I'm a bodybuilder. It's ok to use steroids after a HT?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by topcat
    Why someone would purposely mess with their endocrine system and risk cancer or some other disease while they watch their balls shrivel up is beyond me but hey we all like what we like.
    What pisses me of the most is that as a bald and skinny guy, there will always be people (including my ex-girlfriends) who will tell me "why don't you enrol in a gym? Don't you want to look like Vin Diesel?" like it's something completely natural that can happen in a few months if I want it bad enough. Then they tell me I have no motivation and that I'm lazy. How can people still believe that folks shaped like Woody Allen can look like Vin Diesel if they are "motivated" is beyond me. I've enrolled in a gym and I'm glad a professional has been honest with me: "Some people just can't get results without steroids".

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

With proper nutrition, rest, and patience, you can get results. And I agree that we are all individuals and not all of us are going to be able to attain the mass and strength that others can.

Yet I do believe that most people can make a significant difference over the long term. You're correct in that it will not happen in the immediate term without using a superficial approach. This is true with just about every discipline of life.

Continued use of steroids over the long term is extremely dangerous so persistence, dedication, and patience is what will payoff in the long term and obviously also beneficial to one's health.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• topcat
        • May 2009

There is way too much to write on the subject at hand here. But I will say this about motivation. You can look at any before and after picture of a Marine Corp recruit and then you will understand what is possible in 12 weeks or so when motivation is forced upon you. The fact is most severely lack self motivation and self discipline. It is a conditioned habit that comes with time. For instance posting to these forums requires very little time but does require discipline and motivation. Just a quick thought written just as fast and hitting the reply button. It makes for good writing practice where you can judge how well you write quickly and looking for all the errors in grammar, punctuation and the ability of the reader to even comprehend what you have written. But how many people do it on a regular basis, not many simply because it’s too much work as the time involved is insignificant so time would be a poor excuse.

The people that lack self motivation are the same people that don’t wash their dishes, clean their house, look the other way when there is work to be done or just generally put off until tomorrow what can be done today. It is a learned behavior and it becomes part of who they are. So if a person lacks the motivation to put in the required effort to wash a dish they usually will never stick to a workout program. But somehow those same people often find the time and motivation to sit in front of the boob tube.

I always tell people walk around the block once a day for about 4 weeks. When you can make that a habit then you will be ready to move on to step number 2.

To be good at anything requires consistent effort and accumulated knowledge. I do a lot of iron body training and when I’m training at the gym I always have my favorite wood wall and metal plate I like to slam a closed fist into repeatedly. I always have people come up to me as ask me how is what you’re doing even possible. Common sense would say that one would break every bone in their hand. What they fail to grasp is that I have been doing it for going on 34 years or so now and that is what makes it possible. Consistent effort over time.

One can compare this same philosophy to FUE with a hand punch. Very slow, tedious and repetitive work. Some can stick with it but most simply lack the discipline and motivation.

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by fred970
          What pisses me of the most is that as a bald and skinny guy, there will always be people (including my ex-girlfriends) who will tell me "why don't you enrol in a gym? Don't you want to look like Vin Diesel?" like it's something completely natural that can happen in a few months if I want it bad enough. Then they tell me I have no motivation and that I'm lazy. How can people still believe that folks shaped like Woody Allen can look like Vin Diesel if they are "motivated" is beyond me. I've enrolled in a gym and I'm glad a professional has been honest with me: "Some people just can't get results without steroids".
          I am not sure, but think it is part genetics, maybe DHT even. But be careful for what you wish for as there are always tradeoffs. For what ever reason I have always been able to build muscle very easily. In 9th grade we had a bench press contest. I was the second strongest in the whole class. The other guy worked out, I was a geek and never did. But the trade off is I can also get fat very easily as well. I don't lift as I don't want to get any bulkier. I run as I want/need to be lean. I have to or I will get really fat - which in the past has caused me many heath problems. I am guessing about the DHT part but I was also the first guy in my class to get mpb around my 15th birthday. In fact myself and one other guy were the only ones to get it while still in school afaik. I had other signs of dht as well, but again only guessing at the connection. I don't want to be weak by no means, but If I could stay slender easily by giving up some strength, I would probably do it

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
            I am not sure, but think it is part genetics, maybe DHT even. But be careful for what you wish for as there are always tradeoffs. For what ever reason I have always been able to build muscle very easily. In 9th grade we had a bench press contest. I was the second strongest in the whole class. The other guy worked out, I was a geek and never did. But the trade off is I can also get fat very easily as well. I don't lift as I don't want to get any bulkier. I run as I want/need to be lean. I have to or I will get really fat - which in the past has caused me many heath problems. I am guessing about the DHT part but I was also the first guy in my class to get mpb around my 15th birthday. In fact myself and one other guy were the only ones to get it while still in school afaik. I had other signs of dht as well, but again only guessing at the connection. I don't want to be weak by no means, but If I could stay slender easily by giving up some strength, I would probably do it
            When I was around 24, I became frustrated with my skinny physique and began weight training. I joined a gym and started on the machines and after about two years hit a point where I no longer saw any progress. I bought a couple of bodybuilding books. During that time, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbu, and Lou Ferrigno were actively engaged in the sport and winning competitions. I found that free weights, circuit training, "muscle confusion", diet and avoiding over training made a huge difference for me. When I was in my thirties, I looked like a bodybuilder. It can be done, moving from skinny to built takes a lot of work though. I never took steroids but on the other hand, I didn't eat the best of foods either. Muscles do have memory, and I can get back in shape very quickly when I stick to a workout routine. I'm sure workout strategies are by far more fine tuned in 2013.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
            forhair.com
            Cole Hair Transplant
            1045 Powers Place
            Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
            Phone 678-566-1011
            email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
            Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• fred970
              • Nov 2009

Buying foods and eating for 5 people, the price of a gym membership, reading and learning material, time consuming, supplements, steroids, side-effects, living in a country where it rains 3/4 of the year (Belgium).

Sometimes it's just not worth it.

Comment

• youngin
                • Nov 2010

Buying foods and eating for 5 people, the price of a gym membership, reading and learning material, time consuming, supplements, steroids, side-effects, living in a country where it rains 3/4 of the year (Belgium).

Sometimes it's just not worth it.
                That's a terrible attitude. The training and self discipline and feeling of accomplishment that you can achieve with body building is much needed in this horribly ass backward world where we sit in chairs all day. The psychological and physiological benefits are outstanding. You can absolutely get huge without steroids. It just takes time. The word steroid seems to be getting thrown around alot here. There's so many alternatives to the steroid of the 80s that are legal also, and accomplish the same things. And yes they are bad for your body. All of me and my friends that are big have all done so with great self discipline in diet and exercise regimen. When the zombie apocalypse comes we will survive! lol

Comment

• youngin
                  • Nov 2010

And yes OP that is a really stupid idea to take "steroids" after a hair transplant. Man up

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

bb causes hairloss

Comment

• greatjob!
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                      bb causes hairloss
                      No it doesn't.

when I’m training at the gym I always have my favorite wood wall and metal plate I like to slam a closed fist into repeatedly.
                      Haha your like the iron-fisted monk!

It confirms what I've always suspected. There is no such thing as natural bodybuilding.
                      Everyone can and should strive to improve their body as much as possible, but as far as body building very very few people have the genetic ability to reach the level of pro bodybuilder with out pro-hormones or growth factors.

Everyone has the ability to get ripped and look good, but not many people, if any, are going to be able to naturally look like Ronnie Coleman or Flex Wheeler.

The dirty little secret of the fitness industry is that the absolute maximum muscle that can be gained in a year naturally, and we're talking about professional athlete level here, is somewhere around 20 pounds. The amount of fat you can loose is almost limitless. The majority of the before and after pics you see in informercials and the like are people who had aleady been lifting for a long time and just had a high body fat percentage.

Comment

• Assemblage23
                        • Aug 2009

It depends on what you will inject. If you are on fin(if you're not kiss your hair transplant results goodbye anyway) you can safely run Test.

Tren is a big no no on the other hand.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Aug 2012

Buying foods and eating for 5 people, the price of a gym membership, reading and learning material, time consuming, supplements, steroids, side-effects, living in a country where it rains 3/4 of the year (Belgium). Sometimes it's just not worth it.
                          Bodybuilders on a budget may want to consider a meat supplier that caters to carnivores such as tigers and other zoo animals.

forhair.com
                          Cole Hair Transplant
                          1045 Powers Place
                          Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• topcat
                            • May 2009

35 years I hope that’s a joke…………lol……….listen I have been to Belgium and eggs are not very expensive. A dozen supplies quality protein and about 1000 calories, add a bag of almonds and that’s another 2000 calories or so. Not expensive………it’s about choices.

Let me say this and it might not garner many fans. I read a book quite some time ago “ Learned Optimism” what I learned in that book was the thought process it was encouraging is something I already do and have always done my whole life. In fact I scored very high on the evaluation test. Must have been that after school punishment I was forced to endure where I had to report to where my mother worked at 12 years old and the only thing to do other than homework was to read the boss’s books on positive thinking. But of course I’m sure there were other things that happened in my life that shaped my thought process.

I think anyone that has too much of a defeatist attitude really needs to work on it before ever considering a hair transplant. Of course nobody wants to admit this, maybe it appears as a weakness which is not necessarily the case it’s just something to work on . Too many ht patients become reclusive, depressed and even worse when it’s not what they thought it would be and much of that has to do with their mindset. I know because I have spoken to them as I’m sure many others have. Giving these type of young men bad advice, being dishonest or not making sure their head is straight before offering a procedure really pisses me off………….it’s wrong.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                              Doctor Representative
                              • Aug 2012

35 years I hope that’s a joke…………lol………
                              It's a spin-off of what a bodybuilder once told me. When I was in my late 20s, I was at a gym on Kauai. A well-known bodybuilder showed up and gave a short talk. Someone asked about diet and his opinion was, as long as you nearly kill yourself in the gym 6 days a week working out long and hard, it doesn't matter what you eat.... Just eat a lot. Of course, I totally disagree. This person was a big proponent of steroids and called them "life extenders". So I think his philosophy was one of using steroids and eating anything edible you can get your hands on. Totally disagree with that as well.

Zoo animals are given a diet of horse meat and tigers and other big cats are known to raid the pond killing ducks and whatever, eating everything but the feet and beaks. It works for them!

forhair.com
                              Cole Hair Transplant
                              1045 Powers Place
                              Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• topcat
                                • May 2009

Okay I see but that guy of course was giving very bad advice.....lol........

In reality horse meat is probably better for you than factory farmed meat. Horses are usually just left to graze for the most part as their meat is not raised for consumption which means no profit.

Comment

Working...