+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    For my personal hair loss situation - I wouldn't have a problem at all to switch to every side who has indeed something that constant and perfectly works - sorry, but what else?

Concerning Dr. Nigam - does it?

The reality is, that especially this swashbuckler simply doesn't have something that constant and perfectly works - besides photoshop and hot air.

By the way: Around 15 years ago - they said similar things about Dr. Gho, and many do it still TODAY (!), although Dr. Gho...

- presented his work regularly at scientific meetings (and is still doing it);

- published his own findings in reputable medical journals;

- has more than 5000 patients, without any noteworthy bad feedback;

- and finally, is simply doing what he is doing - WITHOUT making a big drama out of it (aka "this isn't rocket science");

In simple words, Dr. Gho's BACKGROUND has been totally different contrary to swashbucklers like Nigam - since it's BEGINNINGS more than 15 years ago! And all that means, and the following is simply a FACT:
    Dr. Gho has simply the MOST EXPERIENCE in this field and on this planet in general, when it comes to "hair plucking" or "hair doubling" or "hair multiplication" in general - and that will be case forever in the history.
    Either way dr cole will find out for us.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-30-2013 at 09:52 AM.

God IM you're retarded.

Try, for once, to convey something without using sarcastic tone.
    You seem incapable of this, which is saddening. People would take you much more seriously.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Either way dr cole will find out for us.
    One of Dr. Cole's pet peeves is the length of time it takes for doctors, hair restoration doctors in particular, to utilize new technology. It takes ten years or more and that length of time is unacceptable. Men were screwed up with unnatural looking plugs for decades.

Imagine being the physician who just bought a robotic FUE device. Quite an investment. All of a sudden a new technology emerges that renders your investment a near worthless pile of scrap metal. I think back to when I bought my first computer. It was a Macintosh Performa. It had a 90mz Motorola processor and a 2GB hard drive. My neighbor was stunned at the idea of such a huge hard drive. Now you can buy 4TB hard drives and RAM is dirt cheap. I paid way too much for that computer and now it's a boat anchor. How many or you still use dial-up Internet? The sound of a modem reminds me of a huge waste of time.

People need to get it through their heads that technology IS moving forward at a rapid pace. The hard drive capacities of today were considered impossible only a short time ago. Things that were thought impossible are now becoming a reality.

Body part and organ regeneration remains science fiction in the minds of doctors and laymen alike. Here are some You Tube videos that offer a look at the current state of the technology:

Introduction to the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine

New Study at the Center for Regenerative Medicine - Mayo Clinic

Lecture Anthony Hollander: The Future of Regenerative Medicine

ARM 2013 Regenerative Medicine State of the Industry Briefing

It remains to be seen whether Nigam is on to something. His claims even if not as advertised WILL eventually materialize at some point in time. Like the rest of you, I want it to happen ASAP.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    One of Dr. Cole's pet peeves is the length of time it takes for doctors, hair restoration doctors in particular, to utilize new technology. It takes ten years or more and that length of time is unacceptable. Men were screwed up with unnatural looking plugs for decades.

Imagine being the physician who just bought a robotic FUE device. Quite an investment. All of a sudden a new technology emerges that renders your investment a near worthless pile of scrap metal. I think back to when I bought my first computer. It was a Macintosh Performa. It had a 90mz Motorola processor and a 2GB hard drive. My neighbor was stunned at the idea of such a huge hard drive. Now you can buy 4TB hard drives and RAM is dirt cheap. I paid way too much for that computer and now it's a boat anchor. How many or you still use dial-up Internet? The sound of a modem reminds me of a huge waste of time.

People need to get it through their heads that technology IS moving forward at a rapid pace. The hard drive capacities of today were considered impossible only a short time ago. Things that were thought impossible are now becoming a reality.

Body part and organ regeneration remains science fiction in the minds of doctors and laymen alike. Here are some You Tube videos that offer a look at the current state of the technology:

Introduction to the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine

New Study at the Center for Regenerative Medicine - Mayo Clinic

Lecture Anthony Hollander: The Future of Regenerative Medicine

ARM 2013 Regenerative Medicine State of the Industry Briefing

It remains to be seen whether Nigam is on to something. His claims even if not as advertised WILL eventually materialize at some point in time. Like the rest of you, I want it to happen ASAP.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Well Aderans has folded. So things are not looking good.

The only thing stopping me from taking finasteride are the potential sides and the idea that I am playing with my hormones. This as a result is causing me to not pursue a HT in case I lose hair behind the transplanted hair.

If there was a better alternative to fin that maintains I think many of us would be happy, but there isn't and this is the problem. Which is why there is so much desperation amongst forum members.

There is too much talk not enough solutions.

How is Dr Cole's work on donor regeneration going?

The solution is to take fin. This irrational fear of this very beneficial drug is ridiculous. You're against "messing with hormones"....well have fun going bald!

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    The solution is to take fin. This irrational fear of this very beneficial drug is ridiculous. You're against "messing with hormones"....well have fun going bald!
    No messing with your hormones is not an "irrational fear", it is quite serious. It can cause hormonal imbalance.

God knows what the affects of lowering DHT over a long period of time through fin is doing to other parts of your body. My main concern is cognitively.

As much as I hate to say it, my overall health is much more important than my hair.

The worse thing about this shit is - I'm envious of those guys who don't have the MPB gene, whose bodies don't need to be tampered with like ours.

We have long term data on taking finasteride, we have 10 year studies, plus we've been prescribing finasteride for 20 years now. This attitude of "messing with hormones is wrong...but I can't explain why!" is dumb.

What "hormonal imbalance" does it cause and why is it harmful and tell me what percentage of people suffer these "harms"?

If you choose not to take fin, that's ok, but don't complain about how there's nothing you can do. You are choosing not to act, so live with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    We have long term data on taking finasteride, we have 10 year studies, plus we've been prescribing finasteride for 20 years now. This attitude of "messing with hormones is wrong...but I can't explain why!" is dumb.

What "hormonal imbalance" does it cause and why is it harmful and tell me what percentage of people suffer these "harms"?

If you choose not to take fin, that's ok, but don't complain about how there's nothing you can do. You are choosing not to act, so live with your decision.
    Are you a HT doctor btw?

You sound like one of those pro fin brigades.

There are plenty of guys out there who have had terrible side effects; it's all good saying this until something goes horrendously wrong. Than what? Replacement hormone therapy for the rest of your life if it persists?

Chrisis is one such poster on here, who hopped onto fin after being encouraged too and experienced side affects that he has struggled to recover from.

The point that I am trying to make, it is not a good enough solution. There should be a safer alternative by now that works.

Playing Russian Roulette with one's health is not the way forward.

I am unequivocally pro-finasteride.

Finasteride is an excellent solution for hair loss, and only a small number of people get sides from it, and mostly they resolve after quitting the drug. Ironically, a lot of the crying on the forums I hear is from guys who haven't actually tried the drug but are afraid of trying it. Go figure....are you in this group?

I'm afraid, just because your friend Chrisis got side effects does not mean the rest of the population does. We have these things called "double blind placebo controlled trials" that demonstrate its efficacy and safety. You should read up on those!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Are you a HT doctor btw?

You sound like one of those pro fin brigades.

There are plenty of guys out there who have had terrible side effects; it's all good saying this until something goes horrendously wrong. Than what? Replacement hormone therapy for the rest of your life if it persists?

Chrisis is one such poster on here, who hopped onto fin after being encouraged too and experienced side affects that he has struggled to recover from.

The point that I am trying to make, it is not a good enough solution. There should be a safer alternative by now that works.

Playing Russian Roulette with one's health is not the way forward.
    The risks associated with taking Propecia are completely overblown on the internet. It is hardly like playing Russian roulette. It's more like "winning" the lottery as far as the possibility of experiencing ongoing side effects. Yes, it sucks for people it happens to, but it's very rare and the odds are in the favor of not having these problems.