Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokemeakipper
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Scraff
    Yeah today was my first day back at work today. Nobody noticed or said a word about me having shaved my head. I think the conservative receding hairline really helped..

Anxiously awaiting the shed now! Does it gradually happen or will it all just go in one shower, or wake up one morning with half a scalp on my pillow!?
    Hi scruff,
    I got your update on the old thread. Congratulations, I can imagine it's a massive relief who've had it done.

So how are you as of today? Have you managed to keep it quiet from everyone at work on a whole?

It looks amazing so far on your last photo, no signs of surgery at all.

I've not progressed since seeing Dr Bisanga in May. Still in the worrying phase about the recovery time.

All the best, well done

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by joely
      I have an office but im only in it for half an hour t the start and end of ach shift, front looks ok just stubbly, wasn't to bad going back I decided just to be honest with people and tell them, they said from the front it just looks like iv shaved my head, few people were asking questions though about having a big bald patch at the bak where before I went of it was full (concealer)
      Hi joely,

How long post op are you now? What's the situation with any signs of post op surgery?

As I mentioned above I went to see Dr Bisanga in May and I am ready to book up but really concerned about the recovery stage? That's the only thing putting me off.

But in a way the earlier I get it done whilst I still have hair then the less obvious it'll be I suppose.

I don't think I'm prepared to do it unless I can have approx 4 to 6 weeks off? What's your thought on that time frame?

Do you have more photos? Is there another thread?

All the best

Comment

• joely
        • Sep 2011

Smokemeakipper, I am now five weeks out my crown is still obviously red, but it has gone down, at this rate id suggest it will proably be around another two weeks before its completely gone, temples are still red to, but the top 1/3 of my head its all gone, I think it depends how well you heal, some people are clear in a week, its annoying as hell but its just how I heel and nothing I can do about it.

4-6 weeks I imagine would be enough for most people it depends on how well you heal, how much hair you have to hide it and if you use anything like concealers ect, Are you having strip or fue with DR Bisanga? his results always look spot on so you definatley chose a good doctor.

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
          • Mar 2013

Smokemeakipper, I am now five weeks out my crown is still obviously red, but it has gone down, at this rate id suggest it will proably be around another two weeks before its completely gone, temples are still red to, but the top 1/3 of my head its all gone, I think it depends how well you heal, some people are clear in a week, its annoying as hell but its just how I heel and nothing I can do about it.

4-6 weeks I imagine would be enough for most people it depends on how well you heal, how much hair you have to hide it and if you use anything like concealers ect, Are you having strip or fue with DR Bisanga? his results always look spot on so you definatley chose a good doctor.
          I'm looking at fue. Approx 2500 to the front third. I'll have to be shaved, but I like to think that because I do still have some hair in that area, that even after 3 or 4 weeks post op there should be some native hair regrowth to help conceal any redness etc.

In an ideal world I'd take 6 to 8 weeks off work and do some travelling after the op has healed. Then I've got an excuse for me off etc, plus that amount of time off allows for any issues such as been red longer than normal.

Otherwise, I can get 3 weeks off if I planned it but I just don't think this would be long enough. At least not long enough to make me feel confident doing it.

I read lots of people saying that there's no signs of the op after 2 or 3 weeks, but in reality the photos I've seen on here people are needing up to two months before all signs have gone.

I'll be interested to see how you get on

Cheers

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
            • Mar 2013

I think I might have a consultation with Dr Krishnan after your and scraffs comments.

The uk doctors do seem to get a lot of stick on here which is why I looked abroad. But after yours and scraffs photos it looks as good as any other doctor.

All the best

Comment

• leemanuel
              • May 2013

Originally posted by Smokemeakipper
              I'm looking at fue. Approx 2500 to the front third. I'll have to be shaved, but I like to think that because I do still have some hair in that area, that even after 3 or 4 weeks post op there should be some native hair regrowth to help conceal any redness etc.

In an ideal world I'd take 6 to 8 weeks off work and do some travelling after the op has healed. Then I've got an excuse for me off etc, plus that amount of time off allows for any issues such as been red longer than normal.

Otherwise, I can get 3 weeks off if I planned it but I just don't think this would be long enough. At least not long enough to make me feel confident doing it.

I read lots of people saying that there's no signs of the op after 2 or 3 weeks, but in reality the photos I've seen on here people are needing up to two months before all signs have gone.

I'll be interested to see how you get on

Cheers

I'm 2.5 months post surgery with Dr Krishnan - the front has settled down, but I'd say allow a good couple of months

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by leemanuel
                I'm 2.5 months post surgery with Dr Krishnan - the front has settled down, but I'd say allow a good couple of months
                Does it really take long? How long before you could disguise any work leemanuel? Or last it literally taken until this point?

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
                  • Mar 2013

The unshaven fue method would be ideal but I can only find one place in the uk that does it. It's a unknown female Dr with little post op evidence.

I feel Dr Bisanga seems a good bet for me at the moment

Comment

• leemanuel
                    • May 2013

Does it really take long? How long before you could disguise any work leemanuel? Or last it literally taken until this point?

I swelled pretty bad, so it was kinda obvious for the first month, then it was just very red and sore looking on top.

I had FUT so when I have my head shaved down short it's very obvious, but I'm sure the scar will fade over the years.

Comment

• Scraff
                      • Apr 2014

Hi scruff,
                      I got your update on the old thread. Congratulations, I can imagine it's a massive relief who've had it done.

So how are you as of today? Have you managed to keep it quiet from everyone at work on a whole?

It looks amazing so far on your last photo, no signs of surgery at all.

I've not progressed since seeing Dr Bisanga in May. Still in the worrying phase about the recovery time.

All the best, well done
                      For me personally I used to be a compulsive worrier! I used to worry if I had nothing to worry about! So I know exactly where you are coming from!

Although genuinely, once I'd had it done the worrying just went and turned into excitement that I'd finally done it. Up until day 7-8 when you have the scabs you think there's no way I can go back to work but on day 8+ it just got better and better.

The best advice I could give is get your hair cut shorter and shorter each time at the barbers over several sittings and when you need to cut the sides short for surgery after 2 weeks off work it's was a good grade 2 / 2.5 so it doesn't look drastic at all.

One thing I've realised is nobody pays as much attention to your head as much as yourself. Before going back to work I tried to think of several colleagues hairlines and if they were receding or thinning in certain areas and I couldn't. So flip it around & think after 2/3 weeks off work they would remember your hairline

Comment

• Scraff
                        • Apr 2014

Just over 3 weeks post op now and I've been shedding since Monday. These forums are awesome as for an absolute novice I'd have been calling up the clinic saying its all gone wrong as I'm getting loads of small hairs falling out! But thanks of the research i know it's all good!

I was actually quiet happy that they were falling out (as much as I'll miss the thicker head of hair appearance) as I know it's the next stage in the process and I'm one step closer to getting them back!

The redness definitely peeps through more as I shed more, although not one person has commented at work, and I work with about 300 people so it's not horrendous. It just looks a bit sunburnt but it's only red under harsh lighting.

I'll post some pics the weekend but there probably won't be anything else to report on for a little while now.

Comment

• leemanuel
                          • May 2013

We'll guys I've hit the three month stage

Crap bit - I look no different other than a scar around the back of my head
                          I'm sure it's a waiting game, was noticing improvement, but I've shreds a fair bit now so it looks same as pre op.

I need to check my paperwork for when Zeiring need to seem my progress, am sure it's coming up.

But disillusioned at this stage :-/

Comment

• Scraff
                            • Apr 2014

Strangely enough I've just been reading Spex's post about his recent HT & a video on his site refers to post op waiting times. Definitely worth a watch if your struggling with the growth rate!

I've shed a bit and only 3 weeks out. I think the regaine has sped it up actually as that would make my 'normal' hair shed at the best of times!

Comment

• joely
                              • Sep 2011

I'm sure it's a waiting game, was noticing improvement, but I've shreds a fair bit now so it looks same as pre op.

I need to check my paperwork for when Zeiring need to seem my progress, am sure it's coming up.

Have you phoned ziering to ask if that's normail, in sure at three months you were supposed to see early signs of growth! I think my follow ups were 5/9/12 Months!

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
                                • Mar 2013

How are you healing wise at 3 months? Is anything noticeable or are you just back to how you looked pre-op? Apart from the scar

Comment

Working...