+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

So I'm onto my second month of Propecia 0.25mg daily. Here's my experience so far:

Month 1: I initially started on the recommended 1mg daily dose and started to notice sides on the 4th day. They were very minor and barely noticeable at first but by day 12 it was starting to become uncomfortable. The sides included short periods of achey ball (yes just the one) and short periods of general discomfort/increased sensitivity in the prostate region. My scalp also started tingling on the 4th day, mainly around the crown but also general spots on the top of my head. I can't say that I've consciously noticed a shed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the tingling indicates it's happening.

I decided to lower my daily dosage. I didnt take any fin on days 13-15 as I wanted the increasingly irritable sides to go away, which fortunately they did. From day 16 onwards I have been taking 0.25mg every day and I'm pleased to say that the sides have stopped. I still get occasional tingles on my scalp, but this causes me no discomfort and actually feels rather nice and soothing. I'm hoping it's a sign the drug is working in some way. Absolutely no lowering of libido or any sexual sides thus far (thank God).

Month 2: Tingling on scalp is still happening, but it has moved a little from my crown to the front/top of my head and my hairline. I'm still on 0.25mg daily and have had no side effects on this dosage. Libido is great and I'm still tugging it like a horny 14yr old who's just discovered RedTube. Semen consistency is also the same and I'm getting no other sides. Towards the second half of the month the tingling/itching periods on my scalp have lessened and are becoming less frequent.

And I'm not 100% sure if I'm just imagining this, but I'm seeing new, small, dark hairs appear in front of the the middle part of my hairline - i.e. where I'm not receding, which I'm finding pretty damn strange! I've noticed it more and more over the last 2 weeks from just glancing in the mirror and being drawn to it as it's becoming more obvious. They're just smaller, dark hairs growing in front of my regular hairline that seem to be becoming more consistent. However, as I said, it's happening at the very front where my hairline is best, so I'm really not sure what to make of it! I'm also not convinced 2 months is long enough to see any type of positive results, but I also can't ignore what I'm seeing, so I'm really unsure. I know that my hair absolutely does grow considerably faster than the average (half an inch per month) so who knows... Apart from that, the top of my head looks thinner than ever, so I'm guessing the tingling I've been getting is an indicator that I've been shedding, and to be fair I have been finding more shedded hair than usual... although this, like the tingling/itching, appears to have begun subsiding during the second half of the month.

Hopefully month 3 will bring continued progress.

That is great news about your hairline and FWIW that is where I first noticed propecia working the first time around, though it was around the 4th month.

I have just started 2nd month (.25 @ 2x week) and have started to notice shedding..plenty of it in the sink this am. But not sure it's the propecia at this point as I also had crown itch to go along with it.

Yesterday morning I noticed a small ache down on my left one, but again not sure if it's propecia as I have this before in the past when I was not on even on it. Even if it was, I am not concerned as it went away after about 4 hours or so and today it's gone although I do still feel a bit sensitive. This could all be coincidental and even if it's not it's not anything I am worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    That is great news about your hairline and FWIW that is where I first noticed propecia working the first time around, though it was around the 4th month.

I have just started 2nd month (.25 @ 2x week) and have started to notice shedding..plenty of it in the sink this am. But not sure it's the propecia at this point as I also had crown itch to go along with it.

Yesterday morning I noticed a small ache down on my left one, but again not sure if it's propecia as I have this before in the past when I was not on even on it. Even if it was, I am not concerned as it went away after about 4 hours or so and today it's gone although I do still feel a bit sensitive. This could all be coincidental and even if it's not it's not anything I am worried about.
    Thanks, how come you had to stop fin first time? Did the sides get too much? Seems a shame since you got positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS View Post
    Thanks, how come you had to stop fin first time? Did the sides get too much? Seems a shame since you got positive results.
    Yes though I am not 100% it was what caused the sides.

You are right ..had pretty good results and after about 2 years, it was like I did not have mpb anymore, so it was kinda hard watching it come back. But hey that is why I am back on it and will be happy if I can just stop it.

Hey guys,

Today is exactly 12 MONTHS since I started taking 0.25 mg of Finasteride TWICE A WEEK

First off, ALL my sides have now disappeared! My Libido is now back to pre-fin which is truly unexpected and I have my morning wood again ...I think powering through the sides for 1 year may be the key for those of us that may experience minor sides! (Please note, if you suffer from gynecomastia on fin, don't power through it! That will only make things worse)....

Secondly, My hair loss has completely halted and I have had some regrowth in my temples!

__________________________________________________ _______________

This was a great learning curve for me. Guys if you really want to HALT your hairloss until we have better solutions, take 0.25 mg TWICE A WEEK and allow 12 months for the minor sides to disappear!

The lower dosing doesn't completely remove all of your DHT and your body can adjust much better in my opinion!

All the best guys and let me know if you need any advice

Cheers,

- Des

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Today is exactly 12 MONTHS since I started taking Finasteride TWICE A WEEK

First off, ALL my sides have now disappeared! My Libido is now back to pre-fin which is truly unexpected...I think powering through the sides for 1 year may be the key for those of us that may experience minor sides! (Please note, if you suffer from gynecomastia on fin, don't power through it! That will only make things worse)....

Secondly, My hair loss has completely halted and I have had some regrowth in my temples!

__________________________________________________ _______________

This was a great learning curve for me. Guys if you really want to HALT your hairloss until we have better solutions, take 0.25 mg TWICE A WEEK and allow 12 months for the minor sides to disappear!

The lower dosing doesn't completely remove all of your DHT and your body can adjust much better in my opinion!

All the best guys and let me know if you need any advice

Cheers,

- Des
    It's great to hear that, 1, you halted your hairloss and, 2, you were able to eradicate all your sides. I have a bit of fatigue and I'm not quite as horny. Can't decide if I should cut back on fin for a short period of time or not. My head still itches from time to time which is highly concerning.

My sides, if they're from fin, are minor at best. I'm not sure what is warranted here. I'm afraid to allow *any* DHT to flow.

I used 1mg first time and had sides over night major sides, so i decided I had to stop hairloss so I used 0.25mg finesteride spray from genhair worked awesome I had amazing results and sides I could cope with etc. until 7 months down the line I started losing hairs fast, two weeks later I jumped on 1mg propecia and had no sides and stopped hairloss again. So your body can become tolerant, I now use 1mg every other day for a year and I'm ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I used 1mg first time and had sides over night major sides, so i decided I had to stop hairloss so I used 0.25mg finesteride spray from genhair worked awesome I had amazing results and sides I could cope with etc. until 7 months down the line I started losing hairs fast, two weeks later I jumped on 1mg propecia and had no sides and stopped hairloss again. So your body can become tolerant, I now use 1mg every other day for a year and I'm ok.
    Finasteride spray sounds like trouble if there's any woman around.

And thank you Desmond! If I ever decide to jump onto propecia, I'm gonna follow your routine

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post

And thank you Desmond! If I ever decide to jump onto propecia, I'm gonna follow your routine
    Same goes for sex without condom .....