Follica

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brunobald
    • Jul 2013

I would guess there should be a patent out now or soon describing the process. Should make interesting reading, especially if we can replicate.

Comment

• Scoots
      • Mar 2012

"While researchers at Follica have remained somewhat coy on exactly how the process works, The Scientist reports the procedure has already sailed through both preclinical and clinical trials."

'Sailed through clinical trials'...is this possibly implying that the procedure they've tested has already gone through all phases? Or maybe just referring to Phase 1 and 2a as we previously knew?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Scoots
        "While researchers at Follica have remained somewhat coy on exactly how the process works, The Scientist reports the procedure has already sailed through both preclinical and clinical trials."

'Sailed through clinical trials'...is this possibly implying that the procedure they've tested has already gone through all phases? Or maybe just referring to Phase 1 and 2a as we previously knew?
        Preclinical would be the research, and clinical would the safety trials in Phase I. They are now in Phase II.

Comment

• brunobald
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
          Preclinical would be the research, and clinical would the safety trials in Phase I. They are now in Phase II.
          If they are using a known safe substance for the topical after wounding do they need to complete a Phase III?

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by brunobald
            If they are using a known safe substance for the topical after wounding do they need to complete a Phase III?
            Hopefully not, but the snail paced cure gatekeeping businessmen, I mean the FDA, will have a final say as to how quickly they can allow Follica to release a treatment.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Here is Follica's pipeline:

Its funded by PureTech Ventures, hence the not so obvious website.

Comment

• joely
                • Sep 2011

Thanks hellouser, clears it up a fraction when i first read the post i was thinking it was all but ready to go

Comment

• baldee
                  • Mar 2011

If this is about Cotsarelis latest publication, its definitely not going to hit the market tomorrow. Basically they constructed a dermal epidermal composite containing neonatal foreskin keratinocytes and Human dermal papillae cells, transplanted it unto naked mice and after 8 weeks they noted hair follicle growth.

Comment

• brunobald
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by baldee
                    If this is about Cotsarelis latest publication, its definitely not going to hit the market tomorrow. Basically they constructed a dermal epidermal composite containing neonatal foreskin keratinocytes and Human dermal papillae cells, transplanted it unto naked mice and after 8 weeks they noted hair follicle growth.
                    No not as far as I can make out. This is a wounding method combined with a known substance that expresses a certain substance in newly healing skin. This promotes the formation of new hair. Follica appear to have IP on the wounding device only? Suggesting the biological process is quite simple.

Comment

• baldee
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by brunobald
                      No not as far as I can make out. This is a wounding method combined with a known substance that expresses a certain substance in newly healing skin. This promotes the formation of new hair. Follica appear to have IP on the wounding device only? Suggesting the biological process is quite simple.
                      I hope you are right. Try to get hold a copy of this:

Comment

• locke999
                        • Jul 2013

This article is basically just repeating everything we already know and giving us a vague timeline, "soon."

It sounds like the writer just read a few hair loss article and regurgitated this rubbish because they had nothing to write.

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by locke999
                          This article is basically just repeating everything we already know and giving us a vague timeline, "soon."

It sounds like the writer just read a few hair loss article and regurgitated this rubbish because they had nothing to write.
                          That's what I'm trying to understand: has he spoken to someone at Follica more recently since June's publication, or is he just paraphrasing the June release to drive more traffic to the website?

Comment

• deuce
                            • May 2013

Man it would be sweet if like my brother or someone I knew worked for Follica. I would give you all the deets. Wishful thinking

Comment

• baldybald
                              • Jul 2012

I think they're releasing this news because they know we're onto their studies from the dermarolling thread.

I'm still sticking to my theory that dermabrasion + injections of FGF-9 will give similar results. Follica and Cotsarelis must be shaking in their boots!
                              That is stupid !

Comment

• Thinning87
                                • Dec 2012

I think they're releasing this news because they know we're onto their studies from the dermarolling thread.

I'm still sticking to my theory that dermabrasion + injections of FGF-9 will give similar results. Follica and Cotsarelis must be shaking in their boots!
                                Haha I'm not so sure, but hey whatever reason is a good reason to me.

Comment

Working...