Did hair loss ruin Nicolas Cage's career?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsmyhairs
    • Dec 2012

Did hair loss ruin Nicolas Cage's career?

He used to get the big roles, he was in loads of great films, he was a real actor.

Now, he's a meme on the internet who stars in pieces of shit like ghost riders and national treasure.

And he has an asian wife.

Bald man - asian wife, see it all the time.
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

You're over thinking it. With or without hair, a lot of white men date asian women.

He's had major recession for decades and has clearly countered it to some degree. Lots of actors end up doing shitty movies. Look at the piece of shit of a movie that Jeff Bridges is in right now, and that dude has the most rockin' old man hair ever.

You're selectively viewing things to affirm what pains you to believe -- a mental masochist, if you will. I do the same thing in phases, until I snap out, such as spending 20 minutes cringing at my hairline in the mirror. It's not healthy.

Comment

• The Alchemist
      • Mar 2011

Studies confirm that balding men should not spend time looking at Jeff Bridges hairline. Prolonged exposure has been associated with depression, hopelessness and murderous impulses.

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by The Alchemist
        Studies confirm that balding men should not spend time looking at Jeff Bridges hairline. Prolonged exposure has been associated with depression, hopelessness and murderous impulses.
        The dude has a god-tier bald head too. Legit perfect skull shape.

Dammit, just give me the skull shape or the hair!!!

Comment

• ryan555
          • Oct 2010

I think his career went down hill because he's a bipolar alcoholic and is extremely difficult to work with. He does all the shitty movies because he has major tax problems and he has to take every payday available to him. Men in Hollywood experience hair loss at the same rate as the rest of us and even many of the a-listers have had transplants or wear pieces, you just don't know it.

Comment

• The Alchemist
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
            The dude has a god-tier bald head too. Legit perfect skull shape.

Dammit, just give me the skull shape or the hair!!!

It's a spectacular cranium.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by itsmyhairs
              He used to get the big roles, he was in loads of great films, he was a real actor.

Now, he's a meme on the internet who stars in pieces of shit like ghost riders and national treasure.

His wife is good looking from the few pics I have seen. Do you have a problem with Asian people?

But yes balding can f*ck a Hollywood career like nothing else. If Jude Law did not advance past the NW2.5-ish he had in 2004-2005 he would probably have hit A list

Comment

• itsmyhairs
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                His wife is good looking from the few pics I have seen. Do you have a problem with Asian people?

But yes balding can f*ck a Hollywood career like nothing else. If Jude Law did not advance past the NW2.5-ish he had in 2004-2005 he would probably have hit A list
                What's the stupidest law in the country? Jude Law.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65

I'm pretty sure my pattern is just like his. Frontal and temporal lobes hit super hard, while the vertex considerably thicker.. for now.

Comment

• Sogeking
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by itsmyhairs

Dude I would love to get an asian wife. Korean and Japanese women look beautiful.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BigThinker
                      I'm pretty sure my pattern is just like his. Frontal and temporal lobes hit super hard, while the vertex considerably thicker.. for now.
                      Jude Law? He had a strong forelock for years which is how he got away with his pinup image for so long, even when he was NW2.5-3. But he let himself go too far, now he basically needs transplant. (He is my favorite study on how hair loss can singlehandedly screw your looks, even interfere with your career)

Anyway if you are on fin, you should be fine in the vertex for years. It is the temples and hairline corners that are really vulnerable, unless you have weird diffuse thinning like me....then you never know which part of your scalp you need to worry about next

Comment

• Eromnova
                        • Dec 2012

A complete lack of talent, one-dimensional acting ability and the self-awareness of a four year old ruined Nicholas Cage's career.

Comment

Working...