+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    So I was reading this on a forum about something totally different, but I think the same thing comes into play with androgen receptor blockers: "

antagonists will usually cause upregulation. Block a receptor from being activated, and cascades of reactions will take place to increase receptor density. A good example is beta blockers. This is exactly the reason behind the idea of tapering off them rather than abrupt withdrawal, as given sufficient time and blockade, a large increase in receptor density will precipitate a massive catecholaminergic response, and consequential ischemia and heart attacks (which are pretty hard to treat relative to typical atherosclerotic/thrombotic ischemic events)"

This would explain why people have such fluctuating experiences with RU. I'm not gonna use it even though I ordered some, I don't think blocking receptors is the way to go when it comes to solving any health issues, because when you stop blocking them there is going to be hell to pay. Unfortunately the new PGD2 drugs work by blocking receptors too, but at least in that case they are not messing with your androgen receptors and your hormonal balance, and might get us over the hump to cell based treatments like replicel.
    This definitely doesn't apply to non-steroidal anti-androgens like RU. It's all bro science.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    This definitely doesn't apply to non-steroidal anti-androgens like RU. It's all bro science.
    How do you know swooping? Not questioning you, just curious. It doesn't seem like RU is steady in the long run and this might explain it. The body definitely tends to up regulate receptors if they are blocked in many cases. Please shed light.

Also intersted in this same potential with setipiprant and OC, how do we know that they are not going to basically make us more prone to PGD2 damage by blocking the receptors and making our cells basically make more receptors. this would make sense as to why people have withdrawals on cetirizine i really don't know, would love expert input.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    What's the difference of being non-steroidal?

So I tried ru for the first time and have not had the intense dudes I for from fin. My balls did feel kinda dull ache, but very mild. They do seem to not wanna hang like usual (sorry tmi) , do people experience this on ru? I'll say one thing, the mpb itch went away instantly. Like unreal. Been dying cetirizine which helped but nothing like this, the itch is extinct in ru in kb solution. If I can start using OC or setipip at a good price then I prob won't use ru, but maybe once in a while to kill the itch.

Also has anyone been on RU for several years at this point? Interested to know what it's been like for people long term.

Thats my big issue with RU just lack of information on it and the reliability of the manufacturing of it. It probably works though. Its odd that so many men including me have that itch that seems related to androgens, but there has never been any actual scientific connection between the two that I know of. Right now I am just debating propecia or RU or wait for something better since I only have minor loss and its going slowly

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Thats my big issue with RU just lack of information on it and the reliability of the manufacturing of it. It probably works though. Its odd that so many men including me have that itch that seems related to androgens, but there has never been any actual scientific connection between the two that I know of. Right now I am just debating propecia or RU or wait for something better since I only have minor loss and its going slowly
    Jump on fin . 99.99 people don't have sides , ifs safer then aspirin

A little off topic but if my doc wont prescribe fin and I saw a derm instead to get it could I have my normal doc refill the prescriptions? I dont want to keep seeing a derm for cost reasons since doc is cheaper but doc wont prescribe it. I figured the cost of generic fin is like 30 a month but if I take the .25mg its a fourth of that price which isnt too bad so it might be worth trying.

Ugh nut pain increasing with RU. We really gotta get on the OC and setipip train, these anti androgens are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Ugh nut pain increasing with RU.
    What dosage are you using? You can always try to lower your dosage to the point the sides are getting tolerable (or to the point where you don't have sides anymore at all).

But if it's just nut pain then I'd ride it out for a couple of weeks, I recall more people reporting that side effect during the first few weeks they were on fin and it disappeared after a few weeks or a month or so.