+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

sooo couldnt we just simply get CB, mix it with each of the vehicles that adam listed above and see/test which one gives it a molecular weight under 500?

Isn't there a way to measure that?

or am I missing something here?

We could end up using a vehicle which affects the CB composition, rendering it useless, we don't want that to happen.

CB is not so cheap you know?, trying in every vehicle would take much money, which I'm sure not many around here are willing to risk.

Even worse, trying every vehicle would take a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    sooo couldnt we just simply get CB, mix it with each of the vehicles that adam listed above and see/test which one gives it a molecular weight under 500?

Isn't there a way to measure that?

or am I missing something here?
    It is not like that at all. The molecular weight of CB remains the same (402) regardless what vehicle it is in. We are looking for 2 factors for a successfull vehicle system: 1) solubility 2) penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    We could end up using a vehicle which affects the CB composition, rendering it useless, we don't want that to happen.

CB is not so cheap you know?, trying in every vehicle would take much money, which I'm sure not many around here are willing to risk.

I know bro but we have not got access to tests such as these:

http://www.cyprotex.com/transdermalpermeability/

I have spent all day today doing computer simulations on skin permeability but software like this is not commercially availible not to mention extremely niche and the one I have managed to use it pretty crude and it will only let me run one vehicle at a time. Even that is producing some errors which is driving me nuts. I can say with a degree of certainty that multi component simulation testing of vehicles CAN NOT be done by even the most advanced amongst us. Trials are the only way.

This is not as bad as it sounds because PG/OL is quite promising in itself. Then gradually more components can be added like DMSO or fatty acids which shouldn't render it useless but only increase efficacy.

It's pissing me off because pharmaceutical companies have all kinds of in vitro tests that would be able to determine a perfect vehicle. They could work it out real quick. We are working with our hands tied behind our backs.

Adam K, my last post was not against you, I was replying to rdawg.

I mean, I know you're trying hard to help us all and I'm very thankful for that.

Adam K, my last post was not against you, I was replying to rdawg.

I mean, I know you're trying hard to help us all and I'm very thankful for that.
    Oh I was just reponding to your message because it had some very valid points bro. Sorry I don't know if it came across the wrong way I meant that I'm pissed with the situation as COSMO can do all of this and testing and trials in an accelerated time frame but they are taking their sweet time.

alright alright makes sense.

I agree, but obviously these tests are meant for someone who has some cash to spare.

Either way, what are our top candidates for vehicles adam? Can we test solubility and penetration?

why not start with the obvious ones like ethanol?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Either way, what are our top candidates for vehicles adam? Can we test solubility and penetration?

why not start with the obvious ones like ethanol?
    Propylene Glycol/Oleyl Alcohol
    and the one by Iron Dragon PG/Ethanol. I also think something like this is promising http://phfsupplements.com/salvo-presale.html

I've realised in my previous post there are some vehicles that arent suitable for a liquid solution (as that is what we are after) as they are for a cream formulation. I'll amend the post in a bit.

Also derma rolling should make any absorption even better. It is promising stuff. I am going to start derma rolling myself soon.

PG/Ethanol should be fine its worked well for practically everything else.

Adam what do you think about the side effects profile for CB? The fact that it converts into a benign substance once in the bloodstream? Do you think side effects are completely avoidable with CB due to this?

The key to the puzzle of which vehicle to use will be held by someone working for Cosmo. The pharmacists working at Cosmo will have a far better idea than anyone on the forums on whether a) CB actually works for hairloss, and b) which vehicle to use

If people on the forums really want to go to any length to solve hairloss then why not have 1 person fly out to the Cosmo office. If you wait outside their office at the time they all finish work then we can ask their staff directly about their thoughts on using CB for hairloss. I am sure a little brown envelope with a thousand dollars cash in would be enough to encourage someone working there to tell us everything we need to know.

Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    The key to the puzzle of which vehicle to use will be held by someone working for Cosmo. The pharmacists working at Cosmo will have a far better idea than anyone on the forums on whether a) CB actually works for hairloss, and b) which vehicle to use

If people on the forums really want to go to any length to solve hairloss then why not have 1 person fly out to the Cosmo office. If you wait outside their office at the time they all finish work then we can ask their staff directly about their thoughts on using CB for hairloss. I am sure a little brown envelope with a thousand dollars cash in would be enough to encourage someone working there to tell us everything we need to know.

Any volunteers?

lol, probably a stretch. Somebody should just call their marketing dept posing as a reporter looking to give them PR.

like some chemist making 80-130k is going to risk getting fired for a thousand bucks in an envelope.