+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey JCM

Go to your local Pharmacy and ask for a tablet cutter...look at the range and get the more expensive one. Trust me...it's worth every dollar...(it should be around $6-$7)

Also, ask them for a little 10mL amber bottle to store your tablets once you cut them...

Always only cut up 1 tablet into 4 quarters and keep those 4 pieces in the bottle...don't do the whole pack in one go! It might lose its efficacy...

Hope that helps
    Thanks kindly Desmond.

I've been advised by a supplier that 1mg finpecia won't cut up that small, that's why I'm asking. Don't really want to spend £70 for a load of pills I won't use if i can't cut them into smaller doses.

Maybe I'll just have to order and see, thanks for the reply, appreciated. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Henkeh91 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story Des! I've been on fin for little more than 2 months and started at 0,5mg daily and changed to 1mg daily for about 2 weeks ago.

My libido is way lower than it was a year ago. I've pretty bad MPB and my hair loss accelerated the last year and I went into an deep depression for the last couple of months. That made me start with finasteride.

I had already low libido even before I started with fin. What do you think, shall I lower my dose before I notice any further sides? The thing is that I'm afraid that a lower dose will increase my hair loss.

It feels like I'm in the middle of an vicious circle.
    Henkeh, I don't know if you were following our discussions late last year but the amount of DHT decreased by 0.25mg is almost identical to 1mg...furthermore, the effects of 1 tablet last for about 3.5 days! If sides are bothering you reducing the dose will not have a dramatic effect on your hair! I personally think ppl should not take 1mg daily until they tapered up the dose over 12 months!

With regards to libido...the product information claims everything should go back to normal by the 12th month although there has been exceptions...

I almost kept my libido in check by dropping fin for a given period of time (2 weeks for example) to make sure my libido returns if it did I knew that the effects are reversible in my case...you can do something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Thanks kindly Desmond.

I've been advised by a supplier that 1mg finpecia won't cut up that small, that's why I'm asking. Don't really want to spend £70 for a load of pills I won't use if i can't cut them into smaller doses.

Maybe I'll just have to order and see, thanks for the reply, appreciated. :-)
    It is true that they are not scored, hence they may crumble when cut!

BUT, as long as you purchase PROPECIA and use a tablet cutter, you will have no problems! Some brands use cheaper fillers that disintegrate much easier...that is not the case with the Merck brand...you can take my word for it lol

Oh, I just realised you're getting Finpecia...I haven't used that brand before BUT as rule of thumb tablet cutters are very effective at cutting pills...I wouldn't be too worried

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84;125490. 5495
    Oh, I just realised you're getting Finpecia...I haven't used that brand before BUT as rule of thumb tablet cutters are very effective at cutting pills...I wouldn't be too worried
    Thanks Desmond, tbh if I start the treatment I think I'd like to try Propecia initially, then continue with Finpecia perhaps at a later date if I tolerate it.

How are you doing yourself on it?

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing Desmond.

Can I ask, what NW you were before starting ( you said temples getting thinner, so i guess NW1? ), also did you get any regrowth? Apart from your temples, has your hairline improved? Did you experience any minaturized hair on your hairline grow back thicker & terminal ( not completely minaturized hair, but the 0 - 0.5cm thin hairs ) ?

I guess age plays a big role in the questions asked above, so could you give me a rough idea of how old you are ?

Lastly, how are you feeling now? Is your mood still same as pre fin ( if not better ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    Thanks for sharing Desmond.

Can I ask, what NW you were before starting ( you said temples getting thinner, so i guess NW1? ), also did you get any regrowth? Apart from your temples, has your hairline improved? Did you experience any minaturized hair on your hairline grow back thicker & terminal ( not completely minaturized hair, but the 0 - 0.5cm thin hairs ) ?

I guess age plays a big role in the questions asked above, so could you give me a rough idea of how old you are ?

Lastly, how are you feeling now? Is your mood still same as pre fin ( if not better ) ?
    Hey Budskii

I caught my hairloss pretty early! My temples were see-through when I started fin so you could say beginning of NW2. Under bright light they looked really bad actually!

It's now 10 months since I started fin and tbh I'm blown away! My hair's probably back to how it looked 6-8 months before I started Propecia. Temples are much thicker and I probably look NW1 to an untrained eye! My hairline hasn't moved since I started fin and the vellus hairs on my hairline have become terminal again.

My hair's still improving every month, which is surprising.

Side effects wise, I'm tolerating fin much better. The first 6 months, on the days I took Fin, I had this uncomfortable feeling down there...this dull pain at the tip of my pe$$$ (Just on the days I took fin, it would disappear the day after). Now, I don't have any of those sides...

Libido's improving but still not the same as pre-fin! Actually, libido is the only side that I'm suffering from at this point! I would say my libido's back to 80% of what it used to be pre-fin!

Mentally I feel so much better! I sleep well, I'm not as depressed about my hair anymore! I hit the gym and worry about my hair much less!

I'm 29 btw Catching your hairloss early is the key until hair multiplication becomes a reality.

When I first wanted to try 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK, there wasn't much anecdotal reports about how effective it would be...I went down this route bcause I was terrified of sides and I experienced a whole bunch of them. And I can assure you that 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK is more than enough. If Fin is going to work for you, you can be sure such dosing is sufficient! I'm not going to increase the dosage either! This is it for me till something better comes along!

Hope this info is helpful and everyone can overcome their fears somehow. It's not easy though...believe me I know.

Thanks Desmond, you're really reassuring me with your post's, I respect your input. I'm currently trying Keratene myself, but feel it's worthless, so before long I'm going to try your regime, would Tues and Fri be an ok schedule do you think?

Thanks mate and I wish you continued good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey Budskii

I caught my hairloss pretty early! My temples were see-through when I started fin so you could say beginning of NW2. Under bright light they looked really bad actually!

It's now 10 months since I started fin and tbh I'm blown away! My hair's probably back to how it looked 6-8 months before I started Propecia. Temples are much thicker and I probably look NW1 to an untrained eye! My hairline hasn't moved since I started fin and the vellus hairs on my hairline have become terminal again.

My hair's still improving every month, which is surprising.

Side effects wise, I'm tolerating fin much better. The first 6 months, on the days I took Fin, I had this uncomfortable feeling down there...this dull pain at the tip of my pe$$$ (Just on the days I took fin, it would disappear the day after). Now, I don't have any of those sides...

Libido's improving but still not the same as pre-fin! Actually, libido is the only side that I'm suffering from at this point! I would say my libido's back to 80% of what it used to be pre-fin!

Mentally I feel so much better! I sleep well, I'm not as depressed about my hair anymore! I hit the gym and worry about my hair much less!

I'm 29 btw Catching your hairloss early is the key until hair multiplication becomes a reality.

When I first wanted to try 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK, there wasn't much anecdotal reports about how effective it would be...I went down this route bcause I was terrified of sides and I experienced a whole bunch of them. And I can assure you that 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK is more than enough. If Fin is going to work for you, you can be sure such dosing is sufficient! I'm not going to increase the dosage either! This is it for me till something better comes along!

Hope this info is helpful and everyone can overcome their fears somehow. It's not easy though...believe me I know.
    Thanks for taking time to write a long, and very very helpful post, much appreciated.

I was going to start with 0.25mg every other day, but as you suggest i will start with 0.25mg twice a week to taper on, and reach 0.25mg EOD or 0.5mg EOD.

But yeh, me too, I want to use it until something like CB 03 01 gets released

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Thanks Desmond, you're really reassuring me with your post's, I respect your input. I'm currently trying Keratene myself, but feel it's worthless, so before long I'm going to try your regime, would Tues and Fri be an ok schedule do you think?

Thanks mate and I wish you continued good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    Thanks for taking time to write a long, and very very helpful post, much appreciated.

I was going to start with 0.25mg every other day, but as you suggest i will start with 0.25mg twice a week to taper on, and reach 0.25mg EOD or 0.5mg EOD.

But yeh, me too, I want to use it until something like CB 03 01 gets released
    It's a pleasure to help you guys out

Let me know if anything else is in your minds...and keep me posted if you start Propecia...

Good luck