X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Joseph F. Greco
    Ph.D
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by brentipold
    Okay thank you Dr. Greco, that clears things up a bit. Ive already had the treatment with Dr. Feller about 6 weeks ago. I just wanted a better explination as to why It might not works. Thanks again for answering my questions.
    Not all PRP is the same in that there are various ways PRP can be processed and different techniques of treatment (for instance stimulation of the scalp varies). I like the roller to stimulate the scalp and have been doing that the past two years. It can both stimulate and be used as a delivery device during the procedure and after ( for application of Rogaine for instance) by the patient.

You can have 1- Platelet Rich Plasma, 2- Concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, 3-Platelet Rich Plasma with concentrated Protein Enriched Plasma, 4- PRP with filtered RBC's, 5-Leukocyte rich PRP, 6- Leukocyte poor PRP, 6- pure cytokines (GF's) without RBC's, WBC's or platelets ( where the GF's were activated and removed from the platelets). So you see not all PRP is the same, it can be processed in different ways to achieve a desired result and we use it in many different ways.

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
      Ph.D
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by glennaz
      Where can one go to find a treatment facility in the Pacific Northwest?
      I'm sorry glennaz I do not know of anyone yet. JG

Comment

• mikey79
        • Jan 2009

All this looks very interesting. Now is this process (if it works on you) a permanent regrowth, or is it just a temporary solution to a long term problem?

Comment

• mikey79
          • Jan 2009

opps forgot, is this available in Canada anywhere?

Comment

• someone uk
            • Sep 2009

hi, i just want to ask
            firstly does PRP produce new hair follucles or reverse the process of already regressed hair (ie vellus hair and dormant hair become terminal)

and secondly i noticed PRP when dr robert jones did administered it to himself in Canada
            he used dr greco's technique and said only 1 in 36 of his patients responded to the treatment, now i know we can't say we have perfected PRP, we have only just started using it but i want to ask if you have had better results?

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
              Ph.D
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by someone uk
              hi, i just want to ask
              firstly does PRP produce new hair follucles or reverse the process of already regressed hair (ie vellus hair and dormant hair become terminal)

and secondly i noticed PRP when dr robert jones did administered it to himself in Canada
              he used dr greco's technique and said only 1 in 36 of his patients responded to the treatment, now i know we can't say we have perfected PRP, we have only just started using it but want to ask if you have had better results?
              Hi someone, PRP GF's will work on the non transplanted. By increasing vascularization to the follicle three different independent studies demonstrate the follicle will get bigger.

That is quite different than our experience the past two years in both hair surgery and in our study and experience. First, how were patients evaluated by Dr Jones because a placebo would produce better than one in thirty six. I do not know what type of patients were treated and what expectations were given to those patients? The best patients are those just beginning to thin, patients who experience excess shedding or patients who have side effects to FDA approved medicines.

Not all PRP is the same in that there are various ways PRP can be processed and different techniques of treatment (for instance stimulation of the scalp varies) injection techniques also vary. As you may or may not know we use a patented formula of PRP plus a highly concentrated protein matrix that Dr Jones does not use.

Does everyone have positive results? No, just as Propecia and Rogaine We have had and continue to have positive results with this experimental, but safe therapy and we are learning more each day. Again this therapy was never intended to replace any FDA therapy, but has evolved as an adjunctive therapy for those individuals who choose it. Infusing autologus GF's and protein into scalp and stimulation is safe and produce positive results in the proper patient population.

Comment

• ThinningGuy
                • Sep 2009

Dr. Greco, two questions:

1. Is there any sort of 'local trauma' to existing hair follicles when using the 'brush' device, that may cause fallout of those hairs?

2. Is there any progress with someone on the west coast of the U.S. offering PRP therapy?

Thanks.

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
                  Ph.D
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThinningGuy
                  Dr. Greco, two questions:

1. Is there any sort of 'local trauma' to existing hair follicles when using the 'brush' device, that may cause fallout of those hairs?

2. Is there any progress with someone on the west coast of the U.S. offering PRP therapy?
                  Thanks.
                  Thank you ThinningGuy. I like to call it local "stimulation" rather than trauma. We use a micro needling roller 1mm depth for scalp stimulation. There is always a chance that if you stimulate with to aggressively you can cause some temporary hair loss, but in over two years we have not had one patient have fall out from the treatment, in fact, most patients feel that within a few weeks after the stimulation and GF's infusion they have less shedding.

I do not know of anyone on the west coast at this time, but if you are interested you can call my office as we offer a fly-in discount.

Comment

• ThinningGuy
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco
                    Thank you ThinningGuy. I like to call it local "stimulation" rather than trauma. We use a micro needling roller 1mm depth for scalp stimulation. There is always a chance that if you stimulate with to aggressively you can cause some temporary hair loss, but in over two years we have not had one patient have fall out from the treatment, in fact, most patients feel that within a few weeks after the stimulation and GF's infusion they have less shedding.

I do not know of anyone on the west coast at this time, but if you are interested you can call my office as we offer a fly-in discount.
                    Thank you for the information.

Comment

• Frenchy
                      • Oct 2009

Hi and thanks for all information.

We from Europe also follow this new technique....Stated that it is safe and not so expensive why not try...but do u offer this technique in Europe ?Or have you heard about a Doctor who will offer it ? Apparently only Dc Mwamba if u know begun some trials on specific patients...
                      Thanks a lot

Comment

• brentipold
                        • Sep 2009

I believe Dr. Feller will be offering PRP in England...

Comment

• cas8180
                          • Oct 2009

Hello Dr Greco,
                          I was reading through this thread and watching your videos and find them very interesting as a possible alternative to a more common technique like a hair transplant the whole thought of cutting a chunk of my scalp and dicing up my folicules and relocating them in my head with a fine needle for a couple of hours just leave me very uneasy. However my question to is I am in my late 20's and and starting to thin in the front of my scalp and noticibly starting to crown. Would and could this type of theraply increase the density and help with my thinking process? Is it even possible that something like this could help restore my hairline? I noticed that the cost of treatmeant appeared realitively inexpensive when compared to other more common treatments. Do you know what it would cost for the kind of treatment I am mentioning?

thanks
                          -Will

Comment

• GoodFellas
                            • Jan 2010

So when would this be ready for the public?

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
                              Ph.D
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cas8180
                              Hello Dr Greco,
                              I was reading through this thread and watching your videos and find them very interesting as a possible alternative to a more common technique like a hair transplant the whole thought of cutting a chunk of my scalp and dicing up my folicules and relocating them in my head with a fine needle for a couple of hours just leave me very uneasy. However my question to is I am in my late 20's and and starting to thin in the front of my scalp and noticibly starting to crown. Would and could this type of theraply increase the density and help with my thinking process? Is it even possible that something like this could help restore my hairline? I noticed that the cost of treatmeant appeared realitively inexpensive when compared to other more common treatments. Do you know what it would cost for the kind of treatment I am mentioning?

thanks
                              -Will
                              Thanks for your question. Infusing GF's with this therapy will not replace the frontal hairline and at this time hair restoration surgery is the gold standard. While we have seen some fine hairs in the frontal hair line darken and thicken, they were existing hairs. At this point, there are no shortcuts restoring the frontal hairline.

Comment

• hdude46
                                • Aug 2009

Dr Greco,

I see you havent updated your blog at all recently, do u plan to do so soon? Also how did the prp study at the vatican go? thanks!

Comment

Working...