Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Why don't non-HASCI clinics offer HST?

I'm curious, is it known why only HASCI offers Gho's HST procedure? Does Gho keep HST protected with strict patents and trademarks and not allow licensees, or is it simply the case that hair transplant surgeons generally have no interest in using (licencing?) HST as an alternative to FUE and FUT?
  • Vox
    • Jan 2013

Yes, the technique is patented at national and European level. Have not you been in their website?

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

However, in US you cannot patent Surgery....

Comment

• Vox
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by KO1
        However, in US you cannot patent Surgery....
        Well, I cannot pretend that I know how the patent system works. It is there to protect intellectual property but sometimes (often lately?) *not so reasonable* things may happen.

Plus, I remember having read that Dr. Gho is using a special preparation to enhance survival and growth of the grafts. While this practice is very common in the Netherlands for dermatological applications, it is strictly regulated (or forbidden) in the U.S.A.

Comment

• KO1
          • Jan 2012

I wonder what is in that "special preparation". You cannot multiply stem cells in a medium, as Nigam has noted, and doctors already use a medium for graft storage.

Comment

• gc83uk
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by KO1
            I wonder what is in that "special preparation". You cannot multiply stem cells in a medium, as Nigam has noted, and doctors already use a medium for graft storage.
            After extraction, the partial longitudinal follicular units are stored in the preservative medium, which is composed of the following ingredients: sodium chloride, potassium chloride, magnesium sulphate, sodium phosphate, calciumchloride, glucose, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lactate, sodiumpyruvate, human serum albumin, insulin, bis(maltolato)ox-ovanadium (BMOV) and a-tocopherol (vitamin E)

Comment

• KO1
              • Jan 2012

^How is that different from a standard medium though? On the forums, we've heard stories of how Gho's medium allows him to multiply stem cells....

Comment

• KO1
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Vox
                Well, I cannot pretend that I know how the patent system works. It is there to protect intellectual property but sometimes (often lately?) *not so reasonable* things may happen.

Plus, I remember having read that Dr. Gho is using a special preparation to enhance survival and growth of the grafts. While this practice is very common in the Netherlands for dermatological applications, it is strictly regulated (or forbidden) in the U.S.A.
                So if you're just taking hairs out, and bisecting follicles, that should count as surgery. The problem happens when you take cells out, modify them, and then inject. That makes it a biologic, which needs FDA testing and approval. Since Gho is doing the former, his method should be able to be replicated in the US or elsewhere. (India)

Comment

• Boldy
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Vox

I think there are so so much ways to achieve the same goal, tons of ways. its so easy to do in vitro. so enough options / workarounds for the preservation.

Comment

Working...