X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Month 4

So month 4 has arrived! The growth which has occured since last month is obvious. In fact the difference between now and 2 weeks ago is clear to me when I look up close. As you can imagine, I’m paying close attention.

I chose to have the photos taken without any styling products – I wanted them completely natural. But my hair is now very stylable. More stylable than it has been in many years. I went to a new barber and he had no idea I’d had anything done, although I did tell him and he had many questions. I normally decline styling products at the barbers as I’m going to wash my hair as soon as I get home, but I decided to let him put a little product in and, well, it was extremely satisfying to have a hairline that I can do something with. For close to a decade now I had given up on trying to achieve a proper style with it, as my hairline was too receded and thin to allow for it and products always made it look worse.

I had forgotten what it was like to be able to quickly and easily make it look good. Now I’ve already forgotten what it was like to be receding!

I had these taken last week but delayed posting due to illness.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

A reminder of where I started. I had 2502 grafts in total. I had forgotten how bald I was!

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Congrafts Matt!!!
      Regards
      Spex

Attached Files
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

Says it all. Thanks Spex!

Comment

• rugger31
          • Apr 2011

Brilliant Matt can't wait for mine early next year I have a slightly better starter point so really positive about my end result.

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

Looks like we're both ahead of schedule Matt. At this rate I can't see it taking a year for me to be at "full result". I bought a big bottle of Toppik assuming my hair would be thin for quite awhile, but I shouldn't have bothered because I don't think I'll use much of it!

What do you think about your own full result time-scale?

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

Wow, that looks great. Good job.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                • Dec 2010

Matt, I am turning 26 this year and I've stabilized my hairloss on meds and I'm starting to consider seeing Dr. Rahal for a procedure. Ideally I'd like to do FUE but I wanted to ask and hopefully you could give me an honest opinion, do you think the yield Rahal and other surgeons get doing FUT is better than FUE or at this point is it just preference mostly?

I've heard from various people that you get a better yield from FUT but I'd rather not have such an invasive procedure.

Comment

• Granastasis
                  • May 2013

Really nice Matt!

Comment

• baldymcgee
                    • Mar 2013

What is that, like 25 square cm? So a placement of about 100 fu / sq-cm?

That's really impressive.

Comment

• Delphi
                      • Mar 2009

Big difference. You look great!

Comment

• chrisdav
                        • Oct 2011

Looking awesome for 4 months.

Comment

• mattj
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Oct 2009

I'm at 6 months now and will be having photos taken later this week.

Until then, as it's been a while, I thought I'd share a couple of snapshots I took the other day.

In the UK it's been hot and dry for well over a month - that is until recent days. I'd forgotten what rain was like and I'd also forgotten how I used to fear it for how bad my hair looked when wet. It would really expose my hairline recession. Now it's no problem at all, and in fact I like having wet hair.

Comment

• chrisdav
                            • Oct 2011

Impressive Mattj.

Well done and more to come.

Comment

• agenteye
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2012

Welcome back Matt!!

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                              Matt, I am turning 26 this year and I've stabilized my hairloss on meds and I'm starting to consider seeing Dr. Rahal for a procedure. Ideally I'd like to do FUE but I wanted to ask and hopefully you could give me an honest opinion, do you think the yield Rahal and other surgeons get doing FUT is better than FUE or at this point is it just preference mostly?

I've heard from various people that you get a better yield from FUT but I'd rather not have such an invasive procedure.

KeepHoping-

It all totally depends on the amount of work you're getting done and the surgeon you're going to. I personally had a strip procedure with Dr. Rahal, and the results far exceeded my expectations. I also needed an extensive amount of grafts for good coverage though (almost 4800), so it was important to me to be able to do a big procedure all at once, and to get a great yield. I also wear my hair longer, so the scar was never going to be an issue for me.

I think whatever route you decide on, Dr. Rahal is excellent at FUE and FUT, and will produce a phenomenal result for you either way. It really depends on your goals with how short you want to cut your hair in the future, etc. But even a Rahal scar is barely noticeable at lower lengths.....I cut my hair to a 2 guard, and can barely find the scar. I plan on updating my results this evening so you can see where I am at currently; 8 months post-op from my strip procedure. I'm sure Matt will chime in with more info/advice though about his recommendations on FUE!

Matt,

You already know how I feel, but your hair turned out amazing! Really great to have you back in the forums as well, glad your life is returning to normal a bit!! You must be thrilled with the result, as it looks like it's already a 12-month result! Woot!

Comment

Working...