Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huawei
    • Jun 2013

The time has come to cut it all off.

Shedding resumed again after approx a week and a bit of taking 0.5mg every day and has held no prisoners since. I trust it will slow down and stop again but the reality is that I look 6 months worse than I did 6 months ago. I look 5 months too far gone and it is quite noticeable. I would give pretty much anything to appear as I did back then.

I'm not sure if the minox is helping or hurting either as the hairs on my hair line are all so eager to come out even when the shedding had stopped opposed to most other hairs which were well rooted.

Ultimately I am not giving up the fight but I understand from here on out with my hair the way it is I will stand out as someone trying to hold onto something they don't have much off so I'll be cutting it real short a fortnight from now and until it either regrows or finds it self some new hairs from the back of my head a few years from now. I will be maintaining my treatment of fin, minox & keto in the mean time.

I don't think I'll look terrible with it real short but christ has mpb waged a war on my hairline.

Comment

• huawei
      • Jun 2013

Just a quick update as a point of reference for the future,

Three weeks ago I moved from 0.5mg every day to 1mg everyday...this went on for a week or so and then I jumped to 1.25mg everyday via the generic Finasteride 5 by Pharmacor.

I had some slight sides to begin with when it came jumping from .5mg to 1mg in regards to libido but these are subsiding which is good.

As for the shedding..it has been pretty terrible particularly around my crown but otherwise diffuse all through the top. It looks nowhere near as dense as it does in the picture from a few months ago. The shedding has been intense over what has been nearly 8 weeks however I think it might be starting to slow down substantially now and if my initial response is anything to go by it will stop around two months from now. I believe moving from 0.5mg eod to every day kicked a tonne of hairs into shedding which is good. If my broscience is anything to go by I would believe the fact that the hair clubs are larger in diameter than the sledded hair to be a good thing whereas in the past before treatment they were always the same size or smaller.

My hairline is looking a bit thicker as well though its nothing to write home about, cutting my hair very short was also a great move as I am pretty comfortable with how I look now save for my crown.

Comment

• huawei
        • Jun 2013

Dropping minox as of today. I am convinced it is only making my hair loss worse and after reading around some people who have aggressive hairloss such as mine saw no benefit using the big three but upon dropping minox it somewhat stopped.

It has been eight months now of shedding cyclically between what it has always has been and by a hyper amount. Today by tugging my hair about 50 came out with most of them being terminal.

I have also decided that at my next hair cut I'll be having my hair buzzed off. There is no point living with this insecurity as it is holding me back a bit.

I'll be sure to report back with a before and after photo in a few weeks.

Comment

• cichlidfort
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by huawei
          Dropping minox as of today. I am convinced it is only making my hair loss worse and after reading around some people who have aggressive hairloss such as mine saw no benefit using the big three but upon dropping minox it somewhat stopped.

It has been eight months now of shedding cyclically between what it has always has been and by a hyper amount. Today by tugging my hair about 50 came out with most of them being terminal.

I have also decided that at my next hair cut I'll be having my hair buzzed off. There is no point living with this insecurity as it is holding me back a bit.

I'll be sure to report back with a before and after photo in a few weeks.
          Good luck man! Minox hasn't done crap for me either. How is fin helping you though?

Comment

• huawei
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by cichlidfort
            Good luck man! Minox hasn't done crap for me either. How is fin helping you though?
            Thanks,

I think the fin helped to begin with as there was a period after the first four months where the hair loss stopped completely until I commenced a higher dose. It would not surprise me if I were affected by either "reflex hyperandrogenicity" or a dud prescription of generic fin upon upping my dose. Even my scalp itch seems to be returning whereas when I was taking 0.25mg eod it had dissipated completely weeks after commencing treatment. I guess the next point of investigation is whether or not lowering the dose could counteract this somehow.

Ultimately though the fin has been very well tolerated...any minor sides encountered have gone away in time.

Comment

• Artista
              • Apr 2010

Ive been so satisfied with the use of Finasteride @ 1mg per day.
              Im in the middle of my 9th month now.
              As I had said on my thread 'Artista and Finasteride' , my wife and I decided to look at my scalp photos just prior to starting on Finasteride in August of last year 2013.
              The ongoing positive results thus far are fantastic.
              Hair loss has been STOPPED..
              My hair rejuvenation is on-going and so far so GOOD.

Comment

• cichlidfort
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Artista
                Ive been so satisfied with the use of Finasteride @ 1mg per day.
                Im in the middle of my 9th month now.
                As I had said on my thread 'Artista and Finasteride' , my wife and I decided to look at my scalp photos just prior to starting on Finasteride in August of last year 2013.
                The ongoing positive results thus far are fantastic.
                Hair loss has been STOPPED..
                My hair rejuvenation is on-going and so far so GOOD.
                Thanks for sharing artista. How about your sides? Did you get any initially? Have they stopped or reduced if you did?

Comment

• asian
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by huawei
                  Hi Huawei, I'm asian too (go figure) and I noticed that minox hasn't been helping me all too much on my hairline. I've been consistent on Fin (1.25/day) since the start of 2014, but I'm still shedding (albeit less than mo 1-3) hairs. However, I'd say my hairline has gotten worse on treatment. My crown thankfully was fine prior to starting my regimen.

Comment

• huawei
                    • Jun 2013

Update time.

I'm coming up to 11 months on the big three and my hair loss continues though I'm willing to give it another half a year due to increasing the dose from 0.5mg EOD to 1.25mg ED in January. I have been experiencing brain fog for the past few months and so as of a few days ago put my scales to their use via capping 5mg fin into 5 capsules (150mg/5) equating to a dose of 1mg everyday. I will continue to taper down the dose if the brain fog persists. Also, over the past few months I had been experiencing scalp itch exactly the same to what I experienced pre-treatment so I decided to change things up a bit and moved from ds revita shampoo to regenepure dr and that day the itch started to subside back into nothing.

The big news is that I buzzed my hair down to a 1 guard last night confronting my insecurity head on and was very surprised by the result, I wish I had of done it sooner so I could stop worrying about it so much. To a large degree my hairline remains intact however there is miniaturization throughout the front when viewed from top down showing that its receding back to something just past a NW2. There is thinning around the crown as well which is no where near as bad as I thought it was. Regardless though due to the strength of my other facial features it looks good. As a person I have always been rather insecure about my looks and it just so happened as I was gaining confidence in my self hair loss hit me knocking me back down again. Buzzing my hair has given me a great deal of confidence I've never really had which I'm glad to say though I won't keep it at a 1 guard...I'll play with it a bit longer and look into styling it for lack of a better word.

I will continue treatment in the hope that the loss stops or at the very least slows it down. I figure it'll be another three years before something comes out that will halt it if fin won't and another several years after tech will be out which will allow us to grow back our hair.

The way I look at my hairloss now is that I'm a third of the way back to having a full head of hair and considering all of the things that could be worse it's really not that bad personally at least.

Comment

• AfterHair
                      Doctor Representative
                      • May 2014

The earlier you treat it.. the better the prognosis. Cheers to the young guys who are dealing with it early on!
                      AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
                      HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
                      Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
                      Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012
                      sigpic

Comment

• TotallyScrewed
                        • Jun 2014

Good luck dude.

Comment

• huawei
                          • Jun 2013

Long time no update...

I've pretty much ceased all treatment completely a couple of month ago and it had been sporadic for another couple of months prior. Coming off fin & minox I have experienced no sides which is good and as for my hairline I haven't noticed any accelerated loss which I think confirms that it wasn't doing a thing for me unfortunately. I would say my temples are receding at around 1cm a year with the frontal hairline moving back at around a rate of .5cm. Its lame that there's nothing I can really do about it other than wait for something new to be released but that's life.

I'm still rocking the no1 buzz cut with some stubble which looks good and recently acquired a good looking & otherwise lovely girl friend for the first time since my hair loss started and I must say getting with her comes down to one thing which is that I confronted my hair loss as explained in the last update. As mentioned doing so has given me a great deal of confidence that I would not have had if I was still holding onto my thinning hair.

Otherwise, this will be my last update in this thread unless I resume treatment. If my journey has one take away lesson for everyone its that a part of our battle with hair loss are the demons in our mind namely our ego. Confronting it may not always prove to have as happy of an ending as mine but it will help you to accept the reality of the matter and help you to move on should other solutions not be working. I mean there's no point dwelling on what we can't change is there?

Thanks for the wishes and best of luck with your own treatments and lives, fingers crossed a solution for everybody is found soon!

Comment

Working...