+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Some pictures....for a number of people who have asked for them before before. So I was Norwood VI To 6. Although English/British born my ethnicity is Indian as you will see from pictures, and at the moment my hair is very short I am growing it, and it looks a lot better when it is longer but it will give you guys an idea of going from a Norwood 6 if you have Donor hair. Also I took these pictures in the last 5 -10 minutes using my iPad Mini so not the best photos - sorry. But it's something.

I have never uploaded pictures here, so i hope it works. I hate having my pictures on the internet. Hopefully it will show that I am a real person. And give some hope to not "always" listen to the experts who say it's not possible. There many people with agendas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	24056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg

Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	24057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	24058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg

Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	24059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24061  

A quick last note, I believe I will need another session in another 12 or 14 months, so long as there is enough donor hair. The clinic seems to think there is enough donor hair left. Anyway, thank you to everyone who has advised me and shown support during my interactions on this forum. Some good people here. However, I also need to remind myself occasionally that hair is not everything in life. There are more important things. But it sure helps to have hair.

I was told by dr wong that i am a nw 6. although the there was still a lot of hair there you could see where the hair was receding too. I had my first ht 11 days ago. sucks im only 21 but hopefully this will wield good results.

I think your result is good, Thinking about it. the photos are a bit blurred, but it seems good. It also appears that your hair is at least medium. Medium and coarse hair will fair better than fine hair. One should always remember to compare apples and oranges.

I think the level of transection probably affect survival of both top and bottom halves of the follicle. A low bisection will probably result in a higher survival for the top half and not as good for the bottom half. A middle cut probably has the best survival for both top and bottom. A top cut probably has a best survival for the bottom half.

i just returned from the Japanese society meeting last weekend in Japan. MOst of the lecture are on basic science here. There was a lot of talk about stem cells including the Japenesse equivalent to the Jahoda/Chritiano study. There is considerable confidence, as well.

Robert Hoffman gave a great lecture on Nestin producing follicle stem cells. these cells need very little stimulus to carry on minor regeneration of structure such as nerves and blood vessels. It the right setting, it is not surprising that they can carry out more complex structures such as intact hair follicles.

One not is that in our initial Acell trial we used other pro-inflamatory induces and we got faster growth than we are seeing in our follow up study where we used Acell alone. The combination, as expected, may turn out to be the optimal recipe.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drcole View Post
    Robert Hoffman gave a great lecture on Nestin producing follicle stem cells. these cells need very little stimulus to carry on minor regeneration of structure such as nerves and blood vessels. It the right setting, it is not surprising that they can carry out more complex structures such as intact hair follicles.

One not is that in our initial Acell trial we used other pro-inflamatory induces and we got faster growth than we are seeing in our follow up study where we used Acell alone. The combination, as expected, may turn out to be the optimal recipe.
    This is why I believe that advances in regenerative medicine will lead to more effective treatments for men in the higher Norwood categories.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    I was told by dr wong that i am a nw 6. although the there was still a lot of hair there you could see where the hair was receding too. I had my first ht 11 days ago. sucks im only 21 but hopefully this will wield good results.
    Clark Kent, it does suck. However on a positive note, if you have the donor hair and the money, there are solutions out there now that can deal with the problem. When I started going bold at young age of 17-19, it ruined my life, and almost 20 years ago now, the options were also limited in terms of hair transplant technology and medicines etc.

So it does sucks to suffer hair loss. Life is not fair. You just need to accept it for what it is and deal with it and move on.

I hope that helps.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Scientifically speaking, a hair transplant can NEVER give you back a full head of hair. That is just COMMON SENSE.
    If a NW-6 sufferer decides to have hair transplant surgery the objective should be to achieve an IMPROVEMENT and not to HOPE for a full head of hair.
    Yes 'good' donor hair numbers are limited depending on each individual.
    A qualified and reputable hair transplant surgeon who is experienced and has GREAT artistry concepts could do wonders. A good friend of mine who use to be a NW 6 has a good looking head of hair to this day--NOT a full head of hair...an improved appearance! He is happy.
    REALISTIC GOALS for IMPROVEMENT is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Scientifically speaking, a hair transplant can NEVER give you back a full head of hair. That is just COMMON SENSE.
    If a NW-6 sufferer decides to have hair transplant surgery the objective should be to achieve an IMPROVEMENT and not to HOPE for a full head of hair.
    Yes 'good' donor hair numbers are limited depending on each individual.
    A qualified and reputable hair transplant surgeon who is experienced and has GREAT artistry concepts could do wonders. A good friend of mine who use to be a NW 6 has a good looking head of hair to this day--NOT a full head of hair...an improved appearance! He is happy.
    REALISTIC GOALS for IMPROVEMENT is key.
    Waste of time to be honest.

What is the point of getting HT surgery just so that you are looking like you are balding afterwards?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Yeah' I understand your point of view on this.
    It is all a matter of objectivity, perception and what someone would be COMFORTABLE with.
    For me, if I could get my scalp improved enough to look as it did back in 2004 (a natural looking NW 3 to 4-ish) Id be comfortable with it.

And I'd be very happy with a diffuse NW5 when I'll be slick bald. Yeah I'm not very demanding, I shave my head. I just want even a faint frame.

I totally understand what you're saying Artista. yeahyeahyeah isn't even balding so, I don't understand his contribution here. When you're bald, adding a few thousand grafts can be a huge improvement. Little hair is always better than no hair.

I cancelled my FUE and I'm now waiting for pilofocus. I hope everything goes right for you with Dr. Wesley Artista!