Hellouser's RU Log (with Minox, CB Nizoral and Saw Palmetto)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by UK_
    You can get the 1% bottle from MPB treatments and its ready-mixed.
    1% is way too weak, especially premixed as you dont know how long its been sitting premixed and how long it could be stuck in customs. If its been in the solution for more than 6 weeks (which sometimes can be in customs for that long) then your risking it. Regardless, I wouldnt even bother with RU at 1%.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

I agree with Hell..the minimum I've seen RU work at, and by work I mean stopping further loss, is 20mg daily....to be safe I would use at least 50mg daily.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

So 50mg a day is the least you should use for it be effective enough to thicken up your hair? So does any one know what would be the safest dose to actually get regrowth? Maybe 80mg a day?

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
          1% is way too weak, especially premixed as you dont know how long its been sitting premixed and how long it could be stuck in customs. If its been in the solution for more than 6 weeks (which sometimes can be in customs for that long) then your risking it. Regardless, I wouldnt even bother with RU at 1%.
          Is there a guide for mixing this stuff yourself? MPBTreatments say they mix on the day of dispatch but I guess the customs issue is a concern, id much prefer to self-mix because I think stability and dosage differences is the main problem when buying pre-mixed solutions.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by UK_
            Is there a guide for mixing this stuff yourself? MPBTreatments say they mix on the day of dispatch but I guess the customs issue is a concern, id much prefer to self-mix because I think stability and dosage differences is the main problem when buying pre-mixed solutions.
            dude, come on! LOL, i posted a thread about a usage guide AND a link to this thread at the bottom of my post in THIS thread!

Anyway, click here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12391

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
              Why? because of side effects ? cost?
              Side effects.

Comment

• StayThick
                • Oct 2012

dude, come on! LOL, i posted a thread about a usage guide AND a link to this thread at the bottom of my post in THIS thread!

Anyway, click here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12391
                Some of you guys really need to read the thread and stop skimming through information, especially when somebody takes the time to write a detailed description on their progress.

Nice job Hellouser. I personally appreciate the time you put in outlining your battle with hairloss and the pictures that detail your regimen and progress. This is only going to assist me and others as they try to find a solution/treatment that works for them. Awesome stuff.

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

March, 2012
                  In the picture below I am 5 months into using 1ml of RU with about 1-2% concentration (10-20mg) with about 1ml of Minoxidil at 2%. I should mention that while I'm on this regimen, I often used only 0.5ml total per day which all went into my hairline. The rest of my pathetic head I battled with Minox.

You increased your dosage from this and have recommended starting at 50mg (5%) solution of RU, yet for 5 months you used a 1-2% concentration. Wouldn't that be a concentration I should start with considering I am prone to sides with FIN and want to ease myself into this?

I mean 5 months is a long time at that solution. Is it that 5% you found the most success with limited to no side-effects, which is why you recommend starting at that dosage?

Just curious. Again, awesome write-up.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                    Side effects.
                    Try using RU with KB man...I haven't heard of hardly anyone who's had side effects with the KB vehicle...it was designed to eliminate sides

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                      • Oct 2012

So if I were to consider RU...should I quit fin or use them conjunctively? I haven't noticed any hit to my libido using .5mg of fin a day but also no outstanding results.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
                        So if I were to consider RU...should I quit fin or use them conjunctively? I haven't noticed any hit to my libido using .5mg of fin a day but also no outstanding results.
                        Actually, if I were on fin without side effects, id add RU into the mix as well and see what the two combined can do along with minox.

Yeah it'd be a bit of extra work but would be really interesting to see how much DHT is suppressed and how much regrowth one would get.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                          You increased your dosage from this and have recommended starting at 50mg (5%) solution of RU, yet for 5 months you used a 1-2% concentration. Wouldn't that be a concentration I should start with considering I am prone to sides with FIN and want to ease myself into this?

I mean 5 months is a long time at that solution. Is it that 5% you found the most success with limited to no side-effects, which is why you recommend starting at that dosage?

Just curious. Again, awesome write-up.
                          You could, and perhaps its best if you start low and work your way up until you notice side effects. I wouldnt go higher than 10% though (100mg/1ml).

Comment

• Hairismylife
                            • Jun 2012

Why Gho? You've got good regrowth!

Comment

• bananana
                              Inactive
                              • Feb 2012

mpbtreatments.com has 5% RU strength, I'm thinking about trying it, you have a very similar mpb to me and you really got a great regrowth..

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                                • Mar 2013

hellouser congrats

Comment

Working...