film, but never got my phone or ipad out. Had a couple of breaks to use the loo and eat.

To be fair the time went pretty quickly, I'm now at the stage where it's a waiting game - will I shed, when will I shed, M I shedding or are the grafts falling out

I've found its been more of a drain than I expected, I kinda thought it would all be ok after a few days and I'd be back at work, but being realistic and wanting to look after myself, I'm going to be taking 14-21 days out from work.

My scaring at the back look absolutely amazing given that it's only day 5.

Quote Originally Posted by leemanuel View Post
    I might go for frontal only and have a year on Fin, then reassess from there.

Will speak with Dr Krishnan to see what he thinks too.
    Good idea...that is what I did, then jumped on Fin and Minox. I can truly say my crown has improved 100% compared to pre-fin and minox.

I'm glad I didn't waste many grafts in the crown, I think they put about 100 grafts in the crown, but it worked, there is no visible skin now when my hair is normal length, meaning a haircut above the ears, like my old avatar photo.

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    c21 i use propecia as it is and a hair strengthening shampoo, but not minox out of personal preference and i have not had any sides so i have been lucky! Its also my plan to carry on the same routine after the procedure!
    I'm really tempted to give propecia a chance. If I didn't read online & purely listened to the numerous consultations I had, I would have taken it straight away without any thought.

Dr Krishnan was actually the first Dr to tell me not to take it as me & the Mrs have plans to start a family soon. I may wait until afterwards and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by leemanuel View Post

To be fair the time went pretty quickly, I'm now at the stage where it's a waiting game - will I shed, when will I shed, M I shedding or are the grafts falling out

I've found its been more of a drain than I expected, I kinda thought it would all be ok after a few days and I'd be back at work, but being realistic and wanting to look after myself, I'm going to be taking 14-21 days out from work.

My scaring at the back look absolutely amazing given that it's only day 5.
    I didn't realise some people don't shed from the recipient area? I thought it was a given to go through the 'ugly duckling phase' and the grafts to start growing from the roots after around 4 months?

I've only got 13 days off work.. I've opted for FUE so hopefully that will trim down the recovery a bit. The post op redness is my biggest concern though. I don't think I'll have the guts to walk into work on Day 13 if it's bright red!

Did you choose to pay for the graphicyte pack? I've heard its quiet effective and helps with the recovery. How have you found the post op routine with remembering what to do and at what times? I've had to save a few website links to help remind me on which days I'll be able to start showering properly with a bit more rigorous shampooing!

Ok, thought I should put some more pics up.

Am still pretty sore, it's a week post op now, I did take the graft care pack - copper bandages and spray, to be honest I thought it would just be a gimmick of overpriced crap, but it does seem to have aided healing, so yep I'd recommend it.

Still no major shedding that I've noticed, but will keep you all posted.

This was me just before going into surgery, you can clearly see my "problem area"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25092  

This was after surgery was completed.

BTW should I be able to add multiple images? I can only seem to add 1 at a time?

Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	25093  
    Last edited by leemanuel; 02-21-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Image

The day after surgery

Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	25094  

This was 2 days after surgery