Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeonreplicel
    • Mar 2012

REPLICEL posts pipeline timeframe

REPLICEL just tweeted their product pipeline. Funny my name reflects REPLICEL. I have less anticipation for REPLICEL as before but still believe they can pull through with something backed up by actual science. HISTOGEN is looking strongest so far in my opinion. But more the merrier.

Replicel's pipeline for products to treat pattern baldness, aging and sun-damaged skin, and tendinosis.
  • TravisB
    • May 2012

So they plan to complete Phase II by 2015?

What about Phase III and FDA approval and release to the market?

Does this mean if we'll ever see finished product from Replicel it'll be around 2017-2018 earliest?

But I guess this is kinda good news:

RepliCel’s Phase II study will be supported by a new cell culture protocol. This new process has given rise to improved cell replication and cell vitality leading to a more robust cellular product available for injection. This second generation process has been accepted by the regulators. This is consistent with our goal of isolating the lowest effective dose to maximize hair growth.
    So they'll use different, improved cell culturing process than in Phase I. Maybe it'll give better regrowth.

Comment

• john2399
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TravisB
      So they plan to complete Phase II by 2015?

What about Phase III and FDA approval and release to the market?

Does this mean if we'll ever see finished product from Replicel it'll be around 2017-2018 earliest?
      Spencer did say 2017 if everything goes perfect, which it never does.

Comment

• TravisB
        • May 2012

Originally posted by john2399
        Spencer did say 2017 if everything goes perfect, which it never does.
        Yeah.

Either way I'm quite positive by 2020 we'll have either Replicel, Histogen or Aderans (or all of them) on the market.

That and maybe CB-03-01

BTW Cosmo Pharmaceuticals seems to have updated the pipeline and description of CB-03-01. They acquired a big partner (Valeant Pharmaceuticals) and they plan to finish phase II for alopecia in H1 2015. I think there's a big chance we'll see CB-03-01 on the market in the near future, i.e by 2020 (that's if it really works as good as in their pilot trial).

Look here:

Future doesn't look that dark for hairloss sufferers.

If CB-03-01 made it to the market, it would basically be a prevention cure for MPB. It's supposed to be 2 times or so more effective than Propecia, and without side effects.

Ah, and there's also Bimatoprost, which will hopefully turn out to be better than Minoxidil.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
          • Oct 2012

Well here's to hoping I can hold on to my nw2.5/3 for seven years....

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
            Well here's to hoping I can hold on to my nw2.5/3 for seven years....
            Propecia my dude.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
              • Oct 2012

On it. Have been for a year and have been on minox for 6 mo. Dunno if ill maintain for 7 years

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

Thats a real long time. Sometimes it seems like FDA approval could be sped up a little bit

Comment

• TravisB
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
                  On it. Have been for a year and have been on minox for 6 mo. Dunno if ill maintain for 7 years
                  Well it doesn't neccesarily have to be 7 years.

I personally think there's a good chance we'll have SOMETHING new and better by 2018.

Plus, there already is GHO/Nigam

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't wait 7 years to see these treatments come into fruition.

It's time to like at immediate options like Gho, etc. That's going to be my route within that time frame because my hair won't hold on that long unfortunately. Besides, who knows if 7 years is even realistic at this point. It could never happen. Done waiting. Not going to be young and bald while sucking my thumbs waiting for these treatments to come out.

Comment

• Henkeh91
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by StayThick
                      I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't wait 7 years to see these treatments come into fruition.

It's time to like at immediate options like Gho, etc. That's going to be my route within that time frame because my hair won't hold on that long unfortunately. Besides, who knows if 7 years is even realistic at this point. It could never happen. Done waiting. Not going to be young and bald while sucking my thumbs waiting for these treatments to come out.
                      Agreed.. I'm going to be 29 almost 30 in 7 years. I've been on fin for little more than a month and have gone from NW4 to NW5 because of the shedding from fin. I doubt that my hair still will be intact by then.

Comment

• john2399
                        • Jan 2012

Histogen won't take 7 years. It works. All they got is a couple more phases. 2016 the latest.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by john2399
                          Histogen won't take 7 years. It works. All they got is a couple more phases. 2016 the latest.
                          Assuming they dont take a year to start Phase III after Phase II.

Comment

• clarence
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by TravisB
                            5-6 years...? C'mon, that's 1 norwood for most guys, and then all of you can get this done:

Note the hair growth in the "after" picture.

You can do it!!!

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by clarence
                              5-6 years...? C'mon, that's 1 norwood for most guys, and then all of you can get this done:

Note the hair growth in the "after" picture.

You can do it!!!
                              The problem with that is that its mostly just vellus hair.

Comment

Working...